Status
Not open for further replies.
When a dude you follow is gonna start building the exact part you’ve been looking for <3

F0C49565-E80C-4EA4-81B1-5B7400E3F032.jpeg

So as im trying to do this setup for dual purposes and im starting to get more fleshed out im starting to find what works and what dosn't when it comes to gear working with each other. Trying to cheek weld a weapon with an ODST helmet is not optimal at all. When it comes to cqb its fine and all but damn if it isnt difficult when in the woods. So as for outdoor stuff I may look to something like a CH252 style helmet or lighter then that. but of course the problem i run into personally is keeping it with a halo look. I look at some key features of Marines/Army, ODST, Spartans, and from there trying to nail what gives them that Halo look. Hopefully the chest piece will help solve that problem and as well i might go the route of light shoulder armor and shin guards
445px-Halo3-MarineConcept.png
Jungle kit.jpg
MarinesConceptArt.jpg

so if you haven't watched the mona lisa yet you should the marines you see in it are ODST's the helmet is optional at best most of them had just marine helmets or do rags.

I know I haven't been around for awhile, so I'm kind of busting in. What is the mona lisa? I'm totally befuddled.

It was what? One of four stories they animated from evolutions I think?

Side Note: CH252 on the way from StonyProps.

So as im trying to do this setup for dual purposes and im starting to get more fleshed out im starting to find what works and what dosn't when it comes to gear working with each other. Trying to cheek weld a weapon with an ODST helmet is not optimal at all. When it comes to cqb its fine and all but damn if it isnt difficult when in the woods. So as for outdoor stuff I may look to something like a CH252 style helmet or lighter then that. but of course the problem i run into personally is keeping it with a halo look. I look at some key features of Marines/Army, ODST, Spartans, and from there trying to nail what gives them that Halo look. Hopefully the chest piece will help solve that problem and as well i might go the route of light shoulder armor and shin guards

Could look into learning to do a chin weld rather than a cheek weld. It’s how I was trained to shoot while wearing gas masks. Also could look into a higher riser for what ever optic you may be using.

So after months of neglecting this thread, I thought id update everyone on whats up. So due to poor visibility i decided to go with a Halo 3 Marine helmet over an ODST helmet. I got it through Johnson Arms Props which im pretty sure hes with Stony props. Quality is solid and moving forward i defiently want to get my stuff through him.
60543075_335234420522697_4646169189860507648_n.jpg

Along with the helmet, I did order some chest pieces and shoulder pads. The chest piece im certain i can attach to my existing spritus chest rig with some playing around needed to attach the shoulder pad effectively. The quality is decent and I got what i paid for out of them at around $120 for everything, I just need to find the time of the day to finish them up and mount them. At some point ill get a hold of Johnson arms agian but I wanted to mess around with these before I dropped the money on his stuff.
69859885_388400761872729_6464722664417132544_o.jpg

Finally the most important piece of the kit - the weapon! Though theres plenty of Halo cosplay weapons on the market, I needed something I could actually run for other purposes. So basing my build off of the Ares SOC, im gonna be taking heavy inspiration from art done a few years ago in which the artist showed of his version of an updated MA5. It really resonated with me and though its not canon (which none of this kit is really) im still gonna see if i cant get some parts for it such as a rail mounted ammo counter which i plan on jury rigging from a BoomCo ar.
60659169_336707773708695_7490880863572328448_n.jpg
60461360_336707793708693_4028386265144492032_n.jpg

Ive been really dragging ass on this whole project, but hopefully in the next yearI can get it moving agian since I have no other large projects currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back