PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I get to snag one of those passes that would be awesome, if not I imagine ill head over to the hard rock cafe and chill at the bar for a while.

So, anyone going to be in Seattle Wednesday night?.... I had a change of plans and I'll be arriving 12:05 A (Wed Night / Thurs Morning)...

So, anyone going to be in Seattle Wednesday night?.... I had a change of plans and I'll be arriving 12:05 A (Wed Night / Thurs Morning)...

I live in the area so if ya need something let me know.

I got all my badges now, I was waiting on the Friday badge now i'm good I have came to the conclusion that just getting the 3day badge would have been much easier.

IMG_0736-1.jpg

OMG. That is one ugly schedule of a flight.
I assume that you and Adam will want to get some sleep at the Hotel. I believe that the earliest that you can check in is at 10:00.
I wont' be showing up until the late afternoon/evening.

Thank Lawacr for helping them out, should they need it.

I'll confirm with the Hotel about the check in time and let them know to expect you in the morning.

Here's an update on my travel plans. I arrive at 8PM on Thursday. If all goes well I should have a very large container in tow with armor in it, hopefully not smashed to bits.
I'm staying at the Paramount Hotel. Anyone else staying there?

12 Days till HALOFEST

While I'm waiting for my PAX passes to be delivered (Fedex)
I figured that I would follow up on a pic that I had previously posted on my WIP thread:

I get asked this question many times: How do you go to the bathroom?
"UH OH... Chief has to go..."
img00022816.jpg

So... How does Chief "go"?
Notice he never "goes" with out his shotgun.

dsc_0008_-_cropped.jpg

"HEY YOU! Get out of here. OR ELSE!
Yea. I'm talking to you!"
dsc_0011_-_cropped.jpg

"Seriously! I mean it! Get out of here! I need some private time!"
OK maby this pic is not so PG.
dsc_0012_-_cropped.jpg

Little does Chief realize that his rant is ignored by the "cat cam"
"What is this white plushy roll thingy?"
dsc_0013.jpg

By now, I'm beginning to wonder if Chief really know's "how to go"
Even the cat (his name is SCSI) is beginning to wonder.

dsc_0014.jpg

"Hmmm... maby this white plushy roll thing is good for a silencer"
OH Chief! You really don't know what your doing.
dsc_0016_-_cropped.jpg

(To be continued as we get closer to HALOFEST)

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy got a 3 day pass off ebay last night so now I have my mule to carry all my swag and take pics lol. This will be his first time going to any kind of convention, I figured halo fest would be one hell of a way to start though.

It amuses me that you are not the only person that I know with a cat named Scsi.

LOL. That's funny. I though that I was the only one who had a cat named SCSI.

My buddy got a 3 day pass off ebay last night so now I have my mule to carry all my swag and take pics lol. This will be his first time going to any kind of convention, I figured halo fest would be one hell of a way to start though.

PACK MULE! LOL :D

On to the important stuff!

The 405th Hotel: I have contacted the hotel and to ask a few things.

1) Check in times. Normal check in time is 4PM. However I did ask for an early checkin. How early? Well that depends on 2 things. the 1st is how soon do the previous occupants leave and 2nd is how soon does house keeping finish up. Basically we don't know.
For those who are insainly excited and are showing up super early, I have found out that the hotel/bell hop can 'check in' your luggage and put it into storage until the room(s) become ready. I wont' be showing up until after dinner.

2) Room keys/cards. The Hotel will be able to provide room keys/passes to all 8 of us.

3) I have confirmed the 2 room bookings, just to make sure that they did not give them away to someone else. That's one experience that I really want to avoid. Our rooms are secured.

Communications: Not much has been discussed about this. So, I'll start off by offering a few ways to contact me throughout the event.

Internet - I'm not sure how well the WIFI and/or the 3G network will be, but I'll have access to the following via my smartphone while trooping around. Email: longshot@longshot-x.com Twitter: www.twitter.com/drlongshotx Facebook: www.facebook.com/drlongshotx

Directly - Cell phone. I have no problem giving out my Cell#. If you want it, please PM me and I'll give it to you. Please use this method only if you cant contact me via the internet methods or if you need a faster response time. eg. "I lost you! Where are you?" Also be aware that if you call me, you might find yourself LIVE on my PA system. You'll know this by the way that I answer the call. "Hello caller. Your live with Spartan LongShot!"
Text messaging also works fine with me.

Smartphone guide: Here is a nice app. http://www.guidebookapp.com/getit/ works with Iphone, Android, Blackberry and Win7 phones. PAX PRIME 2011 download is avaiable now.

Now on to keeping the excitement going:

11 Days till HALOFEST​

<Pulls Trigger> Very loud BLAM!
"This white plushy thingy does'nt work! Maby its for something else?"
Chief still trying to figure out what TP is really for.
"What's with this streamer hanging off the end?"
dsc_0017_-_cropped.jpg

After carefully explaining the detailed process of how to use TP
"Your telling me that I'm suppose to wipe my <BLEEP> with this?!?"
dsc_0021_-_cropped.jpg

"... FOUR or FIVE squares is all that I get to use. Your kidding me!
I'm a SPARTAN! I'll need more than that!"
Oh dear. I have a bad feeling about this.
dsc_0019_-_cropped.jpg

As far as communications go, I'll be bringing my two walkie talkies (one for myself and the other for the bf). So if anyone else is as well, we can try and find a (relatively clear) channel and use that.

Not that anyone cares, but I doubt I'll be using my phone too much as I don't want to come home to a $120+ phone bill for roaming charges or something gay like that.
However, at some point in time during the con, I am willing to LIVE STREAM PAX from my phone via stickam for a little bit! I figured out how to use that yesterday, so yeah! You non-pax goers will get to see PAX live and junk.

Kevin! Stop counting down the days!! D:< I'm stressed as it is!

As far as communications go, I'll be bringing my two walkie talkies (one for myself and the other for the bf). So if anyone else is as well, we can try and find a (relatively clear) channel and use that.

Not that anyone cares, but I doubt I'll be using my phone too much as I don't want to come home to a $120+ phone bill for roaming charges or something gay like that.
However, at some point in time during the con, I am willing to LIVE STREAM PAX from my phone via stickam for a little bit! I figured out how to use that yesterday, so yeah! You non-pax goers will get to see PAX live and junk.

Kevin! Stop counting down the days!! D:< I'm stressed as it is!

Stressed! No no no! You just need to be MOTIVATED and INSPIRED.
I mean... just look at the Chief... I've got him all <Bleeped> and such at trying to keep everyone going. :p
You need to make Scott work moar. :) HEHEHE.

I know I'm not a large presence here on the 405th, but will be there on Friday and Sunday and would love to meet up with other members!

Your welcome to hang out with us. I have a strong feeling that location will be at HALOFEST. Our group will be kinda hard to miss.

Do you want me to add you the who's going list?

Cheers

Double post... OH well. ;P

10 Days till Halofest​

Chief has decided that he needs more than a dozen squares.
"Something stinks and its not coming from me!"
dsc_0023_-_cropped.jpg

"How on Earth can I be smelling that. I'm in an EVA suit. It must be super toxic or something. Smells like its coming from this canister."
No no no! Don't open it Chief!
dsc_0024_-_cropped.jpg

To be continued

Spartan LongShot-X got his PAX and HALOFEST passes today (via Fedex)

Passes%20arrived.jpg

<does the Spartan Happy Dance>

:)

Regarding the Thursday photoshoot, do we have a ballpark idea of when during the day that will be taking place? I want to be there, but I need to make arrangements to be out of work, in-costume, and on-site during the shoot. To that end, I would favor doing it later in the day, either late afternoon or early evening. I would rather not leave my co-workers hanging in the middle of a project.

Also, if anyone is arriving in Seattle on Wednesday (preferably not too late in the evening,) I would be happy if we could get together for dinner at a local establishment. Sadly though, my favored establishment announced yesterday that they were going out of business. It was a classy place that was open all night and made the best key-lime pie in town. :(

TAKING ORDERS FOR 405th SHIRTS.

As a favor to those attending PAX, if you want to pick up your shirt at PAX and save yourself shipping costs, contact me via PM, AIM at Wally831, or email at walter@405th.com and I will provide the information needed on how to place an order so that you can pick up your shirt at PAX from me personally. This will need to be done immediately, as shirts are being 8/18/2011.

CLICK HERE: T-Shirt Order Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back