POST QUESTIONS IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack said:
I have a question for that.

Do you put the fiberglass cloth on while the resin is hardening or when it's done? And I'm talking about the inside of the helmet.
When the resin is done and smooth, then you put the fiberglass cloth that is not resined (at the moment, just how it is when you bought it) on the inside (or outside) the helmet. Add like tape or Adhensive (Spray Glue) to keep it on the helmet :p Then you put resin all over the fiberglass, I mean alot of resin, people said to have like 2 ounces of resin (thats alot) for it. Once done with that, let it cure (takes a few hours if in the right temperature) Then once it is completey dry and smooth (well somewhat smooth, you'll feel a bit of the texture form the cloth) It will be as hard a s a rock (Not really) :p

*Oh yeah, don't forget you have to cut the fiberglass cloth into strips when your putting onto the helmet.

SH_Jack said:
How much resin & fiberglass would one need for a full suit? I realize this varies on size so I'd appreciate if you included your height and build when answering. Thanks!
Resin...At least two of the resin products. I don't really know there are any other sizes for resin but one so yeah...

Fiberglass, you should get 3 packs of it (3 Fiberglass Cloths lol) You'll need it if your gonna add more layer of it on specific spots for it to be impossible to break or crack (like the butt lol)
I'm 5'5, I'm pretty short :p Doesn't really matter what height you are, we are all gonna use the same quantity of everything. Even for those who have a bigger scale, it will only make a tiny difference.
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't let me make a new topic. Why is this? It says an error has occured. The error returned was that you don't have permission to post a new topic in this forum. Why is this?

when working with fiber glass cloth, i always have this problem cutting it and sticking itto the cardstock. it get all thiese indivigual threads haning out and if you pull them off they get stuck every where and becoems a big mess. what is the best way to cut and place fibergalss cloth?

MC Chris said:
when working with fiber glass cloth, i always have this problem cutting it and sticking itto the cardstock. it get all thiese indivigual threads haning out and if you pull them off they get stuck every where and becoems a big mess. what is the best way to cut and place fibergalss cloth?

cut it with the sharpest scissors you can find. usually fabric scissors will work, although you wont want to go back to cutting cloth after cutting fiberglass.
the type of fiberglass available at retail hardware stores (home depot, lowes, etc) is relatively low quality glass cloth, and the fraying is something that you will just have to deal with. the easiest way to lay glass cloth is to lightly wet the area you're going to lay cloth in first, get dry gloves, lay the cloth and then add more resin with a brush. if you lay the cloth with dry gloves it keeps the stray fibers from sticking and then making a mess.

hey i have a question. for the fiberglass cloth, do i glue it onto the area or just take the resin and paint over it. i dont want to get it and then screw it up

imMonkeyGOD said:
Resin...At least two of the resin products. I don't really know there are any other sizes for resin but one so yeah...

Fiberglass, you should get 3 packs of it (3 Fiberglass Cloths lol) You'll need it if your gonna add more layer of it on specific spots for it to be impossible to break or crack (like the butt lol)
I'm 5'5, I'm pretty short :p Doesn't really matter what height you are, we are all gonna use the same quantity of everything. Even for those who have a bigger scale, it will only make a tiny difference.
Hope this helps

It does, thanks!

CrAzY CH13F said:
because i live in the UK and we don't use the same measurements, i was just wondering if this is the euivalent to the cardstock you guys have in the US.

here is the link to our Staples

Staples colour card 250 sheets

That works great. No worries. I live in Canada, which is basically the UK. we speak the same (without the accent though). We type the same, I say colour, honour and centre. And we have Staples too ^^, and that's the stuff that I bought.

I have another quiston ( sorry :D ). If you look at every budies mask they have a lines and pastics on there mask. How do you do that. (For example: master chiefs noise, it's not his noise, but it's a plastic thing between his chin and viser.

Spartan_117 said:
I have another quiston ( sorry :D ). If you look at every budies mask they have a lines and pastics on there mask. How do you do that. (For example: master chiefs noise, it's not his noise, but it's a plastic thing between his chin and viser.

What you just said is really confusing. Could you repost in a bit better detail. Pics would always help aswell.

I am in school so I can't add picture now, but look at master chief's face at ( http://www.gameguru.in/images/halo-3-master-chief-1.jpg ) he has this pastic thing between his chin and his viser, how can I do that and when do I do that? Also the line on his mask it's from that starts a little above his chin and goes to the plastic tube thing ( I forgot what is called ). Thank you, you respond fast.

OH, HEY WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MEMBER AND A ADVANCE MEMBER, BECAUSE ONE GUY SAID THAT YOU COULD GET IN THIS PLACE IN THIS WEB SITE IF THEY CHOOSE YOU WHICH IT HAS BETTER TUTORIALS, AND IT EXPLANES BETTER.

Spartan_117 said:
I am in school so I can't add picture now, but look at master chief's face at ( http://www.gameguru.in/images/halo-3-master-chief-1.jpg ) he has this pastic thing between his chin and his viser, how can I do that and when do I do that? Also the line on his mask it's from that starts a little above his chin and goes to the plastic tube thing ( I forgot what is called ). Thank you, you respond fast.
OH, HEY WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MEMBER AND A ADVANCE MEMBER, BECAUSE ONE GUY SAID THAT YOU COULD GET IN THIS PLACE IN THIS WEB SITE IF THEY CHOOSE YOU WHICH IT HAS BETTER TUTORIALS, AND IT EXPLANES BETTER.

The link's dead so no help there.

And the difference between the two is a mystery to me. simply I'm not a advanced member^^. You'd have to PM a mod to help you there, go ask Adam.

First Adam box is full, so I am scurried, but thank thou. However, the master chief mask I have UPLOADED a picture. The red circle's are the lines that I do not know how to do, and the yellow circle are the plastics parts that I do not how the HECK to do ( spatially the nose part ).

Spartan_117 said:
First Adam box is full, so I am scurried, but thank thou. However, the master chief mask I have UPLOADED a picture. The red circle's are the lines that I do not know how to do, and the yellow circle are the plastics parts that I do not how the HECK to do ( spatially the noise part ).
Bondo Body Filler. That is all. :p

Basically it add layers to a specific spot you want.
Also, when you say noise, you mean nose?

another question, on the firbeglassing tutorial for pep armour, the person writing the tut put fibre glass on the outside is it a good idea or do u have to sand alot?

CrAzY CH13F said:
another question, on the firbeglassing tutorial for pep armour, the person writing the tut put fibre glass on the outside is it a good idea or do u have to sand alot?
I'd recommend to do the inside even though its a bit harder :p

I'm not sure about the sanding but people said you will get this odd texture on your helmet from the fiberglass but if you bondo over it I guess thats ok but sand alot before doing that :D

When you mean sand alot, sand the fiberglass right?

I did a bondo resin on my mask and is dried, but the way it looks like is that if I sand it, it would go through the paper and make a whole in the mask. So what should I do. Also what type of glue I should use to stick the Fiber Glass inside of the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back