Pipninja's custom noble VI

pipninja

Active Member
Ooooo! I made some great progress yesterday!
I finished detailing the chest, belt, and knees !
First with the chest, I wasn't happy with the straps and hose on the front, so I tore them out

IMG_20190921_142749.jpg

IMG_20190921_142036.jpg


You will notice the hose on the side. That's because I replaced the foam one, with a camel back. More on that later.

Next was onto strap construction. Now that I had thicker foam, these turned out awesome! First I made patterns from the original straps here. Then started assembly.

IMG_20190921_143418.jpg

IMG_20190921_142751.jpg
IMG_20190921_145317.jpg
IMG_20190921_143741.jpg
IMG_20190921_151401_352.jpg


Next was the hose. For starters, the right strap got a clip to hold the hose in the front. Then I added some mounting clip type things, just to hold the hose and make it look better. Next I wrapped the hose in medical tape, and did a lightly watered down black paint on it. From my experience, the watered down paint soaks into the tape better than standard paint.
The I let it dry and did a test fit!

IMG_20190921_160904.jpg

IMG_20190921_160916.jpg

IMG_20190921_152404.jpg

IMG_20190921_153813.jpg

IMG_20190921_165729.jpg

IMG_20190921_170108.jpg

IMG_20190921_170057.jpg

IMG_20190921_175525.jpg


Next came installing the bladder in the back, which ultimately worked the best with buckles!

IMG_20190921_175709.jpg

IMG_20190921_175729.jpg
IMG_20190921_175732.jpg
IMG_20190921_175833.jpg


Next came some scratched up bits, the burned in details on the side, and a few details here and there.

IMG_20190921_174054.jpg

IMG_20190921_174309.jpg

IMG_20190921_175532.jpg

IMG_20190921_175554.jpg

IMG_20190921_175600.jpg

IMG_20190921_175603.jpg


And finally the chest plate was done!

IMG_20190921_175542.jpg

IMG_20190921_175548.jpg

IMG_20190921_175603.jpg

IMG_20190921_175616.jpg

IMG_20190922_072338.jpg


Next thing I did was sand the knees, for reseal and paint, as well as add a big gouge in one of them!

IMG_20190921_200312_559.jpg


And finally, I Finnished details on the belt!

IMG_20190921_220432.jpg

IMG_20190921_220437.jpg
IMG_20190921_220445.jpg
IMG_20190921_220448.jpg


I think the next step for me is the thighs! Look forward to more building!
 

pipninja

Active Member
So I made the patterns!! So it started in Adobe Illustrator, with a 2d reference image.

IMG_20190929_015323.jpg


Then I started adding layers, different layers corresponding to different thickness of parts, these layers were drawn over the reference.

IMG_20190928_222955.jpg


And here are all the layers. I can separate them in the program for reference when building.

Starting from widest to thinest

IMG_20190929_085505.jpg

IMG_20190929_085515.jpg

IMG_20190929_085628.jpg

IMG_20190929_085932.jpg

IMG_20190929_090045.jpg

IMG_20190929_090556.jpg

IMG_20190929_090623.jpg
IMG_20190929_090728.jpg

IMG_20190929_090843.jpg

IMG_20190929_090906.jpg

IMG_20190929_091019.jpg

IMG_20190929_091331.jpg

IMG_20190929_091406.jpg
IMG_20190929_091447.jpg

IMG_20190929_091537.jpg

IMG_20190929_091508.jpg


Finally getting us our Finnished pattern!

IMG_20190929_091630.jpg


From there it was printed

IMG_20190929_015220_897.jpg


And then cut out and assembled!

IMG_20190929_084358.jpg


The next step is foam fabrication, I'm so excited!
 
Top