Progress On My New Set Of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice, well done. I hear you on the cold weather, I'm in only pep assembly mode until springtime, I have no place to work in warmth.

I think the scale is good, with a chest piece and other finished armor it will look fine. Plus any padding you put in the helmet will bring it up away from your shoulders more. Scale = good, IMO.

why did you put this in the noob forum?

Ruze789 said:
why did you put this in the noob forum?

You know im not sure ;) Guess im still hesitant about posting in the creation forum.

Try making FS's torso with your new helmet, his torso is godly.

I will if I can get a printable version of it. (Or maybe I just found the wrong one) When I unfolded it it was a huge mess and I really suck at making things workable like that. But yes thats the best torso Ive seen yet. Id really like to do that one. Anyone willing to unfold it for me? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
TwitchFMX8811 said:
You know im not sure ;) Guess im still hesitant about posting in the creation forum.
I will if I can get a printable version of it. (Or maybe I just found the wrong one) When I unfolded it it was a huge mess and I really suck at making things workable like that. But yes thats the best torso Ive seen yet. Id really like to do that one. Anyone willing to unfold it for me? :p

He'll be posting a new one (almost finished) this weekend or on monday, the one you got was his preview so he didn't unfold it.

He'll probably be unfolding his near-final one, he does a nice job on that as well as making the models.

Looks great. Danni's pep file? Scale looks good also. About how tall are you and what scale did you use for it? I'm on my 3rd one cause the first one was too small, the second is only a little small (my ears keep getting caught up as I put it on).

Bentobochs said:
Looks great. Danni's pep file? Scale looks good also. About how tall are you and what scale did you use for it? I'm on my 3rd one cause the first one was too small, the second is only a little small (my ears keep getting caught up as I put it on).

Yea its DF4Ls helm. Im 5'10'' and I used ... well im not sure what scale I used ;) uh oh... I think it was 27?

well came up with an idea to store it. Lamp Shade. Just cant keep the light on for more than a few seconds. Dont want a fire on my hands. Maybe if I get one of those low heat bulbs it would work. hmmmm :cautious:

lampshade.jpg

Thats what you need to do when resining it, tin foil the top of the lamp, put the wet resin helmet over, let it sit on over night, enjoy...it shouldnt start a fire either since the thing will be wet.

AoBfrost said:
Thats what you need to do when resining it, tin foil the top of the lamp, put the wet resin helmet over, let it sit on over night, enjoy...it shouldnt start a fire either since the thing will be wet.

hmmmm that might be an idea!

yeah, and you'll have a pretty fricken cool lamp shade while its drying, and if there are any holes (oh god no) then you got yourself a disco ball!

ah, me and my wacked out mind.

well I thought about it some more and I dont think ill be able to use the lamp idea. I would end up stinking the whole house up. Even if I put it in the garage it will end up stinking. Tried it before and it didnt work out so well.

AoBfrost said:

Just like gasoline won't start a fire because it's wet :lol:

Personally, I'm guilty of drying some parts by a stove burner with the hood fan on to suck out the smell so whatever.

Sigma-LS said:
Just like gasoline won't start a fire because it's wet :lol:

Personally, I'm guilty of drying some parts by a stove burner with the hood fan on to suck out the smell so whatever.
im mostly happy its a finished helmet not half of a helmet...

Obviously, I don't ever sleep. Just look at the times I post.

So anyways, Holy Smokes! Will you just look at all those folds! That is suicide!

It looks like fun. :D

You did a nice clean job with all of those lines and folds, it looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Keep us updated.

its actually not as many folds as most models with half the detail, there are a few tricky parts though,, it looks like you used the first smooth helmet model, i have made a new one since then,,, its easier to build,, lol sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back