Plasma Rifle Built Out Of Recycled Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micney

Jr Member
Hey 405th! I’m a little new to the whole forum thing so if I mess up in any way I am sorry.

About the time that Halo 1 hit the PC I became super interested in props and costumes. It is also about this time that my parents (whom I was living with at the time) said that I was not allowed to use the usual construction materials, so I was stuck foraging for anything to build my favorite weapon in the game with. I also had to find a way to build it on the SUPER CHEAP! (Being that I am always dirt broke)

A few runs to the dollar store and I had everything I needed:

2 x 2 liter bottles
4 x Chopsticks
1 x cardboard box
1 x chunk of styrophome
1 x Tube of chips (i got a meal out of this and the soda :lol: )

I also got a lot of masking tape, spray paints, and stuff to do paper-mâché

I don’t have any pics of the construction process, but this shows about where everything goes

[attachment=8710:Recycle.jpg]

The card board and styrophome were used for the detail work

Here are some different angles tell me what you think and if there is any way to improve on it

[attachment=8711:pRifel_1.jpg]
[attachment=8712:pRifel_2.jpg]
[attachment=8713:pRifel_3.jpg]
[attachment=8714:pRifel_4.jpg]

Oh wow, that's some ingenuity! :D

Aside from it being a bit blotchy-ish looking, if you know what I mean, it looks awesome. I love all the attention you paid to the details, and how it's the right size and everything.

I'm assuming you're no longer with the 'rents, so are you considering redoing this project now with the accepted medium? I'd love to see what you could do with pep if you're doing this well with scrap'd-together objects.
:)

Drakku said:
Oh wow, that's some ingenuity! :D

Aside from it being a bit blotchy-ish looking, if you know what I mean, it looks awesome. I love all the attention you paid to the details, and how it's the right size and everything.

I'm assuming you're no longer with the 'rents, so are you considering redoing this project now with the accepted medium? I'd love to see what you could do with pep if you're doing this well with scrap'd-together objects.
:)

Right now i am in the Research phase of my Master Chief costume (pep). if i have enough time and supplies left over from the build then i think i will attack this project again

Anubis117 said:
wow, considering what you made it from that is quite impressive.

Thanks ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
omg.jpg

That is absolutely amazing. Even though there is a Plasma Rifle you can buy for about $100, you can make your own every time you head out to the grocery store...

That is truly an inspiration. Very effective use of materials. If you could make even a small tutorial for projects like this, that would help many members on the site, I'm sure.

Holy crap! Even though it's a bit rough looking, considering what you made it out of makes it that much more amazing! I still remember the days when I would make swords, shields and bows out of cardboard, colored electrical and duct tape and wooden dowels. ;) Ah, fun times.

Keep it up!

very nice, the only way i could think of improving it is possibly adding some LEDs to the egg carton part to give it the plasma glow, but that is really it.

great job, way to keep it green

Wow. :eek:

That is really great Micney. And it's a great example of what you can do if you just take your time, plan things out, and pay attention to detail. I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

Wow, way to save the enviroment. :p

Do you have a way to make it smoother, i think maybe some cheap air dry clay could be a little help. Just use small blotches of it. Or some liqid paper, might work. Just be creative, when you want to make it even look like the real deal. Keep on thinking of ways to make it

TSM

All I can say is WOW. You have quite an imagination to create a plasma rifle out of those materiels! Nice work!

Oooh, very nice, very nice indeed. Great work. Reminds me of the time I made my cardboard mauler. I'm sure they have the pepakura file of the plasma rifle at the halo costume wiki if you are interested.

Confucious T said:
Oooh, very nice, very nice indeed. Great work. Reminds me of the time I made my cardboard mauler. I'm sure they have the pepakura file of the plasma rifle at the halo costume wiki if you are interested.

yeah, they do... but it has a lot of confusing aspects to it. (such as building pieces that aren't even seen o_O ) i also have problems making closed off 3d items because of the last tab always looks bad :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooooooooooo cool! The attention to details with the grills and venting is really what makes this stand out in my opinion. If we could all be as resourceful as you are, Spartans would be running around everywhere. This should make the showcase for its exclusive use of recycled materials.

Keep up the good work, and here is a dancing kitty for your trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back