Papercraft and armour making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, that's not something I messed with. Since I printed then at work on a Laserjet and used spraymount to fix em to the card. Not my toner not my spraymount. Once the piece is assembled I just peel em off.

I foget what printer we had at my last work station, but it had the big LAN printer that took giant square crayon like colors, this thing was awesome as you could print out magazine quality photos, glossy and all. I wish I knew what type it was, as I would look for another one like it on ebay.

But I thought that type of printer for pepakura would be cool as you could print out the color and other details and make a halloween costume kit

But If I print it out of 8 1/2 x 11, it will make just more sheets, or will scale down all my helmet?

And Fraz, you should write like the height of each parts

You're doing a great job, :wowie:
^^

And Doom, which prog did you use for the MA5C?

Maya, 3DS Max?

Et moi non plus je comprends pas comment qu'il travaille ^^

umm i think it scales it down, i dont know how to print stuff off the right size on letter paper or 8x11 or whatever it is heheh. Becuase i was fooling around with it and tried to print it off and it made it fit to the page and if i didnt make it fit to the page it would just be cut off and i wouldnt have andything to work with :(, but then i found the cut and attach feature( or somthing like that) so i tried cutting the pieces so they would fit to paper but on the screen where the pieces are the paper is like sideways but it prints them out the other way and i just dont get it, wow that was long.

Last Spartan, sounds like you are using google translator or something for your french =p. Most online translators translate your words word for word and it ends up really weird and out of order for those reading it.

Also, I use 3ds Max 8 for all of my modeling. I don't like maya so I stick to Max.

-Doom

I just got the templates extracted, and Im going to take it to work and both print it out, and convert it at work using the adobe reader there. Once I have done this does anyone know where I can post this to make it available for direct download here in this forum?

It may be a big file, just curious.

Thanks

DM

Doom said:
Last Spartan, sounds like you are using google translator or something for your french =p. Most online translators translate your words word for word and it ends up really weird and out of order for those reading it.

Also, I use 3ds Max 8 for all of my modeling. I don't like maya so I stick to Max.

-Doom

Lol no, I'm a real french ^^

From Quebec! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
ummmm so can anyone help us i need to print this stuff out. But it just scales it down and if i dont scale it down it will get cut off and .........well i just need help XD

Darth-Malevelus, If the files smaller than 20 meg mail it to me and I can host it.

I would prefer not to as,

1. Since I havn't finished My armour I don't know whether it will be the right size.
2. People who want to scale it won't be able to. they'll be be stuck withwhat ever size is in the pdf. At least with the pdo they could resize individual parts if they are too big/small.

But like I said if it's less than 20 meg, send it to me and I'll chuck it up.

Last Spartan, If you arn't using A4 paper you can specify the paper type your using in paperkura's setup. Then you need to rearrange the the parts to make sure they fit on the page. That's the bit that takes the most time.

Fraz

That's why i said I was using A4..:p

You can use the join/disjoin function to join the facets together and then move/rotate. Use trial and error to make sure they all fit on the page size.

I did say that was the bit that took the most time..:)

Failing that you could go and buy a ream of A4 sized paper/card. Office supply stores should have it and it'll fit in your printer.

Fraz

Change the setting to letter, or legal. I found the changes were automatic and all of them fit. so I saved them all as BMP files and burnt them to CD to be printed at work.

My friend said has lots of poster board so hopefully, I can use some to build my costume with.

i changed it to letter paper it makes everything smaller though :( thats why, ill just try and do the cut or whatever it is to try and make them all fit.

Ok, here's the thing on it scaling your size down. The file is saved in a landscape format. This means that it is printing the width of the paper instead of the length.

In order to keep it from scaling down, you will need to go to your print preferences and change your print preferences from portrait (length) to landscape (which is width). This is for your actual printer, not for Pepakura.

Also, like they said before, for us Americans (since we do everything back asswards) make sure you are on Letter (8.5" x 11") or Legal (8.5" x 14") depending on which paper you are using. You change this setting in both your printer preferences and in the Pepakura print preferences.

ok so i disjoined parts and got everything to fit ( still dont know hwo to make them not grey) and now i dont know where anything goes XD umm so is there a way to tell me which piece goes where or is this gonna be like a giant 3d foldable puzzle? well whatever at least their the right size this time.

If you don't want it to be grey, then under the Both Windows menu, unclick "Use Materials for Faces"

And if you want numbers to put it together you will need tab ids. To show these you will want to go under the Configuration menu and open "Edge ID Configuration." From there, make sure that you click "Show Edge ID" so that the box is checked.

Easy stuff guys, don't be afraid of the software. I learned all of this by just playing around with it myself.

:eek: o too late printed it out already lol, but now i have to keep looking at pepakura to see where stuff goes but that would be fine with we if i could save!!! i totally frogot about that part so now i have to leave it open lol. o well its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back