Planning ahead. What would it take to build a pelican?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im located in southern Idaho, I can probably make a trip down there for the filming if you need some more bodies, or I could help do some of the painting for the sets, I've done technical theater now for nearly 5 years, so if you have some questions you can hit me up.

BEVBOR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! (still...) And thanks, guys, wow. This is sweet stuff, man. I tell y'all what, I have both a brother and a sister who are leaving soon (end of next month) and when they're gone I'll have a lot more room to work on this thing, cuz then I'l be able to stash it in my parents' basement :).
I've been writing a simple script, which has been fun, but it's not workin for me yet, so I'll have to re-vamp it later. But thanks for all the support, guys!

@twisting: I just barely passed through Idaho. Where at? spent my 2 hour night in some random parking lot in Pocatello near the Maverik. lol

Also, does anyone know if the HALO universe has anything equivalent to an AWACS bird? Like an E-3 or something?

lol Oz ain't so bad. Watch out for the orange monkeys, though. :p I have a script written up, but it's not quite what I want, still. I'm continually editing it as time allows. We'll see how it goes.

QUESTION: How can I get the pelican bay set to bounce? I just need it to hit the ground and the marines inside to get jerked around a little bit. Any ideas?

Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.

As for dropping it, you could jack one end up and put some form of stilts under it, which can then be pulled out from under it, dropping it on the ground. That would only be half of the ship, but with the camera set up right, it should look like the whole thing shakes. It would probably be easier to drop only half of it rather than the whole thing. That's just a quick thought. Hope it helps in some way.

Hmm, well maybe you dont need to have the pelican bounce. A little bit of fancy camera work can make it look like its jerking around and if the marine are bouncing about, not the ship, it could look like the pelican is crashing. Also, about the plane (if you are still thinking about it), there is this thing called the longstrike i believe, you see it in one of the halo reach missions (the first time you got to sword base and the big ship blows up). Thats what i got.

for shakey camera on the cheap just get the actors to shake and bounce at the same time have the camera bounce n shake. may be crude but itll work. and i know what you mean about re-writing scripts over and over. im currently writing a script for what has now turned into at least a four or five ep mini series haha cause i keep finding more and more. its just i want to finish making the props first and thats the longest stage by far

I would agree, except the longest stage by far is getting my stupid internet to work. X( Makes Me Angry!!! But that's ok. I intend to start something about this pelican dealio the second week in June. Ish... we'll see how work goes. Thanks again to Bevbor for that amazing pep file of the pelican interior. Awesome stuff.

i dont know how practical this would be, but mayb if you could get a few mates together you could rent out a property to place the set on? may not be cost effective but itd be a good way to set it up as you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back