Paintball ODST silenced smg build

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan11682

I'm a huge fan of paintball, and obviously Halo. Browsing one of my favorite paintball sites, I got the idea in my head to make a build of parts to look kinda like the SMG the ODST's use (with some after-market additions of course).

Below are the links to the site/parts, and maybe a comment or two on any additions to said part for a more authentic looking gun. Any tips, tricks, or constructive comments are welcome! :)

But first, the reference picture

The gun:
Tippmann x7 phenom mechanical ($299)
The main reason I thought of this gun is the compact size, and high upgrade potential. I have the basic version of this gun, and as far as playability, its freakin amazing right out of the box. Price is a bit high, but its a quality gun and will last long after some other guns.

The barrell:
Tippmann A5 flatline barrel and remote line ($99.95), ($79 without remote line)

Barrel adapter A5/x7 ($13.99)

This was the closest looking barrel I could find, and it happens to be an amazing upgrade for the gun to boot. The adapter is needed for the barrell to fit, so I'm hoping it doesn't take away from the look too much.

EDIT: Ok, so after looking at a site a buddy found, here's a shroud that looks way better, and you can use any barrel for your x7 without getting an adapter (its welded in).

The Buttstock
RAP4 Skeleton Wire Buttstock ($39.95)

This is where the most work would be done. With the thin frame, I thought it would be easy to use wood in/around it, or even weld some thin metal to form. It has a velocity adjustment in the back, so if you plan to weld, I'd watch out for that.

EDIT: Here's another buttstock, may work better.

Misc parts/accessories

The magazine

I chose a short mag, because the actual gun has it in the handle, so this was the best I could come up with.

The trigger

Again, more for looks than anything. The squared guard was why this was chosen.

EDIT: Here's another trigger and guard that I thought could work as well.

The grip

Pretty self-explanatory. Closest looking one I could find for the gun.

The sights

Thankfully, there are a few sights on that site, so you can pick and choose for yourself.

The lights

There aren't too many lights on the site, so this one was the best for the price.

EDITAh, but on another site, I found a better looking/working flashlight.

There are also some internal upgrades you can purchase for the gun, meant for actual gameplay. As far as the look of the gun, I don't know what can be used on the parts to shape them without affecting playability, so if anyone knows something that works, please let me know. Hope you like the build, and again, please comment on any better parts. Also, I'll update whenever I find better parts, always with an EDIT so its easier to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back