Props Plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon Man

Jr Member
Hey guys recently my friends want me to make them cardboard guns and it is really getting annoying my hands hurt all the time from cutting the cardboard. So I have decided to make an armory of plastic replicas,but i dont know how to make plastic or how to mold it.

But I have one advantage 405th.com so if any of you know how to make plastic and how to mold it please share your tips.

Recon Man

Recon Man said:
Hey guys recently my friends want me to make them cardboard guns and it is really getting annoying my hands hurt all the time from cutting the cardboard. So I have decided to make an armory of plastic replicas,but i dont know how to make plastic or how to mold it.

But I have one advantage 405th.com so if any of you know how to make plastic and how to mold it please share your tips.

Recon Man

i think there are a few stickies out there with some videos that you could watch, Adam had one with him casting a assault rifle i think, not tootally sure but check ou the stickies, ive never done it before but ide be into it as well if i got to the point.

infact here it is.. just looked it up

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at Ithica's videos on how to mold something, but it will be costly. Plastics to make molds are not cheap. After you make your mold, everthing is simple. Put mold together pour in plastic and make sure everything gets covered. But I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out and making it sound too easy, so make the best weapon to use as a template and go for it. Good Luck and hope to see some pics later.

i think the easiest thing to do would be get styrene of a slab of foam, cut the general shape, and then sand down/mold the actual gun or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back