$$$Peter Jackson$$$

Could Peter Jacksons bad reputation kill the Halo movie?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Yet another news story suggesting that Peter Jacksons career is falling apart because of his greed with movie companies...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/...reut/index.html

"I don't care about Peter Jackson anymore," Shaye said. "He wants to have another $100 million or $50 million, whatever he's suing us for. He doesn't want to sit down and talk about it. He thinks that we owe him something after we've paid him over a quarter of a billion dollars. ..."

- New Line Cinema Co-Charman Bob Shaye
I really hope that Bungie didn't hitch themselves to a sinking ship... :bye2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam

Community Founder
Hey, peter jackson earned that money. Its owed to him in the contract... yeah, PJ has millions and millions. But Dude needs to get paid.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Adam: agreed, he should be paid.

I realized after reading a little more that this is money that New Line contractually owes to Peter Jackson, and they're trying to shortchange him because they've already paid him so much.

I guess I just worry that he's doing damage to his reputation by making enemies of New Line...and actually he sounds like the more reasonable person...

Adam

Community Founder
tough decision as what to really do.

I mean, if you won a $100 million dollar lotto and when they were going pay you they said "you know, that's a who lot of money, I think we'll just give you $50 million, don't be so greedy".

Wouldn't you want the other $50 million? I would.

However, he could have made up his cadrillion dollars by directing the Hobbit. No chance of that now.