People not being recognised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, they definately deserve ALOT of respect. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be making my armour.

I'm not saying this to ask for a handout....

But yeah after being here a few months, posting a WIP, Completing a project, and posting pics... I'm at a whopping ~30 posts.

I'm sure there are countless individuals that have great insight and talent on producing breathtaking works, maybe they just don't add anything until they feel like they have something worth posting, so you forget about them. Point being, some people don't purposefully try and inflate their post count, they only post when they feel it necessary. And with that idea in mind I'll have to complete at least 2 more projects and/or hang around and post .18 times per day for a few years till I get to 100. I would love to get more feedback on my recently completed project, but I feel like in the next couple of hours it will disappear into the void of the noob forum. Which is of course (as previously stated) selfish, but at the same time great works can be inspiring. I've noticed it rather difficult to find a lot of completed works i've seen before, even really really good ones. :/

We need a compendium post to link all this great stuff, and organize it, which is of course a ton of work for a few admins.

Again, I'm not trying to self serve with any of this, I just thought it might be a good idea to go the extra mile and consolidate a little better. It would make info on a topic much more accessible, and maybe even get people to read before they post.... haha, yeah right, but worth a shot if anyone wants to take the time.

This thread is about to separate issues that people are viewing as one.

If you get recognition that's always a plus, but don't let your lack of recognition stop you from what you enjoy.

Losing your topic to the second page? Well that's inevitable, as the site is an open to the public forum. As much as we wish to be able to recognize everyone, it is fairly difficult to do so. I will be the first to admit that a good majority of things get by me simply because I never go into the Noob forum, and if I on occasion do see something of note, I move it out of the Noob Forum. Forum vets posting their WIP in the Noob forum is a bit of a concern to me. But I just move them to the proper place when I see it.

This isn't the same place it was 3 years ago. There are so MANY more people here now, and "recognition" simply does not come as quick. Your topics wont stay on the front page long if you don't keep up with them, and when your WIP is finished, yes it looks like spam when people just come to tell you its great. That only happens so many times before people lose interest and move on to something new. Honestly, this website is not about recognition, its about building costumes, helping, getting help. Felt you've done something great and it was over looked by one of the older more recognized members, feel free to shoot an email by me, I'll stop in, take a look. You never know, I may learn something from you.

Walter (Spase)

Wally831@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back