Pepakura Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark D3s7r0y3r

I am a complete newbie to any of this, and am thinking on making a Pepakura ODST suit to start out with. I still need to get the materials needed in order to even start on a suit, but I'm also exploring possibilities into creating one. For example, would clay be a practical use in Pepakura? I'd think that it'd be easier to work with clay, as it can be formed and shaped easily, but again, I have absolutely zero experience in all this, so I very well may be wrong.
Any tips or insights into using pepakura or a link to where I should look for information regarding this topic would be much appreciated.

You are about to get flamed for not reading anything on the site.

Using clay is more expensive then pep because you have to make molds and the make casts. pep is better for a fist time starter.

I apologize if I am looking in the wrong place. I have only looked at the introduction video and read the titles of each forum, so I had assumed I should start here.
Also, I am curious as to what you mean by "that" Toacrabman. Do you mean Pepakura?

Also you can not do pepakura with clay. If you knew what that was you would see how dumb that sounded.

There have been people who used clay on top of a pepakura base, so it doesn't sound as dumb as you think it does.

Some people have also achieved great results with clay alone and I wouldn't rule the material out so easily - if you have experience and like to work with it, it's a viable alternative. The problem is that the clay model does not become wearable at any time, while the paper model does, which means more work and a lot more cost.

You can build a pep helmet (tabs on the outside), then slushcast "muddy" clay (watered down clay) into it. Let it harden a bit, peel off the cardstock, then refine the details, add more greebles with clay, etc. Make a mold and then cast. Much easier than sculpting from scratch and you don't have to worry so much about symmetry. There are a couple of threads using this technique but I'm too lazy to search for them.

But you cant put clay in a printer and do pepakura with it, you can either use pep as a template and harden it with clay, or just use it with clay. Its not that clay wont work (yes ive seen all of those threads) its that you cant use clay instead of paper for the pep.

Now you made yourself look dumb, and then you made that other guy look dumb.......... I also still think the first post was dumb, but i think he gets it now so stop being dumb.

I said dumb alot....

flame thrower is sparked.....

READ THE STICKES ON PEPAKURA AND MATERIALS AND PLEASE DONT F@&% UP A PRINTER
OR
gruntchainsawsmall3zy2pm.jpg

lol welcome to the forums have a nice stay

sonic

But you cant put clay in a printer and do pepakura with it, you can either use pep as a template and harden it with clay, or just use it with clay. Its not that clay wont work (yes ive seen all of those threads) its that you cant use clay instead of paper for the pep.

Now you made yourself look dumb, and then you made that other guy look dumb.......... I also still think the first post was dumb, but i think he gets it now so stop being dumb.

I said dumb alot....

Saying I'm dumb just got you reported. Enjoy.

I'm not really concerned with this thread anymore, as I know I should have posted in the "Help!" stickies in the first place now.

But what I meant by "clay being a practical use in Pepakura" was if it would be wise to add clay to a finished Pepakura model.

To think that someone would even consider the thought of putting clay in a printer is just horrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back