Not open for further replies.

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
So I've been watching as people have been popping out of the woodwork on the coast and we're at the point where we could set up a sub unit within the Regiment for everyone around the Fraser River Delta which comes with a cool name of Delta Battalion.

Current forum folks that frequent the Vancouver area for events are Artifice TurboCharizard CplYapFlip LongShot X ODST Langford LastMinute awildshannon as well as some other folks I've been poking with a stick to make accounts.

Is this a thing that people would be interested in? Does anyone have a cooler idea for a name? Am I missing some of the locals in the tag list?

I'm a sucker for Republic Commando, Delta Squad was my inspiration by the way. It'd just be rad for each of us to have a Delta ## designation.

Last edited:
Related: a photographer friend of mine has moved back to Vancouver and we were chatting about upcoming projects and shoots for fun that we could do. My ODST build came up and that there's a good amount of great local Halo cosplayers, so if there's interest I'm sure we could plan a group shoot sometime. Here are some samples of our past collabo's. Apologies for the huge images, for some reason in this thread I can't figure out how to make them show as thumbnails.

Meg Super Photography:
1*x_YltVR1SShjPcxBvFdbwg.jpg

1*LovLu53BPLw7bQ7fohLvKg.jpg

7a3982eb55057f4bd4ab37e6af95290a86ffb8fe_hq.jpg

My ODST probably won't be done until early 2019, but if there's interest from other locals I think a group Halo shoot would be a really cool thing to put together.

Thanks!

We're currently working on an ODST for Rinzlerr as well as three other Spartans (all Reach Gen 1s) on the Victoria side of the water so be prepared for a full fireteam of locals.

I'd also like to welcome The Starch to the fray.

Both Rinzlerr and The Starch are jumping on the Victoria Halo build team along with CplYapFlip and myself. There's a few other locals that I've been poking at to make their 405th profiles but this section of the Canadian Regiment is definitely a hot spot.

I submitted the application to Division for the new battalion since we have ten members on the forums in the region and several others with suits either in the works or completed that are not yet on the forum.

The application does not require that we have decided on who our battalion staff are but there is a similar structure to Regimental structure with a Battalion Commanding Officer (BCO), Battalion Executive Officer (BXO) and Battalion Membership Officer to decide upon. Once we have confirmation of the formation of Delta Battalion we can move into a more formal election of officers but for now I'd like to see if there's any of the crew here that are interested in taking on a more active role in our local costuming community.

My fingers are crossed for things to be sorted out for the spring convention season and we can start meeting up and getting some sweet group photos!

I'd also like to welcome The Starch to the fray.

Both Rinzlerr and The Starch are jumping on the Victoria Halo build team along with CplYapFlip and myself. There's a few other locals that I've been poking at to make their 405th profiles but this section of the Canadian Regiment is definitely a hot spot.

I submitted the application to Division for the new battalion since we have ten members on the forums in the region and several others with suits either in the works or completed that are not yet on the forum.

The application does not require that we have decided on who our battalion staff are but there is a similar structure to Regimental structure with a Battalion Commanding Officer (BCO), Battalion Executive Officer (BXO) and Battalion Membership Officer to decide upon. Once we have confirmation of the formation of Delta Battalion we can move into a more formal election of officers but for now I'd like to see if there's any of the crew here that are interested in taking on a more active role in our local costuming community.

My fingers are crossed for things to be sorted out for the spring convention season and we can start meeting up and getting some sweet group photos!

Winter is coming. Perfect weather to sit inside and craft in. SO PUMPED to get started on not only the armor, but Etilka as well!

Winter is coming. Perfect weather to sit inside and craft in. SO PUMPED to get started on not only the armor, but Etilka as well!

Big goofy chain gun, I am excited.

May our hot glue guns keep us warm this winter comrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back