Petition to build a statue of the Chief in front of The White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
John 117 statue, are you kidding me, OMG EVERYONE DO THIS THIS WILL BE SO EPIC!!!
I only wish I was an American resident ;(

Like it would happen even if the required signatures were there....... - may I direct your attention to some other petitions.....

The one from states "wanting to succeed"

The one stating that all those that want to succeed should be deported

The one stating that his (author of petition) birthday should be a Federal Holiday......

Signed anyways :p

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

Am I the only one that thinks this is... weird?

No, you are not alone. I for one disagree (no hate mail please). White House is supposed to represent us Americans in good light, of peace. Imagine a big statue of Master Chief holding a gun in the lawn. That sends a wrong message to the world. War mongers, who use fantasy to represent our beliefs. Using Iwo Jima soldiers to represent our courage is better choice.

Just IMO.

No, you are not alone. I for one disagree (no hate mail please). White House is supposed to represent us Americans in good light, of peace. Imagine a big statue of Master Chief holding a gun in the lawn. That sends a wrong message to the world. War mongers, who use fantasy to represent our beliefs. Using Iwo Jima soldiers to represent our courage is better choice.

Just IMO.

I agree that this idea is weird, but there is a statue of General Sherman, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_William_Tecumseh_Sherman_Monument, just outside the visitors entrance to the White House, so it is not unprecedented to have a military hero memorialized in the area. My issue with it, aside from it being a fictional character who does not represent America, is that there are a great many veterans of recent wars that need help and aren't getting it. There are service men and women missing in action and families struggling to make ends meet while a spouse is serving this nation in a war zone. Let's make sure real heroes are being taken care of before we erect a monument with the implicit, if not explicit message, that the ends justify the means.

Am I the only one that thinks this is... weird?

come on carpathiavh! hes the stuff legends are made of!
make a little link on the homepage to this thread

obama and the chief........ not as good as arby

EDIT! mabey add arby to the statue. arby n the chief defening you against political issues since 2006

and you can say all you like haters, i dont live in the usa area of the world!

I would also agree with carp and coolc on this by saying no. The chief is sweet and all but...he isnt real either.

I thought it would had made more sense if there was a statue of Master Chief outside the UN Headquarters rather than the White House, Chief isn't American, he's not even born on this planet. Now if there was a petition to send a statue of Chief out in space.... lol jk.

Yeah as cool as I think this would be, I really don't think it's appropriate. Given that the Master Chief one day actually saved the world from an alien invasion, maybe, but until then I think such a petition is inappropriate

its less about whether he is real or not but more or less what he represents. He shows that one man, brave enough, and save an entire species through valor and effort.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape that there is a petition for this - its more than likely all in good fun. Contrary to maybe (hopefully not) popular belief - internet petitions don't come true.

I could create a petition right now that says that I want my cat to be the next Sec of State - and even if it got a million signatures ITS NOT HAPPENING - lol
So relax people - its not in poor taste - its a joke - nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back