POST QUESTIONS IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan_117 said:
First Adam box is full, so I am scurried, but thank thou. However, the master chief mask I have UPLOADED a picture. The red circle's are the lines that I do not know how to do, and the yellow circle are the plastics parts that I do not how the HECK to do ( spatially the nose part ).

Look at either slyfo's or flying_squirls helmet peps. They are the best things you will come across on this forum FTW. I suggest flying_squirls', for that is the one that I am doing right now^^. And if you look at the nose of flying_squirls' pep helmet, it has the most detailing out of any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ice said:
Hi, my question is: Wehn usin CB what is thte best method for glassing and resin-ing?
Fast response would be great. -Ice

CB? If you mean carboard then look no further. Resining and glassing is the same for all materials. Paper, cardstock, cardboard, plastic, etc. It's all the same.

yes sorry i ment sanding the outside fiberglass, but if i bondo over it anyway will it have to be smooth or should i even bother with fiberglassing the oustide?

Question about Slyfo's H3 biceps. I have put both the left and right together, and i'm wondering if the file 'mjolnir shoulder default' that comes in Slyfo's pack attaches some how? The biceps just don't look complete to me for some reason.

DavidHouston said:
Question about Slyfo's H3 biceps. I have put both the left and right together, and i'm wondering if the file 'mjolnir shoulder default' that comes in Slyfo's pack attaches some how? The biceps just don't look complete to me for some reason.

Yes the default shoulder pads are the ones that go with the MK.VII MC suit. I don't know how to attach them though.

CrAzY CH13F said:
yes sorry i ment sanding the outside fiberglass, but if i bondo over it anyway will it have to be smooth or should i even bother with fiberglassing the oustide?

Read the first post, and look for the question What part(s) of the helmet do I fiberglass?

Gokussj5okazu said:
What are some good ways to accelerate resin drying? I used the proper amount of hardener, but the resin refuses to dry even after 12 hours. It's still tacky.

Edit: NVM I found out what's going on. You may want to add this to the first post to help other people. If anyone else has problems with the fiberglass resin curing and/or changing colors, look at what you're mixing in. I was using a brown butter bowl and my resin turned green and would not cure. I switched to a steel pie pain and viola, it worked beautifully. Same resin to harden ratio, same temp, everything, just a different container.
Sit the thing out in the hot sun for 2 hours, hard and sturdy.

I did a bondo resin on my mask and is dried, but the way it looks like is that if I sand it, it would go through the paper and make a whole in the mask. So what should I do. Also what type of glue I should use to stick the Fiber Glass inside of the mask.

QUESTION: Spackle, anyone tried using this rather then bondo, for detailing. It would go on top of the two layers of resin on the outside, then be detailed and sanded... And the inside would still be fiberglassed... I just think spackle would be easier then bondo, since you don't need to mix it.

Spartan_117 said:
I did a bondo resin on my mask and is dried, but the way it looks like is that if I sand it, it would go through the paper and make a whole in the mask. So what should I do. Also what type of glue I should use to stick the Fiber Glass inside of the mask.
Whoa Whoa. Are you telling me you didn't fiberglass before you Bondo!? It won't make a hole, It will most likely to big crack around the bondo or simply just rip off :p

I used Adhensive (Spray Glue), but gets messy when you try to put it on. So i guess tape or that. With Adhensive, wear a repirator, that stuff are nasty when you breath in it.

I think he meant bondo brand resin... once you put enough fiberglass inside, sanding only wears through the paper and exposes the fiberglass, which is fine.

and @ Jim: Spackle Murakumo used spackle on his pep helmet and it looks good.

Ruze789 said:
I think he meant bondo brand resin... once you put enough fiberglass inside, sanding only wears through the paper and exposes the fiberglass, which is fine.

Whoops :p Whenever I see Bondo I automatically think of Body Filler :p

Thank you for the answer, but I got more questions. In the tutorials "Long Shot" fiberglassed the outside; however in the other tutorials the other member fiberglass the inside. Do I fiberglass both the inside and the outside, then sand it. Or do I fiberglass the inside and sand the outside, or fiberglass the outside and then sand it?
I know it is confusing, but I am lost.

Ruze789 said:

Thanks man, I searched but didn't come across that one... I will be getting some spackle tomorrow :)

What would be the best solution for the visor for an EVA helm, cause I don't really want to spend too much just to have to get multipule visors for the helm.

Spartan_117 said:
Thank you for the answer, but I got more questions. In the tutorials "Long Shot" fiberglassed the outside; however in the other tutorials the other member fiberglass the inside. Do I fiberglass both the inside and the outside, then sand it. Or do I fiberglass the inside and sand the outside, or fiberglass the outside and then sand it?
I know it is confusing, but I am lost.

You would fiberglass the inside and sand the outside. Give the fiberglass a good sand on the outside, I used a dremel to take alot of the run's or high spots that the resin dripped in the corners... After that, go over a layer with body filler (bondo, duraglass or whatever brand).. And sand till you get the desired shape of your piece.. Helmet, body part, etc..

Hey ive checked alot of the stickies but my helmet doesnt fit that good on my head. its big. what should i do? i though padding inside but i dont know what to use for it..

D0gRAV3N said:
Hey ive checked alot of the stickies but my helmet doesnt fit that good on my head. its big. what should i do? i though padding inside but i dont know what to use for it..
Alright. Did you scale it?
If you did what scale number did you use and what is your height (to see if you did it right)
If it's that big, I dont think padding will work, I'd think padding in these helmets are to add comfort.

whats the easiest way to fiberglass cloth things that have closed off spaces like the helmet, forearms, biceps and shins? how do i make the cloth stay in place before i add the resin?

MC Chris said:
whats the easiest way to fiberglass cloth things that have closed off spaces like the helmet, forearms, biceps and shins? how do i make the cloth stay in place before i add the resin?
Adhensive "Spray Glue" (Gets very messy but does the job, if done right) Just sray glue it on it then resin over it :p

I might use this way butnot sure but, tape might work. Just add tape to the spot you want the fiberglass and resin over it.

Jack said:
I have a question for that.

Do you put the fiberglass cloth on while the resin is hardening or when it's done? And I'm talking about the inside of the helmet.
also when applying the fiberglass its best to do it all while its curing, not all in one application of resin, thats not really possible, just make a batch of resin, use it all on as much fiberglass it will lay up. dont let that dry before your next layer, or next section. the strength od fiberglass is in the curing, when the layes cure toegether it makes it stronger, less likely to crack. let me know if you dont understand what i mean by this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back