plasma pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohaple

Jr Member
Well i decided that i would like a weapon to go along with my Helmet, and decided that i could make a fairly simple plasma pistol easiest (trying to stay away from human weaps to avoid getting shot on halloween) and for an hour of work it ended up pretty well so far.

I made stencils, then traced them on to cardboard twice, cut them out, then made cardboard supports in the middle to add thickness. i did it in four peices, the handle, top peice, bottom peice, and center peice. I made it thinner than the real thing so i can still detail, pretty good shape overall i think though

pistol1.jpg

pistol2.jpg

pistol3.jpg

pistol4.jpg

thats the plan, but i was actually thinking about using a clay to add the extra mass so that i can add more details, then using a paint that just had a real shiny and mettalic finish

ohaple said:
thats the plan, but i was actually thinking about using a clay to add the extra mass so that i can add more details, then using a paint that just had a real shiny and mettalic finish
good idea

maybe some bondo

Last edited by a moderator:
it would be easier on you if you made it from wood and carved the details. Clay is usefull but trouble, and mostly for things that are curved/spherical. Guns and flatter things would be much easier from wood. Probably cheaper too.

yea, how workable is bondo, its a really noobish question, but i have a can of it, i just havent opened it, does it end up like a putty, or is it more like a thick resin...

wood sounds good, but im not real great at working with it, at least i can make it look smooth with bondo or a clay

fairly workably, but use gloves. I like to just put it on with my hands (easier) but you will have some sanding to do. Again with wood you could carve in instead of build out.

does anyone know of any clay type things that just dry besides bondo... i have heard sculpey being mentioned on here, but that has to be baked right??? maybe bondo would be best....

ok good, i will check that out, and even if it cracks, a little hot glue and some extra paint would fix it up fine, this isnt one of my main projects, so im not overly concerned with the quality, just thought it would be a fun addition
air dry clay, and i was thinking a navy blue fabric paint for the body.... has the correct texture, shine and color.... but may have a tendancy to peel.....

what do you mean by hefty? like too big or what. I think i got the scale about 1/4 of an inch under what it should be.... not really noticable....

I would get some clay but don't just paint over it use Bondo fiberglass resin coat maybe 2-3 times and it should be pretty good and sturdy, then paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back