Preskewl's Pep Armor.. (completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
optimusaint said:
if thats your wife's gamertag under yours, i applaud you. shes a fox to boot. bravo!

Yeah that is hers.. I should update it LOL.. Here is her as cortana.. We did the suit up last minute, like an hour before the party LOL... Thanx for the compliment.. Yeah that's my better half LOL haha

cortanagroup1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thats awesome. isnt it cool to break the stereotype that only nerds play video games or that all video gamers are nerds who cant get hot chicks?

optimusaint said:
thats awesome. isnt it cool to break the stereotype that only nerds play video games or that all video gamers are nerds who cant get hot chicks?

LOL you are awesome.. Yeah, well Nerds rule the world anyway.. It just happen my wifey is a hot nerd hahah, That's the beauty about playing online.. You never know who the person on the other end look like. Most of her halo buddies had no clue how she looked like until she created her own gamer myspace page.. All her friends are like (y).. Especially she uploaded her modeling pictures up.. Yeah, she is a freelance model and a gamer geek!!

preskewl said:
LOL you are awesome.. Yeah, well Nerds rule the world anyway.. It just happen my wifey is a hot nerd hahah, That's the beauty about playing online.. You never know who the person on the other end look like. Most of her halo buddies had no clue how she looked like until she created her own gamer myspace page.. All her friends are like (y).. Especially she uploaded her modeling pictures up.. Yeah, she is a freelance model and a gamer geek!!

word. its amazing sometimes. it never gets old for me. whenever i go out in one of my costumes, i just know that the first impression is "thats a nerd under that robot suit". which is true, but its not the end of my story. once i start dancing, it quickly changes to "that must be a black guy in that robot suit, no nerd can dance like that". and finally, when swarms of girls come around asking for pictures, they eventually ask to wear the helmet. then i get the "OMG you look like jared leto/"the guy from all american rejects"/"the guy from hellogoodbye" " (i get them all, from guys and girls).

then, ill go take the suit off, and come back into the party/club in regular clothes, and ill either blend into the crowd seamlessly, or get high fives from all walks of guys ranging from the bodybuilders to the metalheads to the pocketprotecters. its insane. some places, i cant even go incognito, the people recognize me.

but alas, i havent found a foxy gamer girl. you are very lucky.

optimusaint said:
word. its amazing sometimes. it never gets old for me. whenever i go out in one of my costumes, i just know that the first impression is "thats a nerd under that robot suit". which is true, but its not the end of my story. once i start dancing, it quickly changes to "that must be a black guy in that robot suit, no nerd can dance like that". and finally, when swarms of girls come around asking for pictures, they eventually ask to wear the helmet. then i get the "OMG you look like jared leto/"the guy from all american rejects"/"the guy from hellogoodbye" " (i get them all, from guys and girls).

then, ill go take the suit off, and come back into the party/club in regular clothes, and ill either blend into the crowd seamlessly, or get high fives from all walks of guys ranging from the bodybuilders to the metalheads to the pocketprotecters. its insane. some places, i cant even go incognito, the people recognize me.

but alas, i havent found a foxy gamer girl. you are very lucky.

You do actually look like Jared Leto.. I just saw the picture and go hey. Optimus! haha.. Yeah, when I saw you dance.. I was amazed myself.. You got amazing skills!! Oh those 2 guys that my wife too a picture with.. They got amazing poppin skills too.. I swear, My mouth was wide open watching them dance.. I'll have to show you that video once I upload it.. It goes to show, that no matter who you are.. If you have the passion you can do everything out there.. No matter what the colorlines or stero types that people think.. Like you mention, they think you were a black guy under you costume.. I bet you are MR. Popular.. I checked out all your video's and youtube and really impressed.. You should get a clearer video of the daftpunk. That is one of my favortie outfits from your collection.. Well, all your outfits rock but that one caught my eye with the led lights.. When I heard daft punk playing, I actually immediately thought of your costume and started dancing my butt off haha..

It is unreal, I was nervous wearing my chief outfit last night to the club. Friday night was electronica/rave so more people are forgiving.. Last night was more of hip hop and was worried what people would have thought.. I wasn't going to miss out the costume contest so me and my wife decided to check out.. I was amazed.. Krazy lookin thugs, nuckle heads, etc.. Being Filipino myself, I felt outta place but wow.. We were welcomed with open arms.. The promoters already said I won the contest before we step foot in the club and gave us VIP.. Amazing how being in an outfit like this, people give you respect and bring out the inner geekness from all walks of life.. Great times, Well couple of more days to go.. I'm in search of more halloween costume contest and prize money LOL :D

Oh about finding a girl, it takes time.. Believe me once you find the right one it's over haha. Married life!! But we do enjoy ourselves, no kids!! Thank goodness!! We still like to do our gaming and hit the electronica clubs!! OH yeah, and be total geeks 4 lyfe!! :D

Great pics, keep up the good work. I have been looking in the pep section a little, thinking about trying some stuff and wondering how good people get there stuff to look and I must say yours is a great example of what can be done.

preskewl said:
You do actually look like Jared Leto.. I just saw the picture and go hey. Optimus! haha.. Yeah, when I saw you dance.. I was amazed myself.. You got amazing skills!! Oh those 2 guys that my wife too a picture with.. They got amazing poppin skills too.. I swear, My mouth was wide open watching them dance.. I'll have to show you that video once I upload it.. It goes to show, that no matter who you are.. If you have the passion you can do everything out there.. No matter what the colorlines or stero types that people think.. Like you mention, they think you were a black guy under you costume.. I bet you are MR. Popular.. I checked out all your video's and youtube and really impressed.. You should get a clearer video of the daftpunk. That is one of my favortie outfits from your collection.. Well, all your outfits rock but that one caught my eye with the led lights.. When I heard daft punk playing, I actually immediately thought of your costume and started dancing my butt off haha..

It is unreal, I was nervous wearing my chief outfit last night to the club. Friday night was electronica/rave so more people are forgiving.. Last night was more of hip hop and was worried what people would have thought.. I wasn't going to miss out the costume contest so me and my wife decided to check out.. I was amazed.. Krazy lookin thugs, nuckle heads, etc.. Being Filipino myself, I felt outta place but wow.. We were welcomed with open arms.. The promoters already said I won the contest before we step foot in the club and gave us VIP.. Amazing how being in an outfit like this, people give you respect and bring out the inner geekness from all walks of life.. Great times, Well couple of more days to go.. I'm in search of more halloween costume contest and prize money LOL :D

Oh about finding a girl, it takes time.. Believe me once you find the right one it's over haha. Married life!! But we do enjoy ourselves, no kids!! Thank goodness!! We still like to do our gaming and hit the electronica clubs!! OH yeah, and be total geeks 4 lyfe!! :D

thanks man! ill probably wear the daft punk out again soon. and when i do, ill make sure the lighting tech shines a few more on me so the video is clear. and i agree, its amazing how a well done master chief suit can instantly turn EVERYONE into nerds!

i cant wait to find the right one. so far they all just wanna be seen with me because im well known (or they want those free tickets to saints games), but very few of them like me for who i am. i guess ill just use them as eye candy when i go out like they use me for my status here in NOLA.

optimusaint said:
thanks man! ill probably wear the daft punk out again soon. and when i do, ill make sure the lighting tech shines a few more on me so the video is clear. and i agree, its amazing how a well done master chief suit can instantly turn EVERYONE into nerds!

i cant wait to find the right one. so far they all just wanna be seen with me because im well known (or they want those free tickets to saints games), but very few of them like me for who i am. i guess ill just use them as eye candy when i go out like they use me for my status here in NOLA.

For sure.. That would be the video of the year.. Just make sure you tag it with daft punk on youtube.. You will be getting alot of hits for sure.. I missed their show out here in Seattle.. I save the video's and it looked amazing.. They had them on top a lighted pyrmaid wearing their famous costumes.... Well, take your time in finding the right person.. When you know they are genuine and are there for you, then you know its time.. Plus your young.. Gotta play the field before you hang yourself up in the hall of fame LOL... Well, here is one more of us at the club from lastnight.. She took off the whole blue jumpsuit and decided to go Japanese style otaku with her blue hair haha.. I guess Cortana meets Japanese anime LOL haha

japaskewl2.jpg

Oh!! and thanks smick6.. Coming from the man who created the awesome brutespiker.. Total compliment!! :not worthy:

WOW Very nice, ur Sea-town huh?! Well be on the lookout for a masterchief around there cause my hubby's MC armor WIP 50% complete would so look great standing next to ya!! VERY VERY COOL to see seattle spartans poppin up!!

Lata
angela

UNSC Certified said:
WOW Very nice, ur Sea-town huh?! Well be on the lookout for a masterchief around there cause my hubby's MC armor WIP 50% complete would so look great standing next to ya!! VERY VERY COOL to see seattle spartans poppin up!!
Lata
angela

Yes!! From Seatown.. Goodluck on the armor process.. :D

dead-spartan said:
didnt smick6 create the brute spiker.

Yeah he did, it was a long weekend.. :lol: Fixed!

Wow your armor turned out amazing!!!!! :love: Awesome job, dude (specially love the metallic look you got)! All your hard work really paid off :not worthy:

Vexona said:
Wow your armor turned out amazing!!!!! :love: Awesome job, dude (specially love the metallic look you got)! All your hard work really paid off :not worthy:

Hey Vexona.. Your too kind!! For stressing out and really doing a rush job on it, It came out pretty well.. I'll have to post up the behind the scene's.. It's krazy to see how the backyard patio looked with resin, bondo dust everywhere.. Especially working in 30 degree weather and sleeping at 3am everynight LOL haha.. I was stressing so much, my wife lend a hand.. She layered up in clothes.. Put on a dust mask and sanded right beside me. Also, my dad stopped by... Saw us hard at work and he helped apply the bondo, while I painted the other parts!!.. Krazyness for the last few days of my deadline!! Well worth it.. I kinda miss it now!! :cry:

Lol at your post preskewl. Man, I love this armor. It looks professionally done. You can't even tell that the armor is pep! How did you make your armor's paint look so metalic?

Standup1016 said:
Lol at your post preskewl. Man, I love this armor. It looks professionally done. You can't even tell that the armor is pep! How did you make your armor's paint look so metalic?

Hey Thanks for the compliment Standup1016 haha. It's just any spray paint you find at an autopart store...Also it's all preperation before you lay down your color.. You have to have a good canvas before you can do art on it right? Well, at first I was disappointed with the paint, It was very cold that night.. The color went on smooth, but after a few minutes the paint became cloudy.. Thinking back to my old autobody days, I remember that parts and paint should be warm or at least in a warm enivironment for paint to flow.. So, I started to stress! I almost made a camp fire but my wife goes.. Use a blow dryer!!.. Well, the light bulb went on and used my trusty heat gun.. The day was saved, it came out better then what I expected for less then a month work in the dead of fall... I'll probably end up re-doing it come summer time.. I want to get more details in it and replace some parts!! :D

Lol, I will try that. Thanks alot.
When I paint mine, I'm going to put a metallic base coat. Then paint it red, and then blowdry it :D

Standup1016 said:
Lol, I will try that. Thanks alot.
When I paint mine, I'm going to put a metallic base coat. Then paint it red, and then blowdry it :D

Sounds good.. I'm really going to do mine over comes summer time.. I know I can do better LOL.. I'm also going to do detail on it.. It's just too damn cold out BRRR hahha.. COME ON SPRING AND SUMMER>> (wishful thinking in the dead of winter) ;)

And thanks Beremus!! :D

sprry to go a tad offtopic, but my account wont let me create new topics/threads

what is pepakura armor? and how is it different from molding?

also great job with it, and for when your making your next set or w/e, get a more reflective visor :)

(You can't make new topics in the creation discussions until you have 50 posts (see the very first sticky in the noobie forum).
Read the Pepakura forum stickies at the top of the board if you don't understand what it is. You'll find all the basic questions have already been answered and organized there. If you need to ask random questions you ought to do that in the noobie forum (where you are allowed to create threads in the meantime) instead of redirecting someone else's finished armor thread. =\ If you post in the right place people will be willing to help you.)

His visor is completely reflective. Mirrored motorcycle visors (and any 1-way mirror) will look slightly transparent when exposed to a bright light, like a camera's flash. That's as reflective as you can get honestly. I like that he went the distance and did the dual layer visor, which looks very flashy and nice :) It's worth that extra effort.

mmm smancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back