Pooper's High Detailed Mvi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone!

No major updates, just an announcement of sorts... Because of crazy Georgia weather going from hot to cold to warm again and then it rains, fiberglass has proven to be difficult at the moment. I’ll do it on the warmer days, but for time being, I’ll be pepping more pieces.

I’m currently working on the hand plates I got from MrOreo (which are awesome by the way). I trimmed off the flashing and just need to sand and paint. Pics of that will be posted as soon as the sanding is done.

But I’ve been mostly trying to get my new ODST helmet done in time for Halloween. Put I don’t think it’s going to happen. Plus, I’m probably going to receive the rest of the armor from Sean after Halloween anyways (Sean ran into some difficulties beyond his control). It’s okay though... Sean’s work is really worth the wait, and that gives me time to finish the helmet; or set it aside to get the rest of my MVI done.

ATTACHED ARE PICS FOR A SNEAK PEAK OF MY ODST HELMET. WILL HAVE BETTER PICS OF THE BUILD IN MY NEW ODST THREAD COMING SOON. (Photos taken with my camera phone)

AttachmentPreviewdocumentA.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument3.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument4.jpg

AttachmentPreviewdocument5.jpg

I have better pics of the progress build on my actual camera. This is just a sneak peak... also to show you all what I have been working on. Next pics will be the hand plates. Stay tuned! :)

WOOT! An update! :D

That ODST helm is looking great, buddy! The folds look very clean and precise, and the details very crisp. Once finished, I'd wager your build could very well rival some of the other ODST helmets here ;)

As much as I've been more for making myself some Mk VI armour above all else, I have to admit the more I see this helmet the more I want one of my own, lol. Unfortunately, since I can't afford to buy new ink cartridges for my printer right now, I can't print it out and put one together myself :p

Care to build one for me? :lol

Anyway, fantastic work on this new project. I can't wait to see more of it, and also Hero's hand plates :cool

And someone says they aren't that good with Bondo...PTFFFFFT! Whatever!!!

That looks good there buddy! Like how you got the vertical side vents in. Bondo and Foamies? It the back bondo as well? If it is that is looking great too. Really swell work you did!!

Keep me/us updated!!

Also what size did you use? Default?

That's looking awesome man! Can't wait to see the full suit. :) This is a prime example of why I need to start using Pep again. XD

Lol Pooper,

I don't care what you say other people's bondo skills are better than yours.

BUT DAMNNNN nice bucket :D

I should make an ODST one as well ;)

Looks amazing pooper. It really does. Each time you make a new bucket the next one looks cleaner and better than the previous. What do you think?

~James

@ Spartan II: Lol thanks Elvis! Thought I just show you all what kept me busy this month. I hoping that my Helmet will be just as memorable as the other ODST helmets here. Lol Once I start molding and casting next year, I'll send ya a PM about getting one. ;)

@ Shade: Wow, thanks Shade! :D

@ JediStumpy: LOL But I'm not great with bondo! Thanks for the vote of confidence Jedi... I'm my own worst critic, and other members and nonmembers tell me it looks great. As for the vents, I used a Painter's Mixing stick that you can get out of any Hardware store or Hardware department. It has the exact width that works well with it. Just measure, cut, and glue in. I used a box cutter to cut the pieces. I'm going to make it look more flush with the helmet with a little more bondo. The back was done with pieces of cardboard from a diet Pepsi box. And the size I used is the default size of Rundown's Model with Ral's unfold. The size is 30cm. It fits great, though I needed to trim the opening a little. Thanks for the comments Jedi!! I'll let you know when the official thread for this is up. :)

@ Spartan 270: Thanks Bud! Lol Yeah, Pep is really awesome, making a suit from scratch is REALLY great! I really like your suit. :)

@ Soulless: Lol Thanks Soulless! But I really like your bondo skills. And if you do an ODST helmet, remember to use Ral's Unfold. It'll save you on time and sanding. :p

@ James (jlhR2): Thanks James! Yeah, I have to agree with you on that. One of the reason's why keeps looking better and better is because I learn from past mistakes, and I've learned a few new tricks to use as well. :D After you make a few, you just getting better and better.

Okay! Next up will be the handplates! Didn't get around on sanding them yesterday... was to busy with playing Tekken 6 on my 360. It'll be up soon though! :)

Sorry for the double post, but I have to let you all know that I'm sorry for not posting in a while... life has presented me with another obstacle, so progress from me has come to a sudden halt (for now.) But hey! the obstacle may be a great thing to happen to me! I'll let y'all know later... don't want to jinx it.

If everything goes to plan with what's going on at my job/career, then I'll be very happy and get back to cranking on the armor and suits I'm working on (probably in two weeks).

Thanks for bearing with me and understanding!

pooper said:
@ Spartan II: Lol thanks Elvis! Thought I just show you all what kept me busy this month. I hoping that my Helmet will be just as memorable as the other ODST helmets here. Lol Once I start molding and casting next year, I'll send ya a PM about getting one. ;)

[...]

Sounds good to me, buddy. I'd definately be down for one, if what you've done with it so far is any indication, lol. Good luck with that development at your job, btw :)

Just out of curiosity, what's the scale? :unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, just saw this thread, man. nice job. i really like the helmet. i wish i would have started with that pep file for my helmet. oh well

keep up the good work.

pooper said:
But hey! the obstacle may be a great thing to happen to me!

I hope it is :) Btw epic smooth odst man! digging it

MrOreo123 said:
Good luck with whatever's going on!

Thanks Hero! So far, everything is going pretty good at the job, except one little thing. crossing my fingers!

And man, I'm sorry I didn't get to post your hand plates yet... just things keep coming up, and I take on more new projects. They are sanded and primer, so I need to get off my lazy behind and post them already! :p They look great!

Dan W. said:
Hey man, awesome update (Love the wallpaper too), and good luck!

Thanks bud! And I really like your armor builds! Thanks for the "good luck." Going to need all I can get.

TheMarzRover said:
very nice dude! :D

i hope my helmet turns out this good.

Thanks! I'm sure your helmet and suit will come out great!

SPARTAN II said:
Sounds good to me, buddy. I'd definately be down for one, if what you've done with it so far is any indication, lol. Good luck with that development at your job, btw :)

Just out of curiosity, what's the scale? :unsure

Thanks Elvis! I'm really hoping this job thing comes through... As for the ODST Helmet, the scale is at the default size of Ral's unfold, which is 30cm. Fits really well!

mrbungle said:
WOW, just saw this thread, man. nice job. i really like the helmet. i wish i would have started with that pep file for my helmet. oh well

keep up the good work.

Thanks Mr.Bungle! Lol! I think your helmet is one of the best I've seen here on the forums!

Thanks again! :)

rundown said:
I hope it is :) Btw epic smooth odst man! digging it

Thanks Rundown! I love this model, and after seeing Sean Bradley's ODST helmet in person (which he used your model) I was blown away. I had to start on this now! I've used Rube's helmet as detail reference and add those details to your model. Really liking the results!

Thanks again for your hard work Rundown!

scorcher117 said:
were did you get the visor

If you're referring to my MVI helmet, I get my Gold HJC Visors from a local Motorcycle shop. Or you can get them online.

Well, I haven't touched anything on my suits... I'm just dealing with folks at my job and trying to get things together. So far, everything is working out except one thing... which I know I can reach a mutual understanding.

I'll get back on the armor soon Though! :) Thanks for all your support!

pooper said:
[...]

Thanks Elvis! I'm really hoping this job thing comes through... As for the ODST Helmet, the scale is at the default size of Ral's unfold, which is 30cm. Fits really well!

[...]

I'll get back on the armor soon Though! :) Thanks for all your support!

30cm, huh? I don't have my Mk VI helmet here with me (it's over at the gf's place), but if I'm not mistaken that's the same height, so that would fit me pretty well, too. I'd definately be down for one when you're able to get around to molding/casting it next year. Looking forward to more updates, buddy ;)

hey pooper I wanna ask you

Do you have any pictures of your MK VI forearms WIP ?

I am pepping these things right now and I wanna make them nice and High detailed so I asked myself

Did u do some Cardboard details on them?

I am using the models from NUGGET.

Succes with your armors!

Hey 405th members! As mentioned before in my ODST thread, I'm sorry that I don't have any updates... been handling things with life and such. And because of the cold weather, I can't fiberglass or bondo much either. I've got a couple of Shoulders pepped, but I don't think it's worth showing until they're at least fiberglassed. And I've got a set of hand plates (thanks to Mr.Oreo) that's been sitting on my desk for a long while that I need to post. It's sanded and primered, but I just haven't gotten around to posting it.

Again, I apologize for the lack of updates. Once the weather starts to get warmer, thinks on my MKVI will pick right back up.

Bram76 said:
hey pooper I wanna ask you

Do you have any pictures of your MK VI forearms WIP ?

I am pepping these things right now and I wanna make them nice and High detailed so I asked myself

Did u do some Cardboard details on them?

I am using the models from NUGGET.

Succes with your armors!

Don't have the forearms built yet... I used Nugget's on my old suit, so I'm going to try Flying Squirrel's Med Def forearms. And yes, I"m planning on using cardboard details.

Thanks for the kind words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back