Pepakura Halo Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendude said:
HG the Vehicles that I make I try to keep them at around 20-30 cm high if that helps if you would ike one to be scaled for a figure I don't know what the figure size is in height but I can easily re-scale them for you.

Uh, I don't know what 20-30 cm would be in inches. XD I REALLY suck at math and a few people might know this by now! lol XD But my figures are roughly 5 inches tall. They are the McFarlane H3 figures. :) You could even just figure out what size I would need to make them and then tell me and I can just write it down with my collection of other written notes.

But then again, I use pepakura v3 and that works with mm, not cm. :eek So I would need to know the size for the height in mm. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
ForgedReclaimer said:
such model or even pictures don't exist do they? i was working on the mid summer night (also rubble and Hesiod) but without any ref to what it looked like i was going by what they talked about and the ships we already had seen, although i only completed Hesiod and never really started the night. if anyone had ref or even a clue to what this ship might look like i might re-open the old folder.

Well, exactly. I just assume because she's a Frigate, she's pretty much the same thing. Says she's been stealthed by ONI, so I guess there must be some subtle differences. I couldn't say what, though. Perhaps, you can look at the ship from The Package to get an idea of how a stealth ship looks? As for Hesiod and the Rubble, that was just... I wouldn't even have tried.

Goddess, a millimeter is a tenth of a centimeter. Roughly 28-30 centimeters are in a foot.

1mm=1/10 cm

1in~2.5 cm

Basically, what he's saying is that he keeps them all around a foot high.

SchizophrenicMC said:
Well, exactly. I just assume because she's a Frigate, she's pretty much the same thing. Says she's been stealthed by ONI, so I guess there must be some subtle differences. I couldn't say what, though. Perhaps, you can look at the ship from The Package to get an idea of how a stealth ship looks? As for Hesiod and the Rubble, that was just... I wouldn't even have tried.

since the midsummer night was also older than the ships seen in halo 3 or even 2 i was trying to get it a bit older looking. i also tried to streamline it by making it a bit more simple because as i remember the night wasn't as capable as a standard frigate in the way of armaments and so on, so i thought removing structure and some shapes might help the project but it just went nuts.

at least with rubble and Hesiod we got some pictures. Hesoid

SchizophrenicMC said:

Goddess, a millimeter is a tenth of a centimeter. Roughly 28-30 centimeters are in a foot.

1mm=1/10 cm

1in~2.5 cm

Basically, what he's saying is that he keeps them all around a foot high.

Exactly and with you saying the figure is about 5 inches HG I would suggest making the Banshee around 9 inches not sure about the other ones and I did the math for the height of the banshee to figure equivalent in my head.

ForgedReclaimer said:
since the midsummer night was also older than the ships seen in halo 3 or even 2 i was trying to get it a bit older looking. i also tried to streamline it by making it a bit more simple because as i remember the night wasn't as capable as a standard frigate in the way of armaments and so on, so i thought removing structure and some shapes might help the project but it just went nuts.

at least with rubble and Hesiod we got some pictures. Hesoid

Well, the Night was fresh off the line when she was depicted, albeit she was made 17 years before Halo CE. The only real way to make it look older-looking would be to shave some bits off that look like they were grafted on, circa Halo 2 and 3.

You might remove most of the Archer pods, and a few of the CIWS turrets (Not like the latter would show up at small scale, anyway), and shorten the protrusion on the underbelly. (Where the hangar bay is) However, I recall her being somewhat faster than a normal Frigate, so you might beef up the engines a bit.

While I'm thinking of it, I made a Lego Frigate once upon a time, in Lego Digital Designer.

Here she is:

LDDScreenShot38.png

Keep in mind, I was barely 13 when I made that. Also, the angle sucks.

that's what i was thinking to,well, some of it lol. all this about the night makes me want to restart the project but the spirit of fire is taking the precedence over her.

this was all i did of her, just look for the gray front end of the frigate. Cr@p Files

Yeah, let the Spirit take precedence. There's probably a Frigate model somewhere I can take and put into pep. It's a definite start, you know.

From there, I could figure out a few things and whatnot.

Even your "crap" files look way better than anything I've ever attempted, dude. Good work.

Sorry for the bump guys, but is it possible to have some downsized vehicles? I mean i'm doing some halo 15mm conversions (minis).

I've downloaded the 1/450 pelican, but it's really too small...

15mm is approx 1/100 scale, so is there anyone who could help me? thanks! :)

yeah, the original thread was started in 2009.
the two post above are asking the same thing
and the post before those was in 2010, a full year earlier

this is what we call necro-posting.
reason for the links not working is the thread is not likely to have updated since 2010 or earlier.
plus with the forum transition, i'm not surprised the links don't work

also the OP is Nintendude, who has decided that he's fed up with so many requests that he's taken down ALL of his files.

hope this answers your question
try to avoid necro-posting in future
and welcome to 405th

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back