Pooper's High Detailed Mvi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
lookin pretty good there, Hopefully you don't encounter any probs fiberglasing looking forward to seeing the rest of the build

Thanks for the comments guys and gals! Here's a little update...

This weekend was crazy (Saturday anyways), but between having a flat tire, losing my cell phone, recieving threats from text messaging when I got a new phone, I manage to fiberglass and resin my helmet.

I must say, I think I did pretty good for my first try (the stickies are a powerful thing)! The helmet did not warp at all and stayed in perfect shape. And I only had a couple of cardboard supports.

Here's some pics, and again, sorry for the low quality. These pictures just doesn't do it justice...

Remember newbies... Safety First!
DCFC0049.jpg

DCFC0039.jpg

DCFC0040.jpg

DCFC0041.jpg

Looking at other threads such as SoullessSin's and others really help out a lot. I strongly recommend members to look through other threads... you'll learn something new. Trust me...

Okay! Sometime this week, I'm going to sand my helmet and bondo it. I'm also going to start on my new Torso. I'll update as often as I can.

WOOT I saw my name up there but damnnn your respirator is crazier looking than mine. Helmet looks good though :D

That pep looks great! If the glass and bondo turn out anywhere near the quality of the pep you'll have a first class lid! Keep it up.

ryoon4690 said:
i hope mine turns out that good.

I'm sure yours will come out great! Just take your time and try not to rush... that's the trick behind it.

SoullessSin said:
WOOT I saw my name up there but damnnn your respirator is crazier looking than mine. Helmet looks good though :D

Yeah, been looking at you thread and others as well. Helps me get motivated and I learn a few things too! Yeah, my respirator does look weird doesn't it? My girlfriend says it looks like I'm getting ready for the end of the world or something. :p

Thanks for the kind comment Soulless... I'm hoping my helmet will come out as smooth as yours or timonemycat's! :D

juggernaut said:
That pep looks great! If the glass and bondo turn out anywhere near the quality of the pep you'll have a first class lid! Keep it up.

Yep, the glassing came out nice! Here's trying to get the bondo as nice too!

Glennz said:
Wow, no warping? :)

Yeah, believe it! I used crackhead's method from his fiberglassing video tutorial. It helped out nicely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yur-Ry said:
Nice work man.

Can u tell me where u got ur Pep model ??

Thanks Yur-Ry

Thanks! The pep model I used is a combo of Flying Squirrels HD Mark VI and Rundown's HD Mark VI. I used FS's model for the main base, and Rundown's details on cardboard, glued over the pep helmet to flair it out more.

You can find both files on the wiki.

hey the FB looks good.
Noob Question: What type/kind of CB did you use? I looks to thin to be "cardboard box" type stuff or is it? The honeycomb inside looks really tight.
thanks!

JediStumpy said:
hey the FB looks good.
Noob Question: What type/kind of CB did you use? I looks to thin to be "cardboard box" type stuff or is it? The honeycomb inside looks really tight.
thanks!
Thanks Jedi! As for the cardboard, I use the traditional "cardboard box" for the front of the mouth area, the piece on the top/back of the helmet (look at FS model, you'll see what I'm talking about), and the raised rectangle pieces on the sides (sides where the lights/leds go).

Other spots of the helmet, like under the brim, neckseal, sides of the helmet, I used cardboard from a large value pack Hot Pocket box. It's thick enough to give me those raised details, yet thin enough for me to bend it to shape.

Lol it's just that my respirator is less complicated looking than yours. I have the simple $30 3M one. But I would say it's true one when we look at other progress threads, we do get motivated to make more and do more. Just mainly doing our best.

very nice work! I'm impressed, and jealous, my work isnt that great yet. but practices always helps. anyways i saw you were using carboard for extra details, great idea! i havent seen anyone else do that, if i missed that then maybe im just oblivious. I approve! lol

what are you going to use for the visor?

Keep up the good work, cant wait to see more!

Looking good man, Glad to see fiberglassing came out so great no warping's what I like to see. Quick question, How come you used the detail parts from rundowns helm?

SoullessSin said:
Lol it's just that my respirator is less complicated looking than yours. I have the simple $30 3M one. But I would say it's true one when we look at other progress threads, we do get motivated to make more and do more. Just mainly doing our best.

I hear ya bud! Been trying to track your thread (and others) as much as I can, seeing I can only make posts at work, at my girlfriend's house, or through my cell phone (which is hard). There's many build threads here (new and old) that I love looking at!

WRising said:
very nice work! I'm impressed, and jealous, my work isnt that great yet. but practices always helps. anyways i saw you were using carboard for extra details, great idea! i havent seen anyone else do that, if i missed that then maybe im just oblivious. I approve! lol

what are you going to use for the visor?

Keep up the good work, cant wait to see more!

Thanks for the comments wrising! For the visor, I plan on using two HJC gold reflective visors. That's right folks, I'm NOT going to be using the transparency film for the double visor look (as seen on my avatar on my old suit).

I want this to look as good as I can get it (to the best of my ability), and hopefully the visor will come out with the quality look of Sean Bradley's or bluerealm's (the visor that is). I've always like the two gold HJC visor look, I was just to chicken crap to cut on it with a dremel before. :p

Wrathchild said:
Looking good man, Glad to see fiberglassing came out so great no warping's what I like to see. Quick question, How come you used the detail parts from rundowns helm?

Thanks! :) Reason I used some of rundown's details is because it helps show more of the Halo 3 details (the sides of the helmet for example.) I've still used some of FS's details in some areas, and used rundown's in others.

Updates have been slow... I just trimmed some fiberglass hanging off the edges of the helmet and I sprayed primer on it. No need to post pics on two very small steps... I'll be bondoing and sanding over the weekend, and post pics of that soon! :D

pooper said:
Thanks for the comments wrising! For the visor, I plan on using two HJC gold reflective visors. That's right folks, I'm NOT going to be using the transparency film for the double visor look (as seen on my avatar on my old suit).

I want this to look as good as I can get it (to the best of my ability), and hopefully the visor will come out with the quality look of Sean Bradley's or bluerealm's (the visor that is). I've always like the two gold HJC visor look, I was just to chicken crap to cut on it with a dremel before. :p

Im sorry but I don't totally understand what you mean by two visors. Is it just overlaying eachother, like one on top of the other o something else?
And is there a thread or something for the film? Is that buy-able? Where do I buy it? What do i put it on?
Sorry again for all the questions, I probably shouldnt use this as an excuse but I'm new and I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks for the help!

@WRising
Hey it's ok to ask quesitons. Well it is actually overlapping 2 visors. First he will use a template to cut it out then glue it together with an un-cut visor maybe. The film is used for glass windows i believe and it adheres to visors as well. All of this is buyable too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back