PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My choice would be the HaloFest Entrance. :)

That's were I will be at 5:30, 6:30ish if there isn't much of a line at 5 ill go to starbucks for a bit it's 2 city blocks up from the door.

Oops, I meant that one ;). First 5000 people into halofest get extra swag! It is my intention to get it all.

Same here I know from watching the clips from comic con mega blocks is giving away a worthog I believe, or a falcon its one or the other but like you said first 5000 get the special swag so I will be there.

That's were I will be at 5:30, 6:30ish if there isn't much of a line at 5 ill go to starbucks for a bit it's 2 city blocks up from the door.

Same here I know from watching the clips from comic con mega blocks is giving away a worthog I believe, or a falcon its one or the other but like you said first 5000 get the special swag so I will be there.

Are you planning to line up in the morning in full armor, or go in clothes in the morning and come back later in armor?
I'm OK with either plan, but that could be a long time to stand around in armor plus we'll have shwag to carry.

What about if we all agreed to turn up after lunch in armor and show up as a group?

BTW, my armor is packed up for transport. Now I just have to hope that TSA or American Airlines doesn't destroy it en route.

Are you planning to line up in the morning in full armor, or go in clothes in the morning and come back later in armor?
I'm OK with either plan, but that could be a long time to stand around in armor plus we'll have shwag to carry.

What about if we all agreed to turn up after lunch in armor and show up as a group?

I'm hoping to be in line in the morning with you guys but in full armor (assuming its not raining). Then check out the layout, grab some swag. Return to Hotel to drop off swag then return in time for the Community Pannel.

At least thats my plan.

BTW, my armor is packed up for transport. Now I just have to hope that TSA or American Airlines doesn't destroy it en route.

I will be in full armor from the start, I am lucky enough to have my buddy going with me to carry all my stuff I manage to get my hands on and snap pics for me. I am trying to score a halo fest party pass so I will be in armor all day, to maximize my chances of scoring a pass.

I'm hoping to be in line in the morning with you guys but in full armor (assuming its not raining). Then check out the layout, grab some swag. Return to Hotel to drop off swag then return in time for the Community Pannel.

At least thats my plan.

The weather is looking great it is saying 70's and sunny all the way through Sunday so we should have no issues with the rain. And if it does there is plenty of over hangs to stand under.

At least thats my plan.

OK, I'm up for that. Hopefully we can still get together for a bit on Thursday night to discuss timing.
Let's hope for no rain. Soggy Mjolnir would not be very comfortable.

I don't see why you should not score a VIP pass.... Your Armor is already epic and adding the LED's just makes it that much more EPIC. :D

OK, I'm up for that. Hopefully we can still get together for a bit on Thursday night to discuss timing.
Let's hope for no rain. Soggy Mjolnir would not be very comfortable.

Naw, its not the soggy'ness that is a concern, its all of the electronics. It hates moisture. I already had to replace one of the speakers due to moisture damage. Ugly process. So... lesson learned. :)

Longshot I think we should orchestrate a rally point before we roll out to the line, we could meet in the lobby of your hotel if that work's or find a different location if that suits everyone's interests. For the people that want to go to the lines early.

And a meet on Thursday evening like gmflex said would be good to do a meet and greet face to face. I say evening because I have to drop my son off at his grandpa's for the week-weekend while i'm out enjoying my version of a vacation up the road from my house lol.

I agree. We'll use the Crowne Hotel lobby as the 405th meeting point.

I agree. We'll use the Crowne Hotel lobby as the 405th meeting point.

I'm at the Paramount Hotel which is right around the corner from the Halo Fest entrance. I'll probably just meet you all there rather than walk all the way to the Crowne and back.

With 3-4 days left (depending on how you are counting down), here's a little better teaser of the location we took pictures at last year.
PS_PAX10_1.jpg

With 3-4 days left (depending on how you are counting down), here's a little better teaser of the location we took pictures at last year.
PS_PAX10_1.jpg

That is very cool.

Any chance we could do a shoot on Friday or Saturday? I don't get in until Thursday night. I'd like to get something suitable for a poster in my game room :)

PS_PAX10_1.jpg

Ahhh I remember standing there for a while early in the morning to get inside to stand in line again.

I'm staying at the Paramount as well. I can't wait for the epic group of Spartans and marines mobbing around the convention floor.

I'm staying at the Paramount as well. I can't wait for the epic group of Spartans and marines mobbing around the convention floor.
Cool! Want to head over to Halo Fest at the same time Friday morning? That way I won't be a lone Spartan wandering around Seattle :D

I'm at the Paramount Hotel which is right around the corner from the Halo Fest entrance. I'll probably just meet you all there rather than walk all the way to the Crowne and back.

Works for me! I'll be pretty hard to miss, as I'm sure ALL of us will be hard to miss. :)

PS_PAX10_1.jpg

That reeks of EPIC and WIN! Thanks for posting this inspiring and motivating pic. It definitly helps to amp up the excitment. +1 excitment!

That is very cool.

Any chance we could do a shoot on Friday or Saturday? I don't get in until Thursday night. I'd like to get something suitable for a poster in my game room :)

There may be opportunities on Both days... It's just a matter of coordinating as many people as possible. I for one would love to do more than one photo shoot session.

Cool! Want to head over to Halo Fest at the same time Friday morning? That way I won't be a lone Spartan wandering around Seattle :D

Trust me... you wont be the only Spartan wandering around. :D

Me neither. Super hyped about the whole weekend and super excited to see all of the hard work and EPICNESS that went into everybodys projects.

Update:
This thread got Stickied! WOOT! WE ROCK!

Spending today and tomorrow getting my stuff organized, and perhaps another stickcam session. I'll post it here when I'm live.

img00023623_-_cropped.jpg

Super CHEERS!

Absolutely, but I know that we'll definitely find the other 405th members bright and early in line as well. On and Longshot those guns look EPIC! I wish that I could have had a better looking weapon but I put all my effort into resizing the chest piece, adding lights everywhere and making a blue CTF flag. Hopefully someone will have blue armor on so I can rub it in their faces... "flag captured" :D

Absolutely, but I know that we'll definitely find the other 405th members bright and early in line as well. On and Longshot those guns look EPIC! I wish that I could have had a better looking weapon but I put all my effort into resizing the chest piece, adding lights everywhere and making a blue CTF flag. Hopefully someone will have blue armor on so I can rub it in their faces... "flag captured" :D

Cool. Can you PM me contact info (e-mail/twitter/etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back