Pepakura FINISHED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattack64 said:
What did you use to secure the plastic onto the helmet?

Hot glue. But you have to be careful because if you dont let the glue cool of a little bit before you put the plastic on it will kind of warp and melt the plastic. On the other hand wait too long and it will be too cool and wont stick. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Darthcalibar said:
Hot glue. But you have to be careful because if you dont let the glue cool of a little bit before you put the plastic on it will kind of warp and melt the plastic. On the other hand wait too long and it will be too cool and wont stick. :unsure:
Since my helmet is painted... :\... Wouldn't I have to sand down the areas first... Or else wont the paint just chip off and then the piece is missing then... :\

I'm gonna look into that... Where did you get the signs...

Darthcalibar said:
Could you please do a tutorial on this. This is a big change for pep suites. You may have found a great new way to improve the look of most pep suits.

I would try to use cardboard but I don't want to use cardboard on my helmet... :\ Because then you gotta resin the cardboard to the piece after it's glued...

FuncootForever said:
Could you please do a tutorial on this. This is a big change for pep suites. You may have found a great new way to improve the look of most pep suits.
I'll probably try to put together a little something once i get it finished. I didnt take pictures of every step so well just see how the tutorial turns out.

Awsome man when this tut is releasd, im going 2 soup up my old helm! Lol, I cant get over how wasome that is! How long did it take so far?

smilie120 said:
Awsome man when this tut is releasd, im going 2 soup up my old helm! Lol, I cant get over how wasome that is! How long did it take so far?

So far Its taken about 2 or 3 weeks off and on. All together its probably somewhere around 100 hours. I got it all painted today. Ill try to get some pics up soon

Oh and macattack I just got my signs at walmart.

UPDATE!! PICS!!!!
I got it all painted!

IMAG0152.jpg
IMAG0155.jpg
IMAG0153.jpg
IMAG0147.jpg
IMAG0148.jpg
IMAG0146.jpg
IMAG0145.jpg

That just looks amazing... :)

I'm gonna have to get some of those signs... :)

What do you have at the spot for the lights... :\

Thanks Everyone!!

Macattack64 said:
That just looks amazing... :)

I'm gonna have to get some of those signs... :)

What do you have at the spot for the lights... :\

I went to radio shack and got green leds in the holders with built in resistors.

Ok just so i am understanding this process correctly, you made a pep helmet, resin/fiberglassed it, then cut out little pieces of plastic from a for sale sign to add the details?

How did you get the pieces the right size and such after finishing a pep helm? Did you just eyeball the random details? Are the details, under the helmet for instance, just one piece of plastic in thickness, or did you double em up for certain areas?

Is the whole thing covered in plastic, or just certain areas?

Sorry for all the questions but i am just astonished at how good this came out. I have seen other methods of making a smooth pep helm, but most of those involve some sort of putty/glaze which i completely suck at using.

Excellent job. This is top notch work.

Darthcalibar said:
Thanks Everyone!!
I went to radio shack and got green leds in the holders with built in resistors.

Omg! Pure awsomeness! I cant event describe how awsome that is, I bet it looks even better in real life right? Kudos man ur realy insperational to all pep builders :) Keep it up! and do you plan on making anything else?

Defektedtoy said:
Ok just so i am understanding this process correctly, you made a pep helmet, resin/fiberglassed it, then cut out little pieces of plastic from a for sale sign to add the details?

Correct

How did you get the pieces the right size and such after finishing a pep helm? Did you just eyeball the random details? Are the details, under the helmet for instance, just one piece of plastic in thickness, or did you double em up for certain areas?

First i put a piece of paper over the area that i wanted to cut a piece out for and then i traced it on to the paper and used that as a template to cut out the plastic. The only area i doubled up on was the top of the helmet there is kind of that ridge in the middle and i doubled up on each side of that.

Is the whole thing covered in plastic, or just certain areas?
The whole dome/top area has plastic on it... the back part has plastic on it.... Basically just no plastic on the front like mouth part under the visor and no plastic around the edges where you put your head in. Its really hard to explain without pics of what i mean. Just hold on for a bit till I get the tut. up

Sorry for all the questions but i am just astonished at how good this came out. I have seen other methods of making a smooth pep helm, but most of those involve some sort of putty/glaze which i completely suck at using.

I actually used bondo and putty a bit afterwards to fill in seams and make it look all nice and smooth. It still looks really good before using filler too so even if you cant use body filler or putty in my opinion it still looked better then the pep helmet without the plastic on it.

Excellent job. This is top notch work.

Thanks!!!

I'll start work on the tutorial later today, Id try putting something together this morning but im at a buddys house.
Oh and as for making more of the costume... Im really not sure if i will or not. Im really into prop building and stuff and i already have a bunch of nearly completed projects to finish up. Eventually ill probably do the whole suit.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back