Ok, Iran. Come Inside, Learn What's Happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
People are protesting in Iran. They don't like the president, and are marching in the streets. Innocent bystanders and protesters are being killed. I'm sure some are throwing rocks, and lighting fires, but this latest Neda Soltan was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Why are they protesting?

The president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, was elected again but people are convinced it was fixed. And they won't stand for it. Supporters of his opposition, Mir Houssein Mousavi, are probably the majority of these supporters.

_45931418_007375006-1.jpg

Who is Mahmoud Ahmedinejad? Well he's known for speaking out against America and Israel. He does have a lot of followers, so don't think he's just some guy taking over the country.

_45931438__45930528_-5-1.jpg

So what happens now? Well, they're going to recount the votes, but at the same thing, the protesters think voting was super rigged to begin with. So I'm sure they'll want more action.

Obama was doing talks with Iran, but we won't step in because it's something Iran needs to handle.

I'm not going to post any video of Neda, but feel free to youtube it. They show her protesting, another one shows her right after being shot, where she's struggles for life a few seconds, then blood comes pouring out her nose and mouth, and she died in the arms of her father. She wasn't protesting, but simply watching. Very very sad story.

Neda.png

It's great and important that her story is being told, but sucks that it takes a pretty young woman being killed for people to take notice, many young men have died but it doesn't make news, until after Neda. It's very sad.

Quick summary for those who were wondering what was up.

I saw that video yesterday. That was hard to watch.

My hat's off to the Iranian people for standing up to tyranny. The government was arrogant enough to call a winner an hour after the polls closed in a hand counted ballot election. They didn't even try to make it look good.

i just saw the video
my heart just dropped when i saw her eyes right before the blood came from her nose and mouth

and what? she was shot for nothing
she wasn't even protesting

My eyes filled with tears when I saw her mouth letting out blood. I hope her father helps get that president's ass off his chair and into the street begging for food.

I hope the bastard that shot her rots in hell for what he did.

Such a beautiful girl and got shot down for nothing.

I will pray for the girl's father. He must be extremely torn apart after watching his daughter die right in her hands.

If she were my daughter and I had to see her die right before me, I would charge towards the person that shot her and kill him with my own bare hands. If they shot me down, I would be the happiest man alive because now I will be able to be with her forever.

-Pony

My one stop for world news and well informed, tasteful discussion - The 405th.com

Adam, we need a political/soapbox forum for this. :cautious:

(and f*** Ahmadinejad. The kids at Columbia should have stoned him when he came to speak last year :mad: )

ACDCrockr209 said:
My eyes filled with tears when I saw her mouth letting out blood. I hope her father helps get that president's ass off his chair and into the street begging for food.

I hope the bastard that shot her rots in hell for what he did.

Such a beautiful girl and got shot down for nothing.

I will pray for the girl's father. He must be extremely torn apart after watching his daughter die right in her hands.

If she were my daughter and I had to see her die right before me, I would charge towards the person that shot her and kill him with my own bare hands. If they shot me down, I would be the happiest man alive because now I will be able to be with her forever.

-Pony
amen, mate, amen. I will pray also.
If I were the father, I just wouldn't care how many bullets they pounded into me, because it would be the same amount of damage that they would be getting in hell. I would try to keep on running at the guy who gunned her down, and just pull the gun out of his hands and blast him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the summary Adam. I don't get local news here through our cable provider and have been away from the computer for the last 3 or 4 days. I was wondering what was up.

I started crying at the part when she got shot....what kind of sick monster whould shoot down a civilian?! She did nothing wrong, and for that she deserves death? What is our world comming to? People shooting people, rape, hunger, and homeless people. :cry: I'm gonna pray for her, and for her father. It's very sad that they took his daughter away from him, but at least she died in the arms of a loved one.

Sean Bradley said:
Thanks for the summary Adam. I don't get local news here through our cable provider and have been away from the computer for the last 3 or 4 days. I was wondering what was up.
well, actually, all foreign news teams aren't allowed to investigate what's going on, so we have to rely on social networking sites, like facebook and twitter, to get the details on what's going on. essentially, i don't think you would have learned much from the tele

Preston said:
I started crying at the part when she got shot....what kind of sick monster whould shoot down a civilian?! She did nothing wrong, and for that she deserves death? What is our world comming to? People shooting people, rape, hunger, and homeless people. :cry: I'm gonna pray for her, and for her father. It's very sad that they took his daughter away from him, but at least she died in the arms of a loved one.

It's Iran, most of the militants over there are already unstable. Shooting random civilians is probably in their blood...

(video removed because it's too graphic for these forums)

The determination and resolve in the eyes of the people in this video is moving.

It is a slide show of pictures of the revolution.

I hope everything goes well for them and they get what they fight for because they deserve it.

I feel sorrow for Neda as well as the countless others that have died or lost loved ones, but what right do I have to judge or speak of their struggle when I sit here safe and free from their pain and sorrow? I would consider myself a coward for I would not have the strength to put myself in their shoes.

wow, that was sad. I became teary eyed when you seen blood coming out. This is a very sad thing to happen for what reason to just randomly shoot someone for doing nothing. I am sickened by how it is over there, no wonder why people do things that they do their government kinda sucks. This is kinda making me feel different about alot of things in my life. I hope whoever shoot her gets what he deserves and no one can say he was just doing his job, in less his job is shooting random people. I hope this ends soon and I very much dislike their president.
Thanks,
Quinn

That idiot Biden did say that the world would test the president's spine of steel.. Unfortunately, its not American Made Steel.
I hope his followers start to realize that their anointed one, is nothing. I mean, why would he want to "meddle" in their electoral corruption? Acorn anyone?

ii became so sad :cry: and angry :mad: :mad: :mad: at the bastard that shot her i felt like going there and assanating him :confused: :confused: .,what kind of inhuman monster does that to a clearly innocent person,it shows this world is having an arms race but its not about guns its bout who can become less of a man and more of a monster,seriously it was so sad :cry:

CPU. Chill. This thread isn't about Obama but since you feel strongly that he should do something, what would you have him do? I've been hearing politicians of all stripes calling for him to do something but they never say what that something is. Bitching and moaning gets you on the tube but it doesn't fix anything.

Any help from from the U.S. would be counterproductive. If what the Iranian people are doing is tainted by any credible evidence that the "Great Satan" is behind the protests it would be all over for them.

I'm no Obama supporter but this one is a no-brainer.

rube said:
CPU. Chill. This thread isn't about Obama but since you feel strongly that he should do something, what would you have him do? I've been hearing politicians of all stripes calling for him to do something but they never say what that something is. Bitching and moaning gets you on the tube but it doesn't fix anything.

Any help from from the U.S. would be counterproductive. If what the Iranian people are doing is tainted by any credible evidence that the "Great Satan" is behind the protests it would be all over for them.

I'm no Obama supporter but this one is a no-brainer.

ok w/e you say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back