Progress Of My First Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

borge 009

i have finished all the pep files for this armor and decided to work first with the helmet, boots and forearm. Still needs a lot of sanding. the helmet is not yet done. needs more detailing also the boots.

need your comments so that i i will know on what to do. thanks

[attachment=11949:Image0804.jpg]

[attachment=11950:Image0807.jpg]

[attachment=11951:Image0821.jpg]

[attachment=11952:Image0865.jpg]

[attachment=11953:Image0878.jpg]

[attachment=11954:Image0879.jpg]

[attachment=11955:Image0882.jpg]

[attachment=11956:Image0883.jpg][attachment=11957:Image0884.jpg][attachment=11958:Image0887.jpg]

What's all the red stuff? It looks redder than your bondo. Just paint or a crap-ton of spot putty? Great job so far!

Dan W. said:
What's all the red stuff? It looks redder than your bondo. Just paint or a crap-ton of spot putty? Great job so far!

the red stuff is an epoxy primer....thanks a lot......

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! I love how the helmet turns out so shiney.

How long did it take you? Say from pep assemble to this?

I'll follow with interest. Keep up the good work!

AngelVirusX said:
Looking good! I love how the helmet turns out so shiney.

How long did it take you? Say from pep assemble to this?

I'll follow with interest. Keep up the good work!

from assembling the pep files (full body) up to

working on the biceps, forearms,helmet and boots, it takes me 1 month because i have a class everyday. so i got to work only at night.

i have no materials left so maybe it will take long time for me to finish my armor......but im doing my best to finish it early....

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the latest piece that I've been working on, the bicep. Still needs to be sanded and detailed like the previous ones. I've been busy lately because of school matters. But hopefully I can post another progress of my work.

[attachment=12114:1.jpg]

[attachment=12115:2.jpg]

[attachment=12116:3.jpg]

[attachment=12117:4.jpg]

[attachment=12118:5.jpg]

thanks.

thanks..the bicep did not turn out good because it looks like it was deformed when i was glassing it..looking forward to detail my parts and paint..

my pepped pieces weren't assembled well so I was having problems when I glassed it. The pieces where deformed so I have so much to work in detailing and sanding.

I recently resined the outside of the torso and i messed a lot of things. Here are the pics of my torso after being resined.

the parts that were encircled are the spots where the paper was not glued hardly. Yes I used ordinary paper which I used to print out the pep parts. But I glued the ordinary paper in a cheap board and then i cut it.

[attachment=12197:1.JPG]

[attachment=12198:2.JPG]

Here its like there's a gap in between but hopefully i can manage to solve this. I'm going to have a lot of work with bondo here. Hope it will turn out good after.

[attachment=12199:3.JPG]

Thanks and have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back