Pdf Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelbak

Hello to everyone on the 405th forums.

I use a macbook and as everyone knows Pepakura designer is Windows only. Do you know any PDF versions of the pages for Armor? i looked around and found that someone took the basic helmet and made that in to Jpegs which was great. i also found a PDF on how to make the basic Halo 3 helmet but , it's not that detailed. Does anyone know any PDF's on Jpegs with the plans in the .Pdo files? Or is there a program that can support Pepakura files for mac? Let's get honest , i am a 13 year old boy with dreams that has made paper crafts in the past. i just want to know if there are any more PDF documents on Halo armor that any computer can open. To tell you the truth , i really don't want to go through all the $#!T of installing windows on my computer. Nor do i want to fire up my Old Old Old Dell that has been sitting under a bunch of junk for three years. Or at least the helmets. i know most people would never make a bunch of Jpegs of full armor due to scaling but the helmet scale is pretty standard across most heads right? if i do have to big a head it would still look kick ass just on display. My dream would be for someone to post a PDF with the plans needed to make a ODST helmet that would make my world.

I hope someone can help me with this other wis i think the only thing i can make is a Mark V helmet.

Here is the PSF i was talking about.
[attachment=6575:MasterChiefHelmet.pdf]

yeah i had that same problem but i sloved that

Just asked around. I found that spase has adobe so he might be able to help you out

rvb4life said:
you have a macbook? if you have leopard you can dual boot with boot camp.

Well , i don't want to run bootcamp but i found a program called "CrossOver" which allows you to run widows programs on a mac. It's $40 dollars plus the $40 for pepakura but right now i am using both trials. Some people may still want a PDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
michaelbak said:
Well , i don't want to run bootcamp but i found a program called "CrossOver" which allows you to run widows programs on a mac. It's $40 dollars plus the $40 for pepakura but right now i am using both trials. Some people may still want a PDF.
Why pay an extra $40 for CrossOver when you get bootcamp for free with Leopard?

well then again bootcamp is free for any unix os. It just happens that leopard all ready has it on there

yeah im with you crossover nice. I personally went with Parallels so i can run both xp (hell no to vista that why i switched) and tiger (ill be buying the new snow leopard when that hits)

then hey send me a pm im sure i can get you pep for a little cheaper if you want the version 2.

Ral Partha said:
Why pay an extra $40 for CrossOver when you get bootcamp for free with Leopard?

Because , Bootcamp allows you to install windows and i don't think i would want to have to big OS's on my computer. i just don't want to use up all the disk space.

Damn! i've been at it for about a hour and Crossover won't run Pepakura! It let me install it but every time i open it a error message comes up saying "DIB Init Failed" and when i click OK another message comes up saying "Rendering Context Create Failed"!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!

michaelbak said:
If anyone could give me Jpegs of the ODST helmet Pepakura sheets then i would give you many thanks!

Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Would a pdf work or does it need to be jpg? I think I've got both in pdf.

i'd be happy to help you out i have a program that acts as a virtual printer, when i print something, it turns it into a .pdf, just tell me what you want and the scale and i'll be able to help you out, dont be afraid to ask for too much, i know how it feels to want to build something and not be able to due to lack of resources or equipment

egermann04 said:
i'd be happy to help you out i have a program that acts as a virtual printer, when i print something, it turns it into a .pdf, just tell me what you want and the scale and i'll be able to help you out, dont be afraid to ask for too much, i know how it feels to want to build something and not be able to due to lack of resources or equipment

The two things i would like are a ODST helmet and a CQB helmet. If you could give me those and pic of the finished helmet i would be good for life 'till i get the urge to dig out my old Dell and scale up full armor.

yea i gotta go to work right now but i'll be able to do it around 5 pst do you have winrar? so i can just zip the files

egermann04 said:
yea i gotta go to work right now but i'll be able to do it around 5 pst do you have winrar? so i can just zip the files

I don't know if my computer has Winrar but my macbook can open zip files. If it's a zip file with a PDF in it i should be able to open it no problem.

You can edit your last post instead of triple posting as you did. I'm sure that the folks that offered to help are busy and will get them to you as soon as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back