Preparing To Drop In

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSUSPARTAN

ODST_1_by_Spartan_029.jpg

ODST_2_by_Spartan_029.jpg

ODST_3_by_Spartan_029.jpg

Well I've only been working on this for about a week and I'm already done with the building of the body armor and the helmet. Just got around to applying bondo today. More to come. It's good to be back.

Looking very good. And yeah, the road to ODST is a lot easier than the road to spartan armor.

Just out of curiosity, any reason why you went with the WETA chestpiece instead of the newer one-piece one?

Hey man, just tossing it out, less bondo! Working in many smaller layers makes for less sanding. Just get the first layer down, and mix "hot" bondo (very pink with a fast cure) to get it right with less painfully long sanding! but looking good so far...

Ah! Another Hell Jumper to join the crew. I'm on the road as well. I'm just in the process of making my helm as we speak.

Everything you got going is looking great.

Trooper0621 said:
Looking very good. And yeah, the road to ODST is a lot easier than the road to spartan armor.

Just out of curiosity, any reason why you went with the WETA chestpiece instead of the newer one-piece one?

Oh there's a new one? FUDGE! I had no idea. Guess I'll look around for it. Thanks. Are there any other new files I should keep an eye out for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Perth 16 said:
Hey man, just tossing it out, less bondo! Working in many smaller layers makes for less sanding. Just get the first layer down, and mix "hot" bondo (very pink with a fast cure) to get it right with less painfully long sanding! but looking good so far...

Cool thanks for the tip. Will do.

Spartan-029 said:
Oh there's a new one? FUDGE! I had no idea. Guess I'll look around for it. Thanks. Are there any other new files I should keep an eye out for?

The ODST 'upgrades' I know of are primarily in this thread:

ODST (recon) thread

Or in 1ManBattalion and Rundown's personal threads.

The biggest thing i can think of besides the chest piece is the new 3-piece shoulders, which are in the ODST (Recon) thread.

Keep up the good work!

Or in 1ManBattalion and Rundown's personal threads.

The biggest thing i can think of besides the chest piece is the new 3-piece shoulders, which are in the ODST (Recon) thread.

Keep up the good work!

[/quote]

Thanks a lot. Guess I'll give that Weta version to my lil cousin then. I was wondering how the weta version worked with the back armor as it was...

pooper said:
Looking good! Really liking the helmet... is that rundown's Rookie file?

Yup, sure is. I would have used my own but considering I have a Mac, pepakura doesn't read MD files. Otherwise I would have used my own.

My link

This was the first one I ever did. I looks crummy now that I look back on it but it was the first 3D model I did of an ODST other than a Spartan II

I suppose it's been a while to say the least. Been busy with exams, and 3D modeling lately. Got inspired by the new Halo Reach trailer and I'm working on developing a Mark VII MJOLNIR armor. But that's another day. Right now, here's my finished ODST.

Pre-ODST release

ODST_armor_update3_by_Spartan_029.jpg

ODST_armor_update4_by_Spartan_029.jpg

ODST_and_cowgirl_by_Spartan_029.jpg

The_mod_squad_by_Spartan_029.jpg

DRAW_by_Spartan_029.jpg

Charlie_Chaplain_by_Spartan_029.jpg

Yes, Charlie Chaplin is my mom. I still can't believe I'm that much taller than her. And yes she's proud of her lil odst. lol

Spartan-029 said:
I suppose it's been a while to say the least. Been busy with exams, and 3D modeling lately. Got inspired by the new Halo Reach trailer and I'm working on developing a Mark VII MJOLNIR armor. But that's another day. Right now, here's my finished ODST.

Pre-ODST release

ODST_armor_update3_by_Spartan_029.jpg

ODST_armor_update4_by_Spartan_029.jpg

ODST_and_cowgirl_by_Spartan_029.jpg

The_mod_squad_by_Spartan_029.jpg

DRAW_by_Spartan_029.jpg

Charlie_Chaplain_by_Spartan_029.jpg

Yes, Charlie Chaplin is my mom. I still can't believe I'm that much taller than her. And yes she's proud of her lil odst. lol

Epic charlie chaplin! And SI-ICK armor dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back