Planet Comic Con Kansas City: Booth Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
If im not mistaken Emp Frosty you did a really nice rough mock, would you wanna sketch one up again using the dimensions of that backdrop?
Yeah I'll make another mock up this weekend and throw in into the thread. Did you want the back drop for just the photo area or to span the whole booth? Also I dont think a second standing banner would be necessary if we hang up the 405th or Regiment flag on the opposite side.

Yeah I'll make another mock up this weekend and throw in into the thread. Did you want the back drop for just the photo area or to span the whole booth? Also I dont think a second standing banner would be necessary if we hang up the 405th or Regiment flag on the opposite side.
Considering how large this backdrop is, probably just do it all in one unless we get a smaller backdrop like half the size and use it for photos similar to the crows nest that was done for HOD. Agreed on your point though with using the flag

I'm down to start working on things for a booth regardless if we have this one soldiered or not. Since we can have it as a portfolio piece for applying for booth spaces

I'll need to pester Benton to get plan details for those racks as I have someone who could make them before Chicago so I can pick them up on my way back home too.
I may hit you up for those plans depending on how ours goes. I am trying to make it a dual purpose so we can haul gear and stuff. Also do we have electricity at the cons when we have a booth? I know some did last year just didn't know if 405ths did cause I may try to incorporate a power supply Incase we need plug anything in. And what all would we wanna look at as far as props for the booth? And 10-4 on flags I wasn't sure what all we had as far as flags/banners other then what was in the pic.

Considering how large this backdrop is, probably just do it all in one unless we get a smaller backdrop like half the size and use it for photos similar to the crows nest that was done for HOD. Agreed on your point though with using the flag
New floor plan just dropped. I made some adjustments to allow for as much or the backdrop to be used for pictures as possible.
Screenshot (138).png

Spartan299 Did you have any updates or any recommendations to what we as member's can be doing to make a booth like this happen? i know you reached out prior on a event that was being done for hockey, but they never got to me with a request form. Is there things we can be doing on our end or need to just show up at events, etc?

I will not know anything much about a booth until we get closer to the event. What I have been told is that the more of a presence we have at Planet Comicon events this year, the better our chances of getting a booth will be.
Having said that, I'm going forward with the attitude that we WILL get a booth and I am encouraging member that can make it to events in Kansas City attend as many possible. My contact, Jim Bartlett, sits on the PCC Board that will make the booth decision. He is very interested in our member attending PCC next year. So, that's a positive thing.
As for what we will need for the booth, I will need actual, solid items to show him as to what we will have at the booth.
I will see if I can send you a link for him so that you and he may work out the details together.

Spartan299 With the Planet tickets going on sale and being about 5 months out, has there been any update about the booth? Also a couple of us (noble, fallen, ect.) were throwing the idea around about doing a panel and I was just wondering if that would increase the likelihood of us getting the booth if we brought that up to your contact?

On a side note with Galaxy con coming up soon. We should get a test run of the booth setup and an idea of where improvements need to be made and some pictures we can submit for what to expect for our appearance at Planet.

Spartan299 With the Planet tickets going on sale and being about 5 months out, has there been any update about the booth? Also a couple of us (noble, fallen, ect.) were throwing the idea around about doing a panel and I was just wondering if that would increase the likelihood of us getting the booth if we brought that up to your contact?

On a side note with Galaxy con coming up soon. We should get a test run of the booth setup and an idea of where improvements need to be made and some pictures we can submit for what to expect for our appearance at Planet.
I'm pretty sure I gave one of you guys the contact number for my Planet Comicon contact. He is the person to talk to about all that. If y'all can't find his number I can get it to you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back