Phoenix Team Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is our next Sugar Bowl meet up? When i'm home in December can we plan for one maybe? Just an in advance question from the farthest away of us all... :/

Nice. Too bad I'm stuck here on post. kinda ticking me off, cause they aren't letting anyone go outside sierra vista. Yea, they treat the army like toddlers out here..

Yeah, definitely get ahold of Anicken. He's our tallest spartan, at 6'7''. lol. He's more like a big softie, though. I'm sure you'll get along great. If you get ahold of him, you can also get ahold of my sister, who's doing a Marine Pilot, and two of my other friends doing RvB characters.

have some other guys I troop with that might be interested. woudl you all be willing to meet someplace more centralized? or is there a build day coming up we can get in on?

Yeah, totally. But let's move this conversation to the Meet-Up thread. Follow this link:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25856-Phoenix-Meet-Up!

yea i stopped working on them back in october of 2008, when i had to take the engine out of my MINI. havnt done anythign since than. Anyone have a line of the visors out here?

ACE or Lowes?

Jax,

I don't know of any places in town for visors, at least none that match the Master Cheif gold. There may be black ones in stock at Ride Now shops, or at the Harley dealerships but anything there is twice the price. I know I've seen visors at the dealership at Cave Creek, N. of Cactus. But the only place I have really found a decent selection on colored / mirror visors are on the following websites. HJC (which is what I wear when I ride) offers replacement lens' at a pretty high price, but they're the best look. http://www.helmetsetc.com/visors.asp or http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail.asp?product_id=rst-818 for the direct link.

Again, this is just what I've come across just searching for my helmets and motorcycle parts. Good luck. If you were talking about a line on actual fitted visors, we're contemplating making a vacu-form table ourselves, so in-due-time...

Because 405th won't let me edit my previous post (tried 4 times, it won't save) I'm double posting...

So, after some digging, I found an idea for you Jax, if you want to get intricate with the visor. Also, there's a mention of a 'mirracrome' paint that you could use over 1/8" amber acrylic sheet, but to get a full, accurate shape you'd still need a vacu-form. The concept is here.

i know some places used to sell gold welding visors, abotu a 3 or a 5 i forget which, but that was two years ago. the people would be four of us. 2 ODST and 2 spartans. we all live in either glendale or southwest phoenix and one is in queen creek

the people would be four of us. 2 ODST and 2 spartans. we all live in either glendale or southwest phoenix and one is in queen creek

Yeah, you're on the opposite side of town from where our base is. I got a friend who lives in glendale, it takes about 30 minutes on a good day to get there. D:

Because 405th won't let me edit my previous post (tried 4 times, it won't save) I'm double posting...

When you click "edit", go to "Go Advanced" or "Advanced Edit". It will save when you do it from there. Regular edit never works for me either.

30 minutes is not a lot of driving Rox. :p Plus, meeting halfway in Mesa or something is fairly reasonable, if you'd like. Near the mesa con center or something. I'll even drive. :p

Compared to your regular trips from Flagstaff, no. :p But anything more than 20 minutes to go visit someone is a bit far for me.
Oh yeah.. the Mesa convention center is the opposite direction of where they're from.. so that won't work. XD

mesa is not halfway to scottsdale. phoenix is. mesa is further than scottsdale. and no 30 minutes os not a bad drive. youve got to drive more than 30min to get anywhere i n this town anyway

Tempe Market Place? Mill Avenue?
I don't know too many places in Phoenix. I'm open to suggestions. (We need to movie this conversation to the Meet Up thread, which I gave a link to in my previous post. This thread is for the Builds.)

Sorry for the double post, but the new video is up now on Youtube. --->

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Aether. i NEED those ears.... where did you get them? last piece of my Link.

My ears! D: Don't take them off, it'll hurt! Haha, I got them from the Renaissance Faire. :) You cosplay Link? Perhaps you'd like to shoot me a profile comment with some pictures so I can see? ;)

Slight tangent, but I've been thinking these past couple of days about random ideas, and complimentary armor items, and the follows are what I've got for brainstorming with friends:

Everyone likes the sticky grenades, problem is, it's hard to get something that will not only stick to another person, but not damage their armor, let alone have it be reusable. Hell, I'll even take it one step further and propose it should glow as well... Theoretically, I think it's possible. It would just take a substance much like that of those sticky hand things you used to get out of the vending machines for 50 cents, and a small integrated circuit board with a timer and a watch battery to power a low-lumen, high fracture LED (or 2).

Also, Stilts, for added height on, say, an elite outfit, or even if someone wanted to do a 7' tall spartan:
TDZYGSQ872HOBYLBXR.jpg
These things are pretty fricken cool, I want a pair just to scare some kids on halloween. Thought of this while at work trying to find ways to run wire without lugging a ladder around.

Everyone likes the sticky grenades, problem is, it's hard to get something that will not only stick to another person, but not damage their armor, let alone have it be reusable. Hell, I'll even take it one step further and propose it should glow as well... Theoretically, I think it's possible. It would just take a substance much like that of those sticky hand things you used to get out of the vending machines for 50 cents, and a small integrated circuit board with a timer and a watch battery to power a low-lumen, high fracture LED (or 2).

That idea is neat! I hope with all of our brains combined we can think of a cool way to make that happen! I'd be throwing those at you all non stop and you know it.... ; w ; <3

Also, Stilts, for added height on, say, an elite outfit, or even if someone wanted to do a 7' tall spartan:
TDZYGSQ872HOBYLBXR.jpg
These things are pretty fricken cool, I want a pair just to scare some kids on halloween. Thought of this while at work trying to find ways to run wire without lugging a ladder around.

those look more like something for a Brute (Cheiftan? >w> ) or Hunter since it isn't backward-kneed. It wouldn't work for a spartan, the leg proportions would be all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back