original noble team group build

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea thank you tron for helping people make their armor with less mistakes that helps a lot for people on the forum.

So I am not exactly using Eva foam and now I'm unsure how to paint my helmet because I've painted a test peice of foam and the paint ate it, so I'm kinda lost on what to do. I think coating it with plaster of Paris might work but I'm not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using a camping mat with these mounds/bumps on it.

I've seen people set things up for painting with wood glue or pva glue. Envirotex was suggested, but I'm not sure how well that works. Some people suggest using plastidip. Regardless, you would need to use a primer for your eva foam. Some aerosols eat away at foam. Always do a test like youve been doing. Find something that you like best.

As for the texture on your foam, most eva foams have a smooth and textured side. Try to use the smooth side on the outside when putting together the foam piece. You could also apply thinner layers of foam to add detail and cover the textured areas.

Ravarkian demonstrated using a "foam buildup" method (http://www.405th.com/f21/ravarkians-foam-noble-6-build-wip-39505/index2.html?highlight=eva+noble) which allows for higher levels of detail without having to potentially go over the entire piece and resin/bondo for detail. I'm giving this method a shot in my own build and so far, it allows me to get through the basis on the piece quicker knowing that I can always go back and smooth out some areas and add details later.

I've also decided to potentially use the PVA/resin method of hardening the exterior. Plastidip seems like the product many people use, but knowing how much damage a suit can take from transportation, storage, and regular con use, I'd want my suit do be as durable as possible. Being able to have the option of adding further detail with layers of bondo is great.

It seems to be regular recon armor, with a few changes in the chest. I hope that kinda helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind these are concept pieces of the armor.

OK, I think I'm gonna change it up a little, do some bulkier armor to make it more masculine due to the fact that the concept looks like it was originally supposed to be female, maybe, mkVI shoulders and the standard reach chest

Ok, sounds like this is gonna be pretty cool. We should try to set up a con meet, it would be sweet to get all of concept noble team in the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back