Pepakura/Model Requests: Second Edition

I added them to Kat's profile. Look for Moe Sizzlac - Halo Reach Torso - Female - No Sleeves V2 and Moe Sizzlac - Halo Reach Torso - Female - With Sleeves V2

Before you fixed the model, I was fiddling with the pepakura file with someone else trying to smooth the polygons. With what we were doing, we smoothed it out, but it also rounded the angles as well which ruined the look of it. He asks, "What you did to fix/smooth the model in blender?"

Last edited:
Before you fixed the model, I was fiddling with the pepakura file with someone else trying to smooth the polygons. With what we were doing, we smoothed it out, but it also rounded the angles as well which ruined the look of it. He asks, "What you did to fix/smooth the model in blender?"

If you are working in Blender, you need to set certain edges to have a crease.

Untitled.jpg

After all the edges have a crease, then apply a subdivision surface. Those edges that you want to keep creased will stay creased.

Just a note, there's also the bevel smoothing route IMO looks a little neater than creases sometimes, and is a little easier on the curves.

It uses the bevel modifier set on weight and making the edges you want sharp to 1

the subdivision surface modifier should be active.

Attachments

• tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Most of the Reach Standard Armor can be pieced together from the noble team I made printable here: moesizzlac's Thingiverse Profile

Is there anything else in particular you are looking for?
Thanks for all your work. I am in the beginning stages of researching all this stuff. My main question for you is what 3D printer do you use? 2nd question is if a certain part is too big to print, what do you do? Do you use the software to cut it in half?

Thanks for all your work. I am in the beginning stages of researching all this stuff. My main question for you is what 3D printer do you use? 2nd question is if a certain part is too big to print, what do you do? Do you use the software to cut it in half?

I use a Makergear M2 but there are bigger and cheaper printers out there now. I'm not 100% sure but I think if I were to buy one today, I'd go with Creality cr-10.

My Makergear M2 is a beast and has put out some quality work so I can't complain over the smaller build volume. I'm actually not too happy when builds go beyond 15 hours because It gives more of a chance of a problem (power outage, ect). I also have my printer hooked up to a raspberry pi running octopi and a UPS power supply in case of a power surge or drop.

The only thing I would love extra is a filament run out sensor that keeps the bed heated but awaits you putting in the next spool. I have about 3 spools that are left over from previous prints that I can't use on anything significant because they are too small.

As for your 2nd question, I'll just cut and paste what I said on another post:

Dividing a piece depends entirely on your build plate and how much filament you are willing to part with. If you are getting into 3d Printing, I would highly recommend picking a program and learning how to split a file. Youtube (dividing stl files - YouTube) has a lot of tutorials. I use blender to split my files (
).

If you hit a wall with the splitting, just let me know and I'll split one up for you. Just need the exact dimensions of your build plate.

The best thing to do when minimizing filament usage is to make sure things are as vertical as possible with as little reaching over 45 degree angles.

Let me know if you need help.

Anyone got any Didact files?
I found some gauntlets and the chest in some years old thread and I'm doing him helmetless so the helmet in The Armoury isn't much help. All the other links I've found have been dead :/ (the program is Armoursmith designer for anyone who asks)
1577103094325.png

I almost made a post about it, but thankfully I took the time to look around and found this thread. I plan on making my own armor primarily through 3D printing. I'm trying to piece together what I can from what people have already made, but it's tricky as I am sure many of you know.

I'm looking for a 3d model/STL/ready to print of the "HP/Halo" Chest piece from Halo Reach. As far as I could see it's not in the armory and it's very hard to narrow down in search because of it's generic name that ties into everything else Halo related.

Here is a link to the Halopedia page. Its the first one on the top

I have added a photo of my desired armor loadout that I am working on with the proper chest armor. And heck, even the little action figure I painted a long time ago.

I dont know if it's something that could just be an Add-on to the standard Reach chest piece that MoeSizzlac has put together, or if it needs to be it's own full 3D model. The Chest piece comes with a knife in sheath on the top of the left chest, and a grenade launcher ammo belt. I would prefer to 3D print all of these parts, but I am sure there are some work arounds for the knife and scabbard. I own a Grenade Launcher for Airsoft, and could easily adjust some of those grenades to fit, they would probably look really good too.

Anyways, thanks for your time. VanityArmorLoader.pngTgaPJ.jpg

I almost made a post about it, but thankfully I took the time to look around and found this thread. I plan on making my own armor primarily through 3D printing. I'm trying to piece together what I can from what people have already made, but it's tricky as I am sure many of you know.

I'm looking for a 3d model/STL/ready to print of the "HP/Halo" Chest piece from Halo Reach. As far as I could see it's not in the armory and it's very hard to narrow down in search because of it's generic name that ties into everything else Halo related.

I have added a photo of my desired armor loadout that I am working on with the proper chest armor. And heck, even the little action figure I painted a long time ago.

I dont know if it's something that could just be an Add-on to the standard Reach chest piece that MoeSizzlac has put together, or if it needs to be it's own full 3D model. The Chest piece comes with a knife in sheath on the top of the left chest, and a grenade launcher ammo belt. I would prefer to 3D print all of these parts, but I am sure there are some work arounds for the knife and scabbard. I own a Grenade Launcher for Airsoft, and could easily adjust some of those grenades to fit, they would probably look really good too.

Anyways, thanks for your time. View attachment 287545View attachment 287546

Most of this stuff you can piece together from what I made already. If you like, I can make the chest piece an add on to noble 1's chest. It wouldn't take me too long. Let me know.

Anyways, thanks for your time. View attachment 287545View attachment 287546

I also have a huge chunk of in-game models. Here's a link to my post with all, if not most of the reach models in OBJ format attached in a Zip file. For 3D printing you'll likely want to do retopology, and make those models more high resolution. That can be done a few different ways, one of which is increasing the number of polygons and manually smoothing out the model where needed in blender

Here's my post: Grabbing Halo: Reach PC Assets and Importing into Blender

Most of this stuff you can piece together from what I made already. If you like, I can make the chest piece an add on to noble 1's chest. It wouldn't take me too long. Let me know.
Oh for sure, I downloaded your Noble Six and ODST Rookie collection and that already finished 90% of what I need. Would it be too much to ask if you could merge this piece I'm looking for with the standard chest piece you have already made? It would cut back on the amount of material I have to print. Also, I'll take a look after posting this but I get the feeling your Emile collection has the grenade belt I am looking for too.

I also have a huge chunk of in-game models. Here's a link to my post with all, if not most of the reach models in OBJ format attached in a Zip file. For 3D printing you'll likely want to do retopology, and make those models more high resolution. That can be done a few different ways, one of which is increasing the number of polygons and manually smoothing out the model where needed in blender

Here's my post: Grabbing Halo: Reach PC Assets and Importing into Blender

I'll take a look and see if there is anything else I might want/need. Thanks!

Question for all, am I too picky or are the Spartan ODST shoulder pads from Reach different from every other variation of the Halo series? I grabbed like 3 different 3D models people have made that were not specifically from Reach and they dont seem quite right.

Oh for sure, I downloaded your Noble Six and ODST Rookie collection and that already finished 90% of what I need. Would it be too much to ask if you could merge this piece I'm looking for with the standard chest piece you have already made? It would cut back on the amount of material I have to print. Also, I'll take a look after posting this but I get the feeling your Emile collection has the grenade belt I am looking for too.

This look ok?
1585699315116.png

Also, as far as Emile, I just have grenades made. No belt per say. Figured that would be something more for the fabric side of construction.

This look ok?

Also, as far as Emile, I just have grenades made. No belt per say. Figured that would be something more for the fabric side of construction.

Yeah man that looks great.

I have some airsoft grenades I will use, and sew up a belt/bandolier assembly for myself, it will look really good and save some time on printing.

Yeah man that looks great.

I have some airsoft grenades I will use, and sew up a belt/bandolier assembly for myself, it will look really good and save some time on printing.

See attached:

See attached:

Thanks so much, this is great.

I noticed that this lower chest piece is missing, I did what I could with my limited skills and tools, and also your Noble Six chest to try and merge the two together. If you feel like adding that in, go for it. I should be able to get by with this. Cheers!

LowerChest Piece.png

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back