Pepping Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syke360

Hello , Good day, Sup,

Like most people I'm new here and wish to show you all my progress with the Halo 1 Marines helmet I have been working on. Pep by GARLAND

Decided to do this one first due to the beginner status that I am, unfortunately due to my eagerness and impatience i decided to work with 170 GSM semi Glossy paper. and come crappy CopyDex crafting glue. (I have a glue gun and 200 GSM card on order from eBay for the rest)

I managed to complete the helmet, with

a few tiny errors (mis-alignment etc.. etc..).

As seen here.

Thanks to WelshWarrior for his help in getting started and tips given :)

Looks great for a first pep piece. Mine wasn't nearly as good looking as that ( :p) When you move on to higher-definition pieces, though, I wouldn't recommend using hot glue (atleast, from personal experience I wouldn't). Not sure if they sell Elmer's in the UK, but any multipurpose/school glue spread on tabs with a toothpick works beautifully (although it takes a bit longer ;) )

And don't worry about experience too much. As long as you take your time and don't rush through (and glue tabs accurately), you can finish the most difficult pepakura pieces on your first try.

Good luck on your armor build.

Ok Update on my WIP.

Still waiting on my Respirator to arrive in post ( Flipping postal Strike) so no fibreglassing on my Marine helmet, In the meantime i have been pepping some handplates while at work.... Cool nightshift :)

Heres the left one completed pep

I have found that this stuff works the best. And for some reason the scale on the handplates is way too big. I think I cut mine down by 50%, which is probably a little too small, but it works for me.

Glad to see the H1 Marines still get a little love.

Garland said:
I have found that this stuff works the best.

I would recommend buying some Acetone if you plan to use superglue. Once the stuff binds your fingers to something, it's not letting go without taking a chunk of skin with it. Acetone will dissolve it if that ever happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
currently using hot glue for the big tabs, its very nifty due to the quick set but can be a pain in the backside if it sets before i position the piece.

At time of writing i completed the Right Hand Plate.

Its still at a silly size, but hope it will look better with gloves attached etc. etc..

Next Pep is Assault Rifle....Think ill need to order more Resin the way im pepping stuff at this pace.

hey cheers for the mention :p

The helmet looks great and the handplates look like a really clean pep, unlucky bout the sizing tho mate. Cant wait to see more i'll be watching this thread :)

Thank you all for the tips so far.

I have come to give yall an update on my creations...

So the Marine helmet is Peped, the Hand Plates will need re-peping to scale and ill probably upgrade it to the HD version.

Whilst still waiting on products to enable me to resin stuff to arrive by post I have started pepping the MC Helmet.

To Start I needed print outs (Started Cutting about 20:30),

Then I sustained some Scissor injuries, alot of cutting equals sore hands,

Then a bag of cutting read yo be folded,(Started Folding around 1am)

Update : heres a Progress picture

And 8 hours Later - completed

And its bliming too big, I seriously need to look into scaling my peps before printing lol.

I looked like a flipping Bobble Head.

HD HandPlates

[/URL

I've started again on my Mark VI due to scaling issues. But this time ive upgraded to the HD pieces, Geez these take alot of time to do lol.

heres my progress on the Helmet, also doing the shoulder pieces while in work.

Thanks to Flying Squirrel for the great helm and thanks for soaking all my time up :)

Wow!! Your peps look very nice! And yeah, curse HD for taking such a long time! The max I've spent cutting, folding, gluing an HD piece was 12 hours on one piece and it wasn't even the helmet or torso... vs the 30minute-1hour---probably even less for a low def. XD Oh well, at least it's all worth it at the end and the feeling of accomplishment cannot be described. @__@

ANYHOW, keep it up, can't wait to see more updates and that HD helmet being done. Hopefully it's not too big this time!

Looking really good mate, wow you can pep good :D . The scale looks pretty good and i hope the shoulder you do comes out that good. Keep it up an I look forward to seeing more.

vil Evil HD Pieces, lol

Completed the Pep on the Left Bicep this morning.

Doing the right side later, need a break from the HD pieces and doing the Thighs and Shins next since they are SD (Cant Locate the HD ones).

and heres the left shin piece

ok I finally completed the HD Helm by Flying Squirrel, took lots of time, missing the visor and one or two little pieces. but apart from that its all good. Might need trimming as its tight on the ears to put on and off.

Also notice I attempted to put in the parts for the lights but it was fiddly and I ended up messing it up slightly so that's for another time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back