Materials for Padding and helping fit?

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by HATE Recon, Nov 3, 2018.

1. HATE Recon

HATE Recon Member

So, my ODST forearms arms are a bit loose and tend to rotate on my arm. I want to add some padding inside to help with this. I was looking for the kind of foam they have in like halloween masks, but couldn't find anything. Also, my helmet could use some padding. Do any of you have any suggestions of materials or other solutions?

Dirtdives likes this.
  2. Callianis

Callianis New Member

I've yet to jump into my own armour build but what about upholstery foam? You can put in blocks of the squishy foam when you want some 'pressure' to hold something in place, like arm or thigh pieces.

Dirtdives likes this.
  3. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Upholstery foam is a good suggestion Callianis just want to keep those blocks as small as possible. They will make you sweat.

4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Keeper of Con Lists Community Staff

You may want to consider strips rather than blocks, sorry PerniciousDuke......I agree w/ him that the foam will make you sweat......well actually, its not that it makes you sweat....it just retains your body heat and w/o proper circulation you can overheat. Ergo.....you sweat. But if you make the foam too small or too thin, it will tear a bit so there is a balance that you have to create.....and its not easy to find.

5. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Agreed with Dirtdives, I use three fins running front to back so that there's still channels for air from internal fans to flow down and then two on the cheeks.

PerniciousDuke and Dirtdives like this.