PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHOTGUN!!

Man, now I'm even more excited for PAX then I was before, I didn't even think it was possible.

This is supremely cool.

On another note, we should organize a series of pre-pax online game nights, amongst those who are going. I don't think I've played halo with any 405thers.

GT: L0rd Daedalus I'll be gone all next week however.

OMG IF ONLY I KNEW ABOUT THIS EARLIER I WOULD TOTALLY BE GOING WITH YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

Is there no other way in? Would anyone like to let me in through a backdoor fire exit or something?!?! I cannot believe I don't know about this thing...........

I don't wholly expect them to really allow us to get in the thing but for it to be used more as a set piece. But since no one has yet called it, I've got dibs on the turret! Mwahahaha!!!

Hahah. awesome find!! Congrats to you guys, I'm sure that'll be getting seen by a LOT of people.

Soooo.... I have a silk screening machine at home..... And I think it'd be pretty cool if I made limited-edition-PAX-exclusive-405th-only shirts for 405th'ers...

Sooooooo.... if anyone is interested in getting one, I'm only asking for $10 for a shirt (which just covers cost of materials) and I'll bring them down with me to PAX... but the thing is, you gotta 'pre-pay' for it first (via paypal or snail mail), just cause like I said, I don't have the extra money atm to buy the shirts.

So let's just so who likes the idea first before I design up something cool.
And trust me, I'll make these shirts bad arse and totally worth it!

Think of how cool it'd be to see a whole group of 405th's wearing matching shirts and armor at the hopefully accepted panel with a red and blue flag at each side of the table (assuming there's a table at the 'stage' end of the room)!!

Here's some examples here of me just having fun. Imagine what awesomeness I could come up with no laziness and 2 months of time to think of a cool design versus the night before kind of thing!! :D
To quote Portal 2 in a sense: "Think of all the tests!!!! :D :D :D!!!"

Thank you to gmflex for being like the only person who saw this I think. XD

To gain more interest in these... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if you want one or are like 99% interested in getting one; order one, and just paid me back ($10) AT pax, don't need to worry about pre paying.... I really think it'd be cool for a handful of us to have some cool halofest pax exclusive shirts.... But I'll pretty much will only do this if I have about the interest of 10 or so people... Printing just 2-3 shirts isn't worth it and costs me more than it's worth. Bulk screening is where it is mang. So lemme know...

I'm thinking some sweet vector art of MC or some spartan (bust shot) that I'll do up, 405th just slightly on top of that (same idea of the R3 shirts), custom name of whatever you want on the back, and a little "I attended Halofest at PAX 2011!" or something on the bottom of the sleeve on the left arm. Thoughts?

Also... I'm very sad to announce at the panel submission was not accepted.... I found out near the beginning on the month and held off telling you guys cause I was pretty bummed about it.... Apparently the schedule is booked full and so yeah.... Longshot and I are trying to get BsAngel to maybe try something on her end, but idk.. I wouldn't hold my breath. :( Sorry guys! I tried!! I just wish I thought of it sooner, that way we would have had a better chance of it being accepted. :(

I still wouldn't mind maybe having a random 405th get-together at some point during the week and we just all talk about armor and whatnot. Just an idea.

I still have not heard back from BSAngel... She did say that the HaloFest crew had to use and go thru the same process as us for pannel submissions. While there is a tiny glimmer of hope, I feel that our chances are close to nil. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with hanging out at the HaloFest area and sharing how we make armor to those who ask.

A random 405th get-together would be spirit lifting and fun! Count me in! :)
FYI: I do have vacation time starting July 24th to July 30th. So anytime during that week would be no problem for me.

I'm thinking some sweet vector art of MC or some spartan (bust shot) that I'll do up, 405th just slightly on top of that (same idea of the R3 shirts), custom name of whatever you want on the back, and a little "I attended Halofest at PAX 2011!" or something on the bottom of the sleeve on the left arm. Thoughts?

That sounds pretty cool to me. I like the idea of Halofest 2011 on the sleeve.

I'm in for a gtg as well. I'm mostly going to PAX for the Halo related activities anyway.

I'm still working on my armor. There is a slim chance I will bring it. So... much... sanding....

I'd like to get in on one of those shirts, Hyo! What you have proposed for the concept sounds great to me. Hopefully we can get some others interested in it.

Very sad to hear that the panel didn't make it, but there will be so much other stuff to do and see, that gap will easily be filled with activities.

A get together would be great, we thinking XBL or maybe a live chat on the 405th UStream? Either would be great, as I've sadly had very little interaction with other members.

Best of luck on the deadline, flex! That sanding may be hard, but it is the most critical. You can do it!!!

Best of luck on the deadline, flex! That sanding may be hard, but it is the most critical. You can do it!!!

I'm making pretty good progress. I've started working on the strapping and I think I have a good handle on everything except the shins. It looks like most people just let them rest on the boots, so that is my plan for now. Seems like I might need a way to keep them from rotating though. I'm open to suggestions there.

I'm making pretty good progress. I've started working on the strapping and I think I have a good handle on everything except the shins. It looks like most people just let them rest on the boots, so that is my plan for now. Seems like I might need a way to keep them from rotating though. I'm open to suggestions there.

Here's what I did with mine, though I didn't have boots at the time so I had nothing for them to rest on.
th_HPIM1036.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back