Pep AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlpKck

So I've decided to dust off my assault rifle I pepped last year, determined to finish it up. (no pictures atm, posting from iPhone at work.).

The problem I have is a wicked curve towards the middle of the grip and up towards the barrel. I was thinking of bisecting the whole thing lengthwise and then treating it like a helmet(fiberglass, rondo). Does that sound like a good plan?

Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated. I will try to get some pics up after work to elaborate a little bit.

So I've decided to dust off my assault rifle I pepped last year, determined to finish it up. (no pictures atm, posting from iPhone at work.).

The problem I have is a wicked curve towards the middle of the grip and up towards the barrel. I was thinking of bisecting the whole thing lengthwise and then treating it like a helmet(fiberglass, rondo). Does that sound like a good plan?

Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated. I will try to get some pics up after work to elaborate a little bit.

Unless there is a photo, I don't think anyone can help you much. From what you described, the fix is quite simple. First, resin the rile. Then find a discreet area of the rifle and open up a hole. Pour some rondo inside and slush it around. For the warp you can try to put some cardboard over it and resin again. If the warp is not too bad, apply bondo and finish it up.

Unless there is a photo, I don't think anyone can help you much. From what you described, the fix is quite simple. First, resin the rile. Then find a discreet area of the rifle and open up a hole. Pour some rondo inside and slush it around. For the warp you can try to put some cardboard over it and resin again. If the warp is not too bad, apply bondo and finish it up.

That is actually a much simpler solution than mine, thanks man hah.

I will take some pics as soon as I get off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back