Otafest 2023 Hype Thread Extravaganza

You comin?

• You bet!

• Maybe…

• I have yet to be nicely bullied into attending

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure if our group fits the aesthetic for Otafest, but are we doing a panel / vendor? Because applications are still open according to their website

Reminder to grab your tickets before the end of the year to get the early bird discount!
FB_IMG_1672100778388.jpg

I come bearing bad news. After looking into a trip to Calgary more it seems it will just be too darn pricey for me. My flight went from $200 to $350, checked bags are $150 each, plus accommodations and gas to get to kitchener, I've decided I would rather spend the money going to local cons (or maybe putting it towards a new spartan suit??). I loved the idea of seeing the westerners, but alas this is not the year. Someday in the future I will make it out there to see yall. Till then you can catch me in Toronto and Columbus
Screenshot_304.png

If anyone wants a weekend pass you're welcome to mine. dm me on the forums or discord so i can change the name on it

I come bearing bad news. After looking into a trip to Calgary more it seems it will just be too darn pricey for me. My flight went from $200 to $350, checked bags are $150 each, plus accommodations and gas to get to kitchener, I've decided I would rather spend the money going to local cons (or maybe putting it towards a new spartan suit??). I loved the idea of seeing the westerners, but alas this is not the year. Someday in the future I will make it out there to see yall. Till then you can catch me in Toronto and Columbus
View attachment 327180
If anyone wants a weekend pass you're welcome to mine. dm me on the forums or discord so i can change the name on it
No worries! Travelling out of your hometown, especially for numerous days, usually is a pricey endeavor.

yeah, just too far this year.

Who designed these countries!?!?
We need a redesign. I think we could delete saskatchewan, manitoba, and most of ontario, move BC and alberta over a bit, simplify the map a tad. Would allow the cool parts of canada to be closer together and thus bring the conventions closer. my proposed plan:
Screenshot_305.png

thoughts???

There's probably not too much point re-arranging things now. It's all gonna be North Montana in the future anyway.

As we get slowly closer to the date are there a restaurants/attractions that the locals or past attendees recommend we hit while we’re there?

As we get slowly closer to the date are there a restaurants/attractions that the locals or past attendees recommend we hit while we’re there?
do you like asian food and gundam? :lol: the con is an easy walk to chinatown so lots to do there. theres a sushi restaurant that delivers your food with a little bullet train thats pretty tasty. or japanese bbq at gyu-kaku.
It'd be cool to get some pics around the peace bridge. ill hopefully be able to find some more good places for pics during Calgary expo. i think the library would also be a really cool spot for visiting or taking pics.

I was going to nominate that we hit up Soban (the Korean BBQ place) again because of the variety of dinner options that can cater to vegetarian and GF needs as well as their selection of BEvERages that was pretty good. Once we get closer to the day of though we should definitely do an RSVP to figure out numbers for a reservation with a buffer for friends we make along the way.
It is a little bit of a walk from the convention centre but that also has the benefit of being less crowded for a potentially large group like ours.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back