Pepping Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
spartan-005 said:
looking good so far man keep it up.which ma5c file did u use.

I used the FS pep File for the AR

Also i finished the chest piece, only in SD tho

Sized at 72 instead on 86 its a little small, might upgrade to 80 or 82

Last edited by a moderator:
OK the weather is a bit naff and its been 3 days and my helmet and rifle is still tacky, pictures up soon

in the meantime heres my underarmour i bought

Tog24 Climbers Back Protector

and a Padded Rugby Tshirt

Ok I havent been online for ages, I pretty much pepped everything but it was all SD and some were underscaled and over scaled , utter chaos.

I put the pieces on a maniquin but one day i had enough of seeing the SD pieces and i destroyed them all and binned them.

Anyways this made me want to make everything again in HD, I did however save the AR and Helmet, since then ive tried at using Resin and Rondo and this is whagt i have done

This is them resined and quite pink lol, too much hardener i guess

And after a friend told me of this method i put Rondo on the inside. Unfortunatly it used alot of Bondo so i decided to do the one coat of rondo and glass the inside as a final measure

Next step is to bondo the outside

Hope it turns out ok

Hey, looks like your progress is coming along nicely! You've got a good start on your AR too! I need to get working on my carbine!

I too used the rondo method on the inside of my helmet and loved it.

Looks like you have a lot of sanding ahead of you. Just some tips that I had to learn the hard way. It looks like from your second pic that some of the resin was drizzling down before it cured. I did that on my first helmet and totally screwed it up. It was really hardened but when I went to sand off the excess resin, I actually broke part of my helmet.( I was probably going to fast).

I find it best to go in lighter coats, and have 2-3 layers of resin. My second helmet turned out much better, going with lighter coats. :)

Frozensnot said:
Hey, looks like your progress is coming along nicely! You've got a good start on your AR too! I need to get working on my carbine!

I too used the rondo method on the inside of my helmet and loved it.

Looks like you have a lot of sanding ahead of you. Just some tips that I had to learn the hard way. It looks like from your second pic that some of the resin was drizzling down before it cured. I did that on my first helmet and totally screwed it up. It was really hardened but when I went to sand off the excess resin, I actually broke part of my helmet.( I was probably going to fast).

I find it best to go in lighter coats, and have 2-3 layers of resin. My second helmet turned out much better, going with lighter coats. :)

Yea My first attempt didnt cure properly, second was a panic attempt because i had a little faith in saving the piece. I was well impressed when it cured and it was very hard, the rondo made it harder and now the fibreglass better make it even more tougher.

as in sanding yea its gonna suck, i got a cheapy dremel knockoff so ill use that to trim off the drippy bits.

And now have run out of Resin so no more resin coats, i just hope the rondo and fibreglass will make it strong enough. Bondo time next hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back