Optimus prime costuming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

Anyone ever see a optimus prime costume? The only one I have seen that was wearable and transformed with the person inside was in some chinese comic fest video on youtube. A ton of people had transformer costumes and transformed with them on, they come out perfectly accurate to their vehicle and semi accurate to their shape (humans can twist and turn like robots)

Is there any place where I can find a way to make optimus's costume, I think being optimus or bumble bee would be awsome (the ones from the movie) even if they didnt transform.

No I'm serious, I dont mean some cheap cloth costume, I mean armor, accurate armor, not a peice of printed cloth with a silicon rubbery mask.

He can hardly move!

Its funny when I was making my chestplate the idea had crossed my mind of an Optimus suit.

did someone say my name? :D

seriously, ive been making transformer costumes for about 4 years now, primarily out of cardboard. so far ive build Optimus, Bumblebee, Soundwave, and Shockwave. none of them transform into alternate mode, but thats because ive built them for mobility. my friends and i would make appearances at 80's night and hip hop dance nights around town, and breakdance in them.

my latest optimus prime is the standard cardboard design that ive tweaked over the years, only this one is being coated in resin like all of the pepakura guys do with mjolnir suits. lately ive been spending all of my time on my mjolnir, daft punk, and iron man suits that i kinda blew off my optimus for a while.

heres a video of all 4 of us at 80s night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmC8UUXxyLw

and here i am goofing off in my suit at a house party. a buncha girls asked me to put it on and dance.
http://www.youtube.com/v/F0kk8SOKjZ0

optimusaint said:
did someone say my name? :D

seriously, ive been making transformer costumes for about 4 years now, primarily out of cardboard. so far ive build Optimus, Bumblebee, Soundwave, and Shockwave. none of them transform into alternate mode, but thats because ive built them for mobility. my friends and i would make appearances at 80's night and hip hop dance nights around town, and breakdance in them.

my latest optimus prime is the standard cardboard design that ive tweaked over the years, only this one is being coated in resin like all of the pepakura guys do with mjolnir suits. lately ive been spending all of my time on my mjolnir, daft punk, and iron man suits that i kinda blew off my optimus for a while.

heres a video of all 4 of us at 80s night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmC8UUXxyLw

and here i am goofing off in my suit at a house party. a buncha girls asked me to put it on and dance.
http://www.youtube.com/v/F0kk8SOKjZ0

Hahaa that was sick Optimus.. You got some serious poppin skills.. I would have fell outta my seat if you started doing flares and freezes with that costume.. I liked how you were flipping your arms and they were spinning in the 2nd video.. Wow, that my be krazy to be wearing that in the club.. Especially, you had the whole autobot crew with you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
preskewl said:
Hahaa that was sick Optimus.. You got some serious poppin skills.. I would have fell outta my seat if you started doing flares and freezes with that costume.. I liked how you were flipping your arms and they were spinning in the 2nd video.. Wow, that my be krazy to be wearing that in the club.. Especially, you had the whole autobot crew with you!!

yeah, in that version of the suit i couldnt bend my waist or my knees enough to do freezes or flares, and windmills were definitely outta the question (id tear the suit to pieces). the newer version has more lower body mobility, so i can do a few more things. im working on handspins, getting the balance is a learning process, because my weight is distributed differently in the suit.

whenever we go to a club, it absolutely shuts the place down. it goes from 500 people dancing, to 496 people watching 4 people dance. its ridiculous.

I've seen the one on gizmodo, I go there all the time, but No sight of the new optimus from the movie with flaming legs and arms

Moz said:
dont bother, it makes you sound like a robot

i just remembered i had a darth vader voice changer helmet with multiple settings, i might try it to see if i can find one that sounds like optimus, or even the chief

P.s. not to derail this topic

My friend and I are actually doing a MC/Optimus combo for Halloween (Ohio university Halloween is crazy, by the way) We were sort of working on our costumes together and we both just finished. Here is what his ended up looking like:

n1423530074_30028346_510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back