Progress On My New Set Of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gearsofhalo said:
dude, you are great. right now, i wish i was you. i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, but i think your armor is the best pepakura armor out there as of now. but that comment is pending based on the finshed product, and paint job :lol:

lol thanks.

SoullessSin said:
Hey what did you line the inside of your chest and helm? Looks like a plastic soft layer of something

All it is is fiberglass. I just painted it thats all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just finished painting the front half of the torso. All it needs left is some battle damage which I hope to have done tomorrow. Also here is a first pic of it actually on me to see how well it fits. What do you guys think?

Chest and helm together
100_0846.jpg

Fitting front view
100_0849.jpg

Fitting Back view
100_0850.jpg

Details
100_0853.jpg

And the chest as a whole
100_0852.jpg

I <3 your work, very nice job on that torso, I never bothered to finish mine because of other work, but I hear FS has a new easier torso coming out soon. Yours is already done mostly, and I just love the color of paint, what brand/color is it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AoBfrost @ Aug 23 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I <3 your work, very nice job on that torso, I never bothered to finish mine because of other work, but I hear FS has a new easier torso coming out soon. Yours is already done mostly, and I just love the color of paint, what brand/color is it?</div>

Its exactly what adam uses.

Dark grey rustolium primer
oregano (not sure on brand)

I found krylon makes a new paint color called "Italian olive" very close to MC's armor, wish I would have bought that stuff instead of the other slightly darker green I got. Dont even know what I got, but it's from rustoleom.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AoBfrost @ Aug 23 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I <3 your work, very nice job on that torso, I never bothered to finish mine because of other work, but I hear FS has a new easier torso coming out soon. Yours is already done mostly, and I just love the color of paint, what brand/color is it?</div>
frost i think fs released it all ready

AoBfrost said:
I found krylon makes a new paint color called "Italian olive" very close to MC's armor, wish I would have bought that stuff instead of the other slightly darker green I got. Dont even know what I got, but it's from rustoleom.
The Krylon Italian Olive paint has been around a while. They just recently re-designed the can style. Rust-Oleum has Spruce Green, which is close to the Italian Olive.

@Twitch, great job on the armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finished my torso. Ill be fiberglassing the biceps soon. Anyway here are the pics you all have been waiting for.
(oh and before anyone asks I dont have a visor yet I just photoshoped one in for the avatar)

100_0862.jpg

100_0863.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0874.jpg

100_0875.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0878.jpg

100_0879.jpg

Oh and finally got the battle damage on the hand plates
100_0880.jpg

That is looking very nice! BTW - where is the visor?? j/k It does look really really good. You've pulled it off very well. Good job! I'd give you a cookie but I'm out of em right now. Perhaps another headed to elite?

Looks great!
Good work there, with the helm on you it is very nice! (your helm is very nice as well)
keep up the good work!

Well I pepped the cod piece but it was too small so in the trash it goes. Ill probably start on a thigh tonight. Sorry for the useless post. ;)

But heres the new mannequin. I did the upper body so far. I need to finish the bottom and the arms. I used Seans packing tape method just instead of foam I used crumpled up paper.

100_0939.jpg

100_0941.jpg

Oh and found the glove im going to use. Im using these but ill die the yellow between the fingers black and the hand plate will cover the yellow logo. Pretty good for $24 before my discount at auto zone.

http://garage.mechanix.com/pop_xLarge.aspx...xlarge/mp_k.jpg

Those are some pretty nice looking gloves - I would suggest adding velcro to it and the handplates so you can use them for something else once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back