Osdt A Soft Armor Set + Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoL Rizzo

Well I was gona hold off posting anything till everything was done but i couldnt wait.

The back story

(why I did this)

About 2 1/2 weeks ago, ME and my friend from work (at best buy) were talking to my manager about the madden release and what we could do for the customers. Then we started talking about what was the next midnight release, which we came to find out for sure it will be HALO 3:ODST. So we started talking about what we could do and me and my friend told my manager it would be cool to dress up like spartans for it. She was so in to us doing it, she said that we could. So thats when I started to do the ODST armor.

The Plan

I started looking at this website, bungie and many other places to find a quick and easy way to do this. eBay was the fist look and wouldnt you know it 2 helmets up for sale, a Recon one by "herphalfwayhouse" makes a lot of helmets, and a odst cast. I missed the recon but i got the odst one.

In the limited time i had and in looking at your forums i didnt have the time to make one like most of you make them. So i have compromised on a lot of things to make the armor.

ODST Helmet - ($113)

Vest - ebay ($50)

Backpack - my store ($20)

little league catcher shine guards - Sports authority ($44)

Forearm guards/ Nike soccer Shine guards - Sports authority ($8)

Knee & elbow pads - target ($20)

MP7 airsoft AEG - Sports authority ($140)

P30 eletric airsoft pistol - Sports authority ($40)

Toy guns for the lasers ($12)

Glove ($8), Long sleeve black shirt ($15), Art supply[paint/visor/wood/glue] (about $50)

A few pictures:

Halo3_ODST-Rookie.jpg

The PLAN

smgsilencerplano.jpg

smgbuttplano.jpg

SMG plan

pistoltry.jpg

ODST PISTOL PLAN

chestplatetemplate.jpg

Vest and Chest plate plan in the works

plating.jpg

What the compromised armor looks like in paint :p

Will post picture later of what the actually look like

odstpistol.jpg

pistolslide.jpg

slideinside.jpg

Pistol unpainted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff Painted

gunhelmet.jpg

Guns & helmet done, Visor needs paint

visorscrew.jpg

visor.jpg

Visor screwed straight into the helmet, One side did break though to outer helmet but cant see.

smgclip2.jpg

smgclip.jpg

The smg clip

Well thats some of what I got, still need to sand and paint the pads, make & mount the chest plate, paint the visor, take a picture of the whole set up so far.

hey rube, unless this is your ebay user name "vitienrgylp". I figured it might be you but i saw a thread not to long ago discussing someone making casts from it.

one of the bids seemed a little sketch. unless if you can bid anonomysly, i saw a bidder bid consecutivley almost 3 times after out bidding another guy.

Btw man, haha you have a nice plan laid out! wish i could work as fast

rube said:
Where did you get the helmet?

HoL said:
I started looking at this website, bungie and many other places to find a quick and easy way to do this. eBay was the fist look and wouldnt you know it 2 helmets up for sale, a Recon one by "herphalfwayhouse" makes a lot of helmets, and a odst cast. I missed the recon but i got the odst one.

Ithica.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember my days of working at bestbuy lol

I remember us setting up several xboxs in the home theater area and playing Halo 1 then doing halo 2 when it came out

good luck with the costume

wow great modifications for your weapons but you might want to try cutting the <smg length down its supose to be a little smallerm> <the back extention bars, theres three bars> <, and just add another piece around the silencer> < and the gun just use a power tool to cut out a few slots> then you will be equiped for battle trooper!

zabicvamic said:
wow great modifications for your weapons but you might want to try cutting the <smg length down its supose to be a little smallerm> <the back extention bars, theres three bars> <, and just add another piece around the silencer> < and the gun just use a power tool to cut out a few slots> then you will be equiped for battle trooper!

Im not going to cut the smg/mp7 its a $140 airsoft gun. A Note both guns work with the addons the smg/mp7 silencer though not silent shoots straight. The pistol blows-back with the front silencer on, shoots too, and is removable.

Im in Pembroke Pines. The helmet is not from herphalfwayhouse (wanted his recon though), it was vitienrgylp.

Small update all armor painted, visor painted, chestplate still ongoing(need to figure out how to secure it and put together/painting without warping.

140$ for that gun you over paid buy a lot i just got that same gun about two months ago [attachment=11769:DSC03319.JPG]and i bout it for 15$ at a store on line and i did the same thing it looks good but i sold it on ebay

the smg is like the way u discribed it when its not equiped but when it is the stock is extended so his is accurrate if hes going to use it

zabicvamic said:

Small but big update, found cool straping with buttons at jo-anns craft place, i will try to make a custom leg rig to hold the guns and switch between them. will post later on how it works.

allparts.jpg

finishhelmet.jpg

VisorView.jpg

chestplate.jpg

shoulder.jpg

forearmGloves.jpg

legguards.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cmsmg.jpg

Im not cutting this, This is what it looks like folded up, i did have a handle extention but cut it off cause it didnt look right.

Tiny update leg rig for pistol kinda works, can get hung up but no biggy. I finally put everything on, the shoulders pads and elbow pads are a little tight but it helps keep them up on my shoulders, the chest plate is about 2 inchs too wide so i have to keep my arms out alittle, also i tried to get the helmet to work with my glasses but a no go, so i can see but everything is a blur. On the bright side is doesnt get that hot thought it would but not so much.

Heres a blurry pic. Mind the tan pants i just got out of work and was too lazy to put on the black pants.

firsttry.jpg

Will post more on the 22nd when the game comes out at my store.

Nice ODST build. What store do you work at? My Manager at my store wants me to wear the Marine armor I got from Adam a while back. Not sure If I want too since it's a marine not ODST lol.

The forearms are Nike M/L size Soccer shin guards for like $8 at sports authority, Im at the Pembroke Pines Best Buy #559.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back