Paint Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trando434

So my "company" is making is making a fanfilm (Hint see my Signature;)) and im in charge of painting the finished armor we have EVA and ODST spartan. so I have a few ideas and I need to know what to use.

SPARTAN040SLEET.jpg

first off the idea here is to apply a paint job that would give the illusion of brushed metal. Im just 17, I have no idea what to do here, I was think some kind of paint like Chrome-allusion. But Im not to sure.

Spartan-024Shank.jpg

Next is shank, The idea here is to use a flame splotch camouflage, I think I know how to do this from random tuts over the internet, but I dont know how to give it a sheen like a really well polished armor.

And as you can see, they are very poorly PDN'd images to show what I kinda would like to see, so Hopefully they can turn out as close as possible.

And in the poster in my sig, Sleet needs to be redone if any of you are wondering why he has camo'd armor

Alclad might help? But it's very very expensive, spray painted on top of a black undercoat it looks like actual metal.

How did you do the EVA helm? I'm desperately trying to find a way to do the visor!

Dude, its an action figure i PDN"d, lol, but alcad, i could try it, Right now i am trying to solve the golden visor problem that would make the EVA visor worth making. Thats the only thing i can pep, if you had biosculptor you could scan it and pulled acryllic over it? which is what i did ill post some pics for you

Ahh, am at work so some pics don't show for me unfortunately! Well one bottle of alclad should easilly cover an action figure! You'll need to mask off bits and such cause alclad can't be painted by brush it needs sprayed on. Looks awesome though!

I was thinking acrylic / lexan pulled over a pepped mould then sprayed inside to do the gold effect, just not got access to a vacuum former here and haven't had a chance o build one yet. I'll try one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back