PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update:
I found another pass for Friday and will have a marine with me. Also I'm coming down Thursday and staying at the Paramount. Still wish I could get a hold of a Saturday pass

Just an update:
I found another pass for Friday and will have a marine with me. Also I'm coming down Thursday and staying at the Paramount. Still wish I could get a hold of a Saturday pass

stuck in the same boat as you, need a sat pass got a fri and a sun only

SOOOoooo.... Had a photoshoot with Longshot this weekend at CCEE, and here's just a snippit (there's more in this elite thread):

253682_10150647343490403_814300402_19246301_1296754_n.jpg

And while I realize not all of you have modeling skills/knowledge, those of you who sign up to do a photoshoot with my at some point during PAX, I will be teaching you some modeling tips n' tricks that I've learned from my modeling/cosplaying, lol. It'll be fun, but I warn you, it can be a lot of hard work.... Modeling isn't as easy as some people think. So be prepared!!

Thanks Longshot for being my model at CCEE! Can't wait to shoot with you again at PAX, and hopefully with more suiters!

Good godly grunt grenades, what have you done, Kevin?!? PAX Prime has never had such a huge thread response in previous years. Glad to see that this year, we're going to come full force! And wow... can't believe I just read through all those pages. A possible 405th Armor Building panel?! You guys are amazing.

I'll be there Thursday - Monday, rocking my Scout armor... hopefully with lights, fixed boot toes (need to find a gorram plunger!), and better harnessing to avoid the "duct tape situation" from last year. Already rooming at the Westin with a bunch of friends. I'll be the only one in Halo armor, though the majority of my group are cosplayers. May even have another as a Capture Trooper from Killzone 3 if he gets his ass in gear and works on it.

Now, not too sure on what day/s I'll be in gear, as I'll also be costuming opposite my gf as Noob Saibot to her Scorpion and Sniper to her Pyro from TF2. Gonna be a busy friggin weekend!! Can't wait to see everyone. I'll make sure to keep updated here. Cheers!

Great pic hyokenseisou, Longshot-x your suit is awesome!

Thanks for the compliment.

Booked my train tickets.

100% going now.

:)

My plane will land Thursday just after 6:00PM... who is going to pick me up from SEA Airport?

It looks like M-071 has you covered. If not, I can pick you up. Do you know if Adam needs a lift?

I will be in that area around that time so if you need a lift happy to give you one

Thanks for picking up Walter.

Too early for planning eh???
lol I just texted you about this, you fooker! XD

LOL! I like that one "Fooker" I'll have to use that as my word for next month.

Good godly grunt grenades, what have you done, Kevin?!? PAX Prime has never had such a huge thread response in previous years. Glad to see that this year, we're going to come full force! And wow... can't believe I just read through all those pages. A possible 405th Armor Building panel?! You guys are amazing.

I'll be there Thursday - Monday, rocking my Scout armor... hopefully with lights, fixed boot toes (need to find a gorram plunger!), and better harnessing to avoid the "duct tape situation" from last year. Already rooming at the Westin with a bunch of friends. I'll be the only one in Halo armor, though the majority of my group are cosplayers. May even have another as a Capture Trooper from Killzone 3 if he gets his ass in gear and works on it.

Now, not too sure on what day/s I'll be in gear, as I'll also be costuming opposite my gf as Noob Saibot to her Scorpion and Sniper to her Pyro from TF2. Gonna be a busy friggin weekend!! Can't wait to see everyone. I'll make sure to keep updated here. Cheers!

I know! I know... LOL Its turning out to be bigger than I thought! Hmmmmm... It might have something to do with this HALOFEST thing. LOL
Glad to have you onboard!
FYI: The Armor building pannel did not pan out as we wanted to. The bookings for a venue were already full. More time to troop around and have fun! EDIT: Correction! The Pannel is still a go. My bad for skimming and not fully comprehending.

Added you to the Who's going list.

Cheers!

Yeah, Halofest sure made everything move a lot faster this year, that's for sure. And sorry to hear about the panel falling through, it just sounded like Hyo had said it was under review still, and that the slots for the hosts were full.

But there's always so much stuff to see and do, we'll need all the time we can get! (especially since you'll be stopped every 5 steps for a photo. Hahah!)

Who said the panel fell through? I won't know until July 15th....

Please read a little more carefully next time...
I corrected my wording afterwards. I meant to say I needed panelist info by the 8th, not 18th. And that NOW the slots for panel HOSTS for THIS panel, is full (just so that I wouldn't get a dozen more people sending me info). I won't know if the panel was accepted or not until the 15th.
And just so people don't get confused AGAIN:

THE PAX PANEL SUBMISSION HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED (NOR DENIED) AND I WON'T KNOW FOR SURE UNTIL THE 15TH. I WILL POST THEN IF IT WAS ACCEPTED OR NOT. BUT UNTIL THEN, PLEASE JUST ASSUME IT'S STILL HAPPENING.

gawd...

DOH! My bad for skimming...

MMMM Nice big bold letters are good.

Thanks for correcting and clearing things up on my part.

:)

Soooo.... I have a silk screening machine at home..... And I think it'd be pretty cool if I made limited-edition-PAX-exclusive-405th-only shirts for 405th'ers...

Sooooooo.... if anyone is interested in getting one, I'm only asking for $10 for a shirt (which just covers cost of materials) and I'll bring them down with me to PAX... but the thing is, you gotta 'pre-pay' for it first (via paypal or snail mail), just cause like I said, I don't have the extra money atm to buy the shirts.

So let's just so who likes the idea first before I design up something cool.
And trust me, I'll make these shirts bad arse and totally worth it!

Think of how cool it'd be to see a whole group of 405th's wearing matching shirts and armor at the hopefully accepted panel with a red and blue flag at each side of the table (assuming there's a table at the 'stage' end of the room)!!

Here's some examples here of me just having fun. Imagine what awesomeness I could come up with no laziness and 2 months of time to think of a cool design versus the night before kind of thing!! :D
To quote Portal 2 in a sense: "Think of all the tests!!!! :D :D :D!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back