Pepakura Mannequin (Pic Heavy And Unfolded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What format are they in? Pep or .obj or something of the sort? I'm asking because I'm at work and I can't download them for quite a few hours.

obj I haven't done pep I did these models in 15 minutes but soulesssin should be able to unfold the ones you want to unfold.

@Vamp

Just looked your multiple Mannequin Models and they look great :D

But I'll end up doing unfolds on a request.

Yeah I'm just waiting on Vamp I sent him all my measurements just waiting on him to get back to me as well as seeing what other poses where available.

The confrontation dummy pdo is close to what I'm after except that the shoulders are sloping slighty to one side

I've been studying your unfold and I'm going to unfold it close to how you have done once I've got mine sorted and unfolded I'll be happy to help out with the unfolds for other people take somke of the pressure off of you lol

Oh I see. Well thanks for helping me out :D

But making a full size mannequin takes up about 130-150 pages of cardstock depending on the height.

So I don't know how much attention it will get.

Yeah I've seen lol ...I'm not worried I get my card stock pretty cheap 500 sheets of 220lbs A4 for £6.50 and once I'm done peping and glassing it I'm going to make copies of it for my current suits and future projects so for me its worth while doing.

Also if I can get the right pose it will come in handy for sculpting some pieces.

Trust me its a heck of a lot cheaper than using for example smooth-on's body double and plaster outershell.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Haha I see. Looks pretty complicated.

Though my parents are pushing me to buy an actual mannequin instead.

I just want to add: What a GREAT FREAKING IDEA you guys!!! I think I'll start one when I finish my armor. Thanks!

If you can find one cheap enough and the right dimensions sure buy one if its just for storing your armour on for display. But if its also for assisting you measuring your armour then you wil want to make your own.

Yeah the head-cast was alot of fun (NOT) normally it takes two people to do a headcast with experience. I just had my girlfriend with no experience.

I gave her all the instructions I could but once the silicone was on my mouth she was on her own.

Should have taken aprox 2 hours start to end. Took over 8 hours. Imagine that sat there unable to move and controlling your breathing with your eye's closed whilst encased in silicone rubber and 2.5inch wall of plaster bandages for 8 hours...no fun at all.

Now imagine doing the same again stood upright unable to move and controlling your breathing. Also as the plaster cures it first heats up then cools down and starts to draw heat from the closest heat source...that being you.

Now your freezing cold but have to somehow controll your body not to shake with the cold.

Hence I'm wanting to pep my own dummy :rolleyes

Thought I'd better edit this post slightly.

"WARNING!!!! DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED PEOPLE ASSISTING YOU!!....ALSO DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT JUST GO POURING ANY OLD SILICONE OVER YOUR HEAD. Most silicones are not skin safe when they are curing and can get pretty hot as well as have some nasty re-actions.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!"

well its like this 130 pages may be a lot of cutting and folding but mine is halfway done and I started yesterday and like carnage said making a copy or to from making a mold isn't a bad idea so I am going to continue on mine.

anyway I have to glue the shoulder on then will post another pic in a bit, my suggestion is don't make any folds just keep gluing the tabs and it will come out much smoother.

Vamp if you set the threshold to 150 then go over a few of the edges with the edit tool and smooth them this will also help

That's pretty awesome mate. I'd love to have another "skeleton" in the closet lol.

Actually these should be pretty useful to the people who model armor for others. I'll try one once I get more cardstock.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back