Printer selection help, I can't find printer capable to handle 110 lb card stock,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimerats

Currently I have an Epson stylus NX415, I can print medium thickness card stock up to 65, but now I want to use thicker paper for my protects at least 110lb, but no matter what I try the printer will not even gran the paper I contacted Epson help, and they confirmed that their home printers will not work on thick paper like 110lb and ticker, so can anybody recomend me an affordable printer capable to handle 110lb card stock?, thank you.

TD;DR can anybody recommend an affordable printer capable to print thick card stock 110lb.

Literally anything but an Epson Stylus. Or an Epson, for that matter. Epson is a byword for utterly generic, painfully unreliable printers.

I use a Canon MG3150, you should be able to find something decent for around the same price range.

Just about any HP printer can handle 110-lb cardstock. Say what you will about HP's quality of late but I never had a problem printing heavyweight cardstock with them.

I use a Canon Pixma MX920 and 110 lb cardstock feeds through it without issue. The machine's a behemoth, but with 9600x2400 dpi and cardstock capability I made room for it! Modern printers are all generally about the same price for similar capabilities and they're practically given away because they know once you've got their printer you'll be paying through the teeth on ink refills (and that's where they make their money, not on the printer sale). However, many manufacturers are fighting back against refillable cartridges to reclaim lost revenues and putting chips on the cartridges so they can't be used more than once. The Pixma printers allow you to disable ink cartridge monitoring, enabling you to refill cartridges and reuse them - which costs a lot less than buying new cartridges.

Just about any HP printer can handle 110-lb cardstock. Say what you will about HP's quality of late but I never had a problem printing heavyweight cardstock with them.

I concur with RalI found an hp 101 deskjet at wally. It handles 110 pound paper, and the price point: bout 50 bucks, if that....that's including the cable to connect it to your pc. Whatever you do if you go that route remember to buy the connector...otherwise you get home and realise you don't have one, and dear God in heaven save me, if that isn't annoying as sin.

I actually own an epson. Dunno the model, but its a small printer/copier/scanner combo. I use 110lb no problem in it. I can get the model when I get home from work

Hello! I have a HP Deskjet F4240 printer and it will take the cardstock but will only print half of a page. Anyone know what I should do? Thank you!

I use a Epson wf-7610. It's 149.00 at office max and can print 11x17 110lbs cardstock, so you can get the extra large pieces in one print! Had mine for two years and only just replaced the ink and had an issue with it. It's also wifi ready and is just a beast of a printer

I went through the dilemma of buying a printer about a month ago, and NONE of the printers had any specs on them about what weights and types of paper they could take, and the Internet didn't tell me much more. From all the research that I did, I learned that generally a printer with a rear load (paper goes in the top at the back and feeds out the front) will do the trick because the cardstock doesn't need to go around a series of rollers (like in printers where the paper tray is on the front). I ended up buying a canon mg2929 for about a hundred bucks, and it works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back