Pip Boy 3000 - Needs Unfolding And Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightstar

I didn't know where else to put this so if this post is in the wrong spot let me apologize to the moderator and others. This file is from the ever talented and busy as all H3ll Belakor. This is more improved than the other one because it has less faces and supports to survive fiber glassing. It's an .obj file and I need help unfolding it. Also he said:
It's pretty much the game mesh that I've edited to make it work better in pep but it still needs to be trimmed and fused together, though you could possibly feed that into pep and get a useable model... you'd just need to fill in some pieces and get creative in the assembly.

If you think you can help with this I have hosted the file on a site. If it doesn't work let me know and I will help anyone where I can. I hope anyone and everyone who is out there wanting to make there own vault dweller uses this to make those plans come true.

Pip Boy 3000 .obj by Belakor

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this file is up to 22 downloads. Is anyone working on the unfold? Anyone want to post an update or share their progress?

dude dont triple post so that your thread gets updated, and i dont know how to weld open edges or i would help and unfold sorry

I would love to see this also, preferably in 2 pieces so that they can be hinged togeather after fiberglass.

I have never tried to unfold anything but may try this i want it so much. I dont know how you got the pep version

from Bel, any tips for unfold if i do undertake?

dude i just took a look at this in metaseqouia and its a bit of a mess and just from looking at it insanely hard to pep on some edges as well as the way most models are floating objects merged together to make one and its missing faces. so it is a sweet model but it needs some tlc.

Pretty sure Ben already posted an unfold that was smooth and nice like 3 months ago. Will see if I can dig it up...

crackhead09 said:
dude i just took a look at this in metaseqouia and its a bit of a mess and just from looking at it insanely hard to pep on some edges as well as the way most models are floating objects merged together to make one and its missing faces. so it is a sweet model but it needs some tlc.

Yeah, it looks to be just the rough obj file....

Sigma-LS said:
Pretty sure Ben already posted an unfold that was smooth and nice like 3 months ago. Will see if I can dig it up...

Unless he updated it, Ben's was just an unfold of the raw obj that Belakor posted. All the intersecting geometries were still there and as such it was a fairly impossible build.

fightstar said:
I didn't know where else to put this so if this post is in the wrong spot let me apologize to the moderator and others. This file is from the ever talented and busy as all H3ll Belakor. This is more improved than the other one because it has less faces and supports to survive fiber glassing. It's an .obj file and I need help unfolding it. Also he said:

It's pretty much the game mesh that I've edited to make it work better in pep but it still needs to be trimmed and fused together, though you could possibly feed that into pep and get a useable model... you'd just need to fill in some pieces and get creative in the assembly.

If you think you can help with this I have hosted the file on a site. If it doesn't work let me know and I will help anyone where I can. I hope anyone and everyone who is out there wanting to make there own vault dweller uses this to make those plans come true.

Pip Boy 3000 .obj by Belakor

As to the original post, I ended up just teaching myself blender well enough to fix this file up and make it into one contiguous object without all the impossible geometry. It's still a ridiculously complicated model (I shoulda simplified it some) but I assembled one and it is usable now at least. If anyone still wants it, let me know. I can post the file in a reply, or if some mod can add it to the fallout files database instead.

On assembly I left out some of the pieces that I thought would be easier to just dremel in the detail of instead. It still needs to be scaled to your individual arm size though since not everyones is the same. I'd suggest goig by the length you expect it to be on your forearm and using that to scale it. Remember, it doesn't cover the entire length of the forearm.

Incidentally, I was gonna post a pic of the pipboy I pepped, but this editor won't seem to let me insert a pic, so I'll just include it as an attachment.

If that offer for that pep file still stands I'd appreciate a copy. I tried straight importing a copy of the official mesh from the game but found it difficult to unfold as this is my first time working with Pep. :)

Fightstar, this is CDF_Vagabond from the Cosplay forums I thought I got that unfolded and scaled for you a while back???? If it has any problems of any kind you can let me know I belive I still have the 3D file you sent to me for it.

Started working on the pip boy.. It's gonna take a HULLA lot of work though..

pipboy.png

smilie120 said:
Started working on the pip boy.. It's gonna take a HULLA lot of work though..

pipboy.png

Man, I think my posts are in an invisble font. I posted weeks ago that I have a cleaned up version with a single geometry that I did in Blender and the takers have been few and far between... Although by looking at yours, I think I should have filled in the face to add stability to the finished product. Anyways, here's what mine looks like in pep:

Lord Farquaad said:
Man, I think my posts are in an invisble font. I posted weeks ago that I have a cleaned up version with a single geometry that I did in Blender and the takers have been few and far between... Although by looking at yours, I think I should have filled in the face to add stability to the finished product. Anyways, here's what mine looks like in pep:

Do want! :3

Nintendude said:
Fightstar, this is CDF_Vagabond from the Cosplay forums I thought I got that unfolded and scaled for you a while back???? If it has any problems of any kind you can let me know I belive I still have the 3D file you sent to me for it.

Sry my friend. I haven't forgotten your pep that you sent me, but life has kicked me pretty hard recently. I haven't had much time to dedicate to this.

Lord Farquaad said:

Well not so invisible any more. I wouldn't mind seeing your work a little closer. I'm glad we have some people moving on this. I wish I could have done more. So far everything looks great. I'm glad we have more people in the fight working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back