Oh my GOD! Warthog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ragin Pagan

This is sure to raise some hell, never mind pulses!
Bungie.net
Um. The dudes at WETA made a Warthog. I don’t mean that they made a big plastic thing that looks like a Warthog. I mean they built a fully-functioning, four-wheel steering, powerful, off-road vehicle with a machine gun on the back. At the correct scale.
WarthogBsmall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it, it's only a matter of time before the Military gets the design and rights to the Warthog and starts producing them.

Heck yes it shoots. Why wouldn't it? ;-) I'd trade my stang in for that baby! Screw traffic jams! Intiate Warthog jump NOW!

DDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: WOOOOOOOWWWW!!!! I just pissed an ocean in my pants. THAT IS SO CRAZY!!!! IM REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOVIE!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

"I think I just spawned some Overlords...In my pants."-Scott Ramsoomair, Creator of the webcomic 'VGCats'

Friggin' sweet. As for whether or not this thing actually shoots, it's about a 50-50 chance. Think about it, movie technology means that muzzle flashes and expended rounds can be CGed in, so all the barrel would actually have to do is rotate, tilt, and spin. On the other hand, if it does fire anything at all, it'd have to be blanks for safety purposes. But even blanks are dangerous at close range.

All of this aside, totally bad@ss... Nuf said.

Here's the way I see it.
Who cares if this one fires, but when the military buys the rights to this bad-boy, it will definitely fire.

That probably wont happen, seeing that the gunner is exposed and the cost to build this was probably high....but there is always a chance...you know how our military rolls ;-)

If the military were to buy the rights to this, the turrent would no doubt end up being enclosed by a larger carriage.

Actually, when you think about it, Military Humvees are pretty much already like Warthogs. I don't know if they've got the four wheel drive and suspension, I doub it, but they wouldn't have to buy the rights to this thing to basically make one of their own. Heck, they've got humvees that fire machine guns and missiles because of guy sitting snug in the back with a motion tracking camera on his head, completely un-exposed.

If they did get an idea from this, I hope its the windshield. I would love to see that on regular humvees.

Pft! They'll pee a river when they realize the Hog is ten times better than the Hummer. Do you know how hot a hummer gets in the summer?

they might not, I'm just nerding out on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back