Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta Four O

13087752_874369092690266_6833774156430373099_n.jpg
Was wondering if any of you dudes have built a light marine kit based on the marines you see in CE 343 Guilty Spark (mines with the boonies and minimal armor) as well as the ONI kits Lockes team uses in Nightfall. Trying to build a semi mash up of the two and was wondering if its been done. New to the forum and ive been looking around to the best of my ability and have had no luck. If you have post your pics here! been tryin to see what others have done.

My end goal is to build something somewhat resembling A UNSC Version of a Vietnam era LRRP.

View attachment 257330 Was wondering if any of you dudes have built a light marine kit based on the marines you see in CE 343 Guilty Spark (mines with the boonies and minimal armor) as well as the ONI kits Lockes team uses in Nightfall. Trying to build a semi mash up of the two and was wondering if its been done. New to the forum and ive been looking around to the best of my ability and have had no luck. If you have post your pics here! been tryin to see what others have done.

My end goal is to build something somewhat resembling A UNSC Version of a Vietnam era LRRP.

I haven't built such a thing (I'm working on H3 Marine armor right now) But I think it's an awesome idea. I'm really into real-life military/tactical stuff so I like the concept a lot. Hope you have success finding inspiration/building!

Update: Still in the process of looking around for parts but this concept art has a lot of what I want to base my stuff off of. Especially with the leg design and the pouch setup

90CCCA6B-2C1F-421B-8431-3095616EDD6D.jpeg

Dude, I could get behind that. Some ODST permutations, a strap attached to a BR, and a couple mag pouches with a thigh rig would look pretty close if you put it over some darker colored fatigues.

EDIT: I guess the marine would be a closer match, but the ODST would serve you just as well.

So I bought a republic commando helmet off this guy a few months ago and just found out he’s looking at either making a Halo Spartan Commando helmet or the recon helmet. Safe to say if he moves forward with making the recon one I’m gonna try and be first to get it lol. Fits exactly what I’m looking for though I may add an NVG Mount.

Second pic is the commando helmet I got from him.

D2F2EF26-C8A7-46F3-BBE0-12C16C44CB8C.png

7D2A4315-07C0-459E-A53B-B823C7B78E0B.jpeg

Dude, I could get behind that. Some ODST permutations, a strap attached to a BR, and a couple mag pouches with a thigh rig would look pretty close if you put it over some darker colored fatigues.

EDIT: I guess the marine would be a closer match, but the ODST would serve you just as well.
TBH Im not doing specifically anything from a single unit but more of mixing like how old sf used to do it. I like the leg and holster design of the ODST pic but instead of armor on the torso id do more of a chest rig plus swap camo to maybe tigerstripe or Multicam Tropic.

So as an update to what I want to do. A lot of the stuff I’m looking at involve some stuff that’s currently on the market.

The Tropic camo I plan on using, I ordered a a shirt and a semipo crud knock off pants with built in knee pads. As for the leg guards I may build those or spice them.

Thigh mounts I may go with two Blackhawk mounts where one is a holster and mount a small hardcase to the other for other odds and ends. For a pistol I really like the look of the stripped m6 buck uses in Halo 5 so I’m looking at a kit that fits over replica glocks that really pull off the m6 look.

Chest/waist wise I’m looking at how old lrrp belts were made but they really have a dated look (they’re dated from 1960ish) so I’m looking at the Russian Smersh that has the look of what you see unsc personal using in the infinite trailer.

Or

I got with a small chest rig that has the look of the pouches you see on Carter in Halo Reach.

Head wise I have a patrol cap that I may throw a sniper veil over or go with my Russian made boonie. Over the years I’ve noticed gear wise that Bungie\343 ultimately chose gear designs similar to Russian equipment with a dash of American swat.

Weapon wise I really liked the art they used for Kilo-5, it has Mal carrying what looks like a M395 but the mag is forward of the trigger so it shares a lot of the looks with a modern day scar. Other option is (for cons, dress up, whatnot) is take some of the boomco. Guns and do them up, I’ve seen some done up very well and I’m mildly okay with painting this far.

Attached is the kilo 5 art I was referring too with Mal in the front.

AFC4CD7E-73EB-4C99-B112-B355A2171AF7.jpeg

So goin with Velocity pouches. They fit my dual need but as well fit the look of when you see Spartans from halo reach have them. Note: I’m getting them in Ranger green.

9DD56D3F-6A60-4A9B-9077-98F95BF40667.jpeg

Heck. Yes. That's awesome.

Can't wait to see your final product, man. Going to be pretty sweet!

I’m pretty happy with what I’m finding lol. Hoping all the stuff comes together looking cool.

Gonna look at patches next lol. Trying to think of what would be fitting. Plus gonna start looking at how others have painted up their BoomCo stuff. Looking at painting up my MA5, M6, and laser designator.

Sweet. 405th has some patches around here you can purchase without breaking the bank. Figure which regiment you'd belong to and grab a couple of those patches and you'll be all set!

So just starting out on halo costume stuff I’ve heard mixed things on Xcoser stuff but I went and jumped on a ODST helmet by them. Dosnt look the best but I plan on repainting it into a more foliage green and add my own Unit stuff onto it.

67F1A4A1-5344-4DBA-B85D-08660CF92A9D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back