Phenry's Mark 6 Armor Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't even realize you were from cary! that's cool as hell. like i've been trying to do, i want to start an nc branch so we all can gett together and all that good crap. and good work on the armor

Just a quickie update, helmet is 99.5% done, I just need to buy 1 more LED (darn thing broke) and get it soldered in before I can say it's completely finished. I used the Zamp JS-1 visor, cost about $20 each, and I don't have any complaints at all about it. There was a small gap, but I really can't say I've seen a pep/fiberglass helmet that doesn't have that happen.

Almost all of the rest of the armor is getting it's first coats of paint today, I'll be sure to have some sweet pics up by the end of the weekend.

P1010679.jpg

P1010683.jpg

P1010684.jpg

(The visor is really dirty right now)

halodude164 said:
i didn't even realize you were from cary! that's cool as hell. like i've been trying to do, i want to start an nc branch so we all can gett together and all that good crap. and good work on the armor

Thanks, I'm only in NC for a few more days (I go to school in MO), but I'm home for most of the summers.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a blaalin helmet you got there. and that suck you movin away.... i wanted more people. oh well, once i'm done with mine i'm going out marketing lol, should be fun walking around in that suit. good job, keep us updated on the rest of it

Obligatory chief laying down shot (almost, the thighs were drying):

P1010717.jpg

All that needs to be done is weathering on most pieces, then pad/strap them on. The boots are my biggest concern, but I'm pretty sure I have putting them together all figured out.

very nice armor man. i especially like the forearms and chest. those were a pain, and i had to skip em. did your helemt have a gap between the visor and the jaw area? if you did, let me know how you filled it, cause i had a small one, and right now i out some black foam in between.

Sorry about the lack of clothes, but it got up to 99 today. All I really have left is weathering the jaw, battle damage to the torso, attaching the little ab plate, and raise up the thighs a hair (you can see how they rest in the second pic). Otherwise I'm pretty happy with how this has turned out being my first set of armor.

P1010718.jpg

P1010720.jpg

You have an odd fascination with being nekkid Phenry. The armor is art man, and you should be VERY proud of your work. I hope my future sets turn out that nice. One question though...are the suspenders for codpiece necessary? I'll be there after my last boot and was planning on it sitting above my hips slightly on the sides, but I don't want people to see every wrinkle of my junk. I was just going to do it like a belt.

Liq said:
You have an odd fascination with being nekkid Phenry. The armor is art man, and you should be VERY proud of your work. I hope my future sets turn out that nice. One question though...are the suspenders for codpiece necessary? I'll be there after my last boot and was planning on it sitting above my hips slightly on the sides, but I don't want people to see every wrinkle of my junk. I was just going to do it like a belt.

For the strapping route that I took I feel like they help a lot in holding everything together, since I buckled the thighs to the codpiece. I tried to run it without the suspenders, but everything kept falling down. I'm probably also going to strap the biceps to the suspenders, so that they won't keep falling down.

man... you're like done... and it's BALLIN!!!!! makes me want to hurry up with mine. great job man, and i don't think the ladies would mind if you wore your armor like that lol.

nice man great work hope my armor turns out that good yeah im also from n.c. to .great to now that there are other sparten armor creaters in n.c. keep up the good work do you know what you mite be working on next

phenry said:
Sorry about the lack of clothes, but it got up to 99 today. All I really have left is weathering the jaw, battle damage to the torso, attaching the little ab plate, and raise up the thighs a hair (you can see how they rest in the second pic). Otherwise I'm pretty happy with how this has turned out being my first set of armor.

looks good man, Im Jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back