Pepakura fiberglass alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creativity4ever

Hi everyone! As some may know, I have made quite a few builds in the past mostly using foam patterns on pepakura designer. I want to try something new and make a build using the old pepakura method that involves using paper patterns and fiberglass resin and such. I was wondering are there any alternative hardening methods for paper patterns? Like paper mache or some other hardener I could use for a future build.

From what I remember reading back in the day... The only solid non-toxic supplement to fiberglass Resin is aqua resin

It's more expensive though.

Of course there have been successful builds with other products like modge podge, it's not going to give you quite the same result.

Fibreglass is way stronger than paper mache or mod podge. Is there a reason you don’t want to use fibreglass?

I dont want to use fiberglass right now because of space issues and I'm not used to sanding things. I guess I could use fiberglass but I'll have to look in the forums for some research.

Unfortunately, no matter what you build you'll have to sand it if you want it to look nice. I'd say foam has the least amount of sanding.

My first ever costume I made is the one I have now and it is fiberglass and Bondo.

You can check out my build thread. Just scroll through until you see Steps or How Tos. I try to document everything, including where I learned how to do stuff.

Hi everyone! As some may know, I have made quite a few builds in the past mostly using foam patterns on pepakura designer. I want to try something new and make a build using the old pepakura method that involves using paper patterns and fiberglass resin and such. I was wondering are there any alternative hardening methods for paper patterns? Like paper mache or some other hardener I could use for a future build.
I used modpodg and then resumed the inside and then the outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back