Pepakura/Model Requests: Second Edition

Anyone know/have a 3D printable set of armor for the Reach Mk V - Standard? The armory has the full armor in PDO files, but I can't use those for 3D printing. Thanks!
I would look at Moe's stuff on thingiverse. He has complete sets of Noble team.

Most of the Reach Standard Armor can be pieced together from the noble team I made printable here: moesizzlac's Thingiverse Profile

Is there anything else in particular you are looking for?
I would look at Moe's stuff on thingiverse. He has complete sets of Noble team.

Is the Mk. V armor just the standard reach armor plus the Mk. V helmet? I thought it was more than that?

I noticed the thighs on the Nobel 6 you mentioned that they weren't fitting properly. Was that fixed on the other Nobel models?

I have a slightly different request. I have a Pepakura model of the female reach chest piece because the female chest in the armory isn't the actual female chest. It's not shaped/curved the same way, and the male chest is giving me issues fitting right. The issue is Pepakura models by nature are polygonal. I'm trying to fix up the model, but I'm having difficulties making it right for 3D printing, as I don't do a whole lot with 3D model editing. Is anyone able and willing to do me a huge favor (and everyone else looking for something like this), and fix this model up for 3D printing? I've spent the few days trying to find a model, and toying around in blender/3D editing programs without much progress... Thanks!

Attachments

• Reach Female Torso.zip
    271.1 KB · Views: 430
I have a slightly different request. I have a Pepakura model of the female reach chest piece because the female chest in the armory isn't the actual female chest. It's not shaped/curved the same way, and the male chest is giving me issues fitting right. The issue is Pepakura models by nature are polygonal. I'm trying to fix up the model, but I'm having difficulties making it right for 3D printing, as I don't do a whole lot with 3D model editing. Is anyone able and willing to do me a huge favor (and everyone else looking for something like this), and fix this model up for 3D printing? I've spent the few days trying to find a model, and toying around in blender/3D editing programs without much progress... Thanks!

Kat (Halo Reach - Noble 2 - Kat - Catherine-B320 - Mark 5 armor set including Helmet by moesizzlac) has an almost identical chest piece with the exception of the lower middle front section. I can work that as a separate print piece to print if you like...or just use Kat's chest as is. let me know.

Kat (Halo Reach - Noble 2 - Kat - Catherine-B320 - Mark 5 armor set including Helmet by moesizzlac) has an almost identical chest piece with the exception of the lower middle front section.
Identical, however there are differences that make Kat's chest not fitting properly for me. I've scaled both the Kat chest and the pepakura chest I found and compared the differences. (Layered on top is both of the chests clipping though each other, displaying in the same spot)

Back of the chest:
Layered on top------Kat------------Pepakura
back_layered.png back_kat.png back_pepakura.png

Front of the chest:
front_layered.png front_kat.png front_pepakura.png

Side of the chest:
side_layered.png side_kat.png side_pepakura.png

And here's the main issue for the back of the chest:
back_problem_layered.png back_problem_kat.png back_problem_pepakura.png

And now the main issue for the front of the chest:
front_problem_layered.png front_problem_kat.png front_problem_pepakura.png

The big thing, is the sides of the Kat chest cut into my body, and if I make the chest wider it appears way too big. That's the same issue with the front and back of the chest, because if I try to add the bottom part for the front of the chest, I'll have to extend the chest a bit further making it look incorrect. Trying to use the male chest just is not really an optimal fitting.

But the main issue right now, is that it looks as if the Male chest somehow got mixed in and replaced the female chest, because the pdo file in the the armory for the female Mk V appears to be the male chest, as well as your thingyverse files for Kat

Last edited:
Sleeves please :)

And might I say you are doing a gods work my lad. Thanks so much!

Edit: If both sleeves and no sleeves are edited, and it's not any extra work, both versions would be great

I added them to Kat's profile. Look for Moe Sizzlac - Halo Reach Torso - Female - No Sleeves V2 and Moe Sizzlac - Halo Reach Torso - Female - With Sleeves V2

If you need any changes, let me know.

I added them to Kat's profile. Look for Moe Sizzlac - Halo Reach Torso - Female - No Sleeves V2 and Moe Sizzlac - Halo Reach Torso - Female - With Sleeves V2

If you need any changes, let me know.

Awesome, I appreciate it! I'll check it out in a few hours once I'm able.

Also I have a question: was I just being insane, or was there really a significant difference between the old chest and the new chest? Because I looked on the 405th armory, your posts on Thingyverse, and other main places to look for the female models, but all of them seemingly were the male chest

I happened to find this old thread from 2012 or something that was the only place that had the actual female chest pep file

Thanks so much!
You are welcome.

Also I have a question: was I just being insane, or was there really a significant difference between the old chest and the new chest? Because I looked on the 405th armory, your posts on Thingyverse, and other main places to look for the female models, but all of them seemingly were the male chest

I don't know. The game asset looks even different from the 2 I posted so you got me.

Game Asset:

Untitled.jpg

Hello 405th,
I have a challenge for anyone willing to take on the task.

I found an old thumb drive of mine that has asset rips of the Reach ODST (I also have the reach Marine if anyone is interested) in the obj format. I have very little understanding of how to 3d model and i require some help. I am trying to get Accurate 3d models of the complete suit to 3d print based off of the actual in game assets. . There is a TON of detail work as these assets are the base shape and the detail came from the overlapping textures in game. Basically keep the same dimensions but smooth and detail the files. I don't know if it is even possible to build off of these OBJ files, perhaps someone with modeling experience could tell me.

Hello 405th,
I have a challenge for anyone willing to take on the task.

I found an old thumb drive of mine that has asset rips of the Reach ODST (I also have the reach Marine if anyone is interested) in the obj format. I have very little understanding of how to 3d model and i require some help. I am trying to get Accurate 3d models of the complete suit to 3d print based off of the actual in game assets. . There is a TON of detail work as these assets are the base shape and the detail came from the overlapping textures in game. Basically keep the same dimensions but smooth and detail the files. I don't know if it is even possible to build off of these OBJ files, perhaps someone with modeling experience could tell me.

I have most of those assets made already. give me a few days to put something together and take a look at it. If you like it, you can use it. It will not be ultra high definition.

Edit: Just an FYI, I don't see any bicep or shoulder armor.

Last edited:
I have most of those assets made already. give me a few days to put something together and take a look at it. If you like it, you can use it. It will not be ultra high definition.

Edit: Just an FYI, I don't see any bicep or shoulder armor.
I Didn't include the bicep or forearm because I had recently found the amazing STL files made by you. They are extremely accurate. Luckily halo 3 ODST forearms and biceps/ shoulders are the exact same used in halo reach.

Also HUGE thank you for looking into this. I see that you have a lot on your hands at the moment.

I Didn't include the bicep or forearm because I had recently found the amazing STL files made by you. They are extremely accurate. Luckily halo 3 ODST forearms and biceps/ shoulders are the exact same used in halo reach.

Also HUGE thank you for looking into this. I see that you have a lot on your hands at the moment.

I added the files to my Halo 3 ODST Thingiverse.

So if I were you, I'd take a look at this: Halo Reach and Halo 3 ODST - Rookie - Full Armor Set - Modified for Cosplay by moesizzlac

Get all the files that have the word Reach in them (chest, back spine, thigh, abs and shin). I would also pick and choose the other files to finish off the set like the helmet, shoulder, bicep etc. The helmet was almost identical to the one you provided so I left it alone. You should definitely resize everything to your body. That Reach ODST chest piece seems like it may be a little tight. I tried to keep the interior rounded so that it doesn't dig into your body when wearing it.

Enjoy

I added the files to my Halo 3 ODST Thingiverse.

So if I were you, I'd take a look at this: Halo Reach and Halo 3 ODST - Rookie - Full Armor Set - Modified for Cosplay by moesizzlac

Get all the files that have the word Reach in them (chest, back spine, thigh, abs and shin). I would also pick and choose the other files to finish off the set like the helmet, shoulder, bicep etc. The helmet was almost identical to the one you provided so I left it alone. You should definitely resize everything to your body. That Reach ODST chest piece seems like it may be a little tight. I tried to keep the interior rounded so that it doesn't dig into your body when wearing it.

Enjoy

Brother im going to have to call the cops, because you just killed it! These are incredible. I'll get these printed out ASAP. I cant thank you enough.

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back